i recently got an epiphone g-400 and i absolutly love it, as a result my younger brother wants an electric guitar.
he has a budget of about €250, £225 or $370 us.
this would be his first electric after learning on a sx accoustic.
he plays all types of rock and some metal.
as for guitars i've suggested and he likes the looks of are:
1. ibanez grg121ex
2. dean vendetta xm
3. cort m200
as for amps he is going to have my old tenson scream 15 which i will be replacing with a vox vt30.
any opinions or recomendations are welcome.
Last edited by britishsligean at Sep 22, 2009,
Schecter's can be cheap... and will get you a lot of p*ssy
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Dream Floyd
Schecter's can be cheap... and will get you a lot of p*ssy

scheters are too much and i believe there are hardly any dealers where i live
My friend got his Schecter Omen 6 for 250 euro... so just in your budget....
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Sep 22, 2009,
they're like €300 at the cheapest, and the fact that ireland is one of the highest taxed on vat it is realy hard to find gear within a budget
I don't know the situation, but I recommend used (unless he is absolutely against it). Used schecters are well worth the money and taxes aren't an issue.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
the problem he has with going used is he is pretty busy as he's got exams this year, and he is heavily involved in sport ,so he will not be able to go out and try some used guitars as for those he would have to go all over the country looking for them.