well, im 14 and im fat, i think...
im around 5 ft tall, weigh 10.5 stone/65kg (roughly) and my waist is 34 to 36. I'm wanting to lose weight and get fit, i want to get rid of my stomach and probably lose a stone(???!!). I go to the gym once a week and twice a week every other week, im planning to do a 5-10 minute run every day when walking my dog, i do 3 hours+ of sport in school a week (football etc.) and 3 hours out of school (gym about sums it), do you think i can get fit from doing this? im going to cut what im eating ofcourse, also wat machines should i go on when im at the gym(weights 2) while losing weight i don't want to end up with big moobs so how do i burn these off. also any other tips?

Btw im classed as chubby rather than fat b***rd
I believe the way to get fit is by 12 hours a day fapping, and 10 hours of Guitar-ing, and 2 hours of sleeping.
Do Cardio to burn the fat (run, cycle), eat better and then when you've lost the wieght do strength training.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by rockgodstu
im around 5 ft tall, weigh 10.5 stone/65kg (roughly) and my waist is 34 to 36. I'm wanting to lose weight and get fit, i want to get rid of my stomach and probably lose a stone(???!!). I go to the gym once a week and twice a week every other week, im planning to do a 5-10 minute run every day when walking my dog, i do 3 hours+ of sport in school a week (football etc.) and 3 hours out of school (gym about sums it), do you think i can get fit from doing this? im going to cut what im eating ofcourse, also wat machines should i go on when im at the gym(weights 2) while losing weight i don't want to end up with big moobs so how do i burn these off. also any other tips?

Seems to be a decent enough plan if you can stick to it.

As far as lifting to reduce weight, machines won't do much for that. They almost entirely work on single muscles rather than multiple ones and as of such there are much more effective ways to burn energy.

You can't spot reduce fat. Meaning fat comes of uniformly rather than in individual areas. So moobs only come off with the rest of your fat. At your age I would just reccomend a good amount of cardio and watching what you are eating (probably no need to be a complete diet nazi at your age though).

So running, swimming and a responsible diet should be more than you need to simply lose extra fat.
Last edited by leeb rocks at Sep 22, 2009,
Might just be a bad case of puppy fat, I mean, you're still growing after all.

I'd advise looking in the body building thread or whatever it is, someone posted a link I think. Leeb rocks seemed to say everything else I was going to say with regards to excersizing and what-not.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
The best way to burn fat is to do cardio right after you've woken up, before you've eaten anything. That way you will only be using up the already stored energy in your body, as you haven't eaten anything yet.

But be careful, don't push it too hard, at least not in the beginning. Take it easy until you get used to it or you will get really light headed and dizzy.
Quote by rockgodstu

Wait dude. You have yet to have your growth spurt. I used to be chubby when I was your height. Now I'm 6 inches taller and I am nowhere near as chubby...
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
the only way you will lose weight is to cut calories. You can do this by burning calories with cardio, and cutting the amount of calories you intake. Swimming, running, and cycling are the three activities you should focus on in rotation. Keep in mind there is no way to target a certain area of fat. You lose it as a layer, so no matter how many situps you do you wont get skinnier.
My Amazing Brilliant Weight Loss Book That Actually Works
step 1: eat less
step 2: excersise more
step 3: rinse and repeat

but seriously dont worry about weight, i used to be like you, now two years down the line im perfectly happy with my weight. its just cause you grow out before you grow up dont worry about it mate
I'm the same height and age as OP. I weigh 3 stones less.

I suggest (with my limited knowledge) that you start eating only slightly less than you would need to stay at the same weight but make sure that what you do eat is healthy - it's no good being thin but terrible on the inside.
ALWAYS have breakfast.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
I was the same height and heavier when I was your age. I'm fine, now. I wouldn't worry too much because you could just outgrow it. For the long term, you should surely watch what you eat. I think machine weights are the devil, stay away. When you decide it's necessary to lift weights, do compound exerices. Squats, Deadlifts, Clean and Press, and Bench Press. These are the only exercises you need. I believe Clean and Press to be the most important.
Increase the frequency of your workouts or intensity or duration.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Last edited by Venice King at Sep 22, 2009,
Just stop eating too much chocolate and stuff like that. It's not that hard.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
thanks everyone, yeh im a dwarf reall,y ive recently started growing, if i was taller i would have no weight problem at all as it all stretches upwards
what you need is a montage.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Do coke.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Eating less than a gda is ill advised. However healthier foods will help. Gym training and such will improve ur general fitness and weight training ur muscle mass, I wouldn't recommend weights at ur age mind. You may shift the weight in a spurt too
You lose weight buy maintaining a caloric deficit. Period.

Quote by Mechanixx
Do Cardio to burn the fat (run, cycle), eat better and then when you've lost the wieght do strength training.

No. If you lose all the weight with cardio, you'll look like a melted candle.

Quote by Ovenman
I'm the same height and age as OP. I weigh 3 stones less.

I suggest (with my limited knowledge) that you start eating only slightly less than you would need to stay at the same weight but make sure that what you do eat is healthy - it's no good being thin but terrible on the inside.
ALWAYS have breakfast.

Exactly this. No more than 1000 calories less.
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
You're 14 and 5ft tall, Im almost certain you're going to grow more. It will all work its self out over time but that doesnt mean you cant get fit! go for a run or so. 20 minutes of running or 45 minutes of walking is all it takes a day. Maybe do i few minor workout routines, Press ups, Sit ups, Then go for a run.
Gear:

Charvel So-Cal Style 1 HH
Jackson Pro Series RR24M
Dean Dave Mustaine Signature VMNT

JCM 2000 TSL 100
http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

Do this program.

Those guys know what the fuck they're talking about. I've been doing this for 2 weeks now and I already see my strength improving.

Concerning your fat, I'd say just eat smaller portions when it comes to meals.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

i hope i grow... lmao im like atleast a head smaller than most other people, quite a few year 7s are as tall as me lol:P im in year 10.
Quote by Eruption1991
http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

Do this program.

Those guys know what the fuck they're talking about. I've been doing this for 2 weeks now and I already see my strength improving.

There's also the Couch to 5K. Though I can't recall where it is, some DJ produced an album specifically for this program, where you run in-time with the beat. It kicks your ass hard.
You're*
ha ha I'm seventeen and weigh 16.8 stone and I'm completely fine with my weight but I'm also 1.85 m tall
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
- no crappy food
- good diet
- lack of bad food
- excercise

the first three were for emphasis. If you're serious about getting fit go buy a gym membership. Theres a lot of stuff you can do at home but the gym is always the best place to work out, unless you have thousands of dollars to spend on equipment. Read up on proper nutrition as eating is definitely the most important factor by far in weight loss
Last edited by priest.fan. at Sep 22, 2009,
if you lift weights and build muscle you'll only get heavier.

im 6ft, 32 waist but i weight almost 13st.

you need to run, alot of cardiovascular exercise and things like pushups, situps and stress/interrogatory positions like what they do in the army boot camps.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

long runs, ie 6miles. Otherwise you only use up your glucose, by running for longer you use up most of the glucose and burn more fat
The more you study the more you know. The more you know the more you forget......... so why study
Quote by Silver-spear94
if you lift weights and build muscle you'll only get heavier.

im 6ft, 32 waist but i weight almost 13st.

you need to run, alot of cardiovascular exercise and things like pushups, situps and stress/interrogatory positions like what they do in the army boot camps.

nope... if you are eating less than your maintenance calories then you won't gain weight, period. Nothing wrong with weightlifting plus cardio
Quote by ShaunDiel
Do HIIT. Eat better. Eat less shit.

this and concentrate more on cardio
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..