So I'm looking to get one of these in the near future, they look brilliant and seem the favourable choice for noise gates. However I was looking at pictures of it and it has 4 inputs: Guitar Input, Guitar Output, Dec Input & Dec Output. If I want to add it in my pedal chain which is running through my effects loops, which 2 inputs should I use?

Also, there seems to be two models with about a £50 price difference, one is just called the ISP Decimator and one is called the ISP Decimator G-String, what's the difference? Is it really worth springing for the G-string model?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

-Guy
http://www.facebook.com/someofusneverdie

Check us out, we'd really appreciate any feedback or support.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator, MXR Carbon Copy
If you're running a lot of pedals, the G-string would be better.

I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think the extra inputs let you have your pedal chain/effects loop hooked into the decimator, and also have signals going direct to it from the guitar, and out to the amp.

Whatever way the noise reduction algorythm works, it works better in the G-string as it has the original guitar signal coming into it to refer back to. Saying that, I'm not sure if it's needed, cause I haven't tried the standard model.

It's absolutely great by the way, only touches my tone in any way when the batteries run low. Worth the price IMHO
mine has an in/output only, i think the g-string has the 4 puts...it works awesome, doesnt suck tone, maybe sustain if its too high but tone and sustain are different things
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way
Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it
So basically, you don't think it's essential to put out extra for the G-string?

I just wana run it through my effects loop with my other pedals so I don't really need 4 inputs.

@mechanix901: Does it say guitar input or dec input? Or just input? The 4 different sockets really threw me off, seeing as all my other pedals only have 2

-Guy

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
Quote by Guy101
I just wana run it through my effects loop with my other pedals so I don't really need 4 inputs.

...What pedals do you have running through your loop? You know that not ALL pedals sound best in the loop right? The Decimator is (usually) one of the pedals you put in FRONT of your amp. If you want to run it through your FX loop, the G-string may be a better choice for you.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
deci input and output are for running it in your FX loop, guitar in and out are for running it infront of your amp.

Running it infront will reduce noise from guitar / feedback
Running it in FX Loop will reduce noise with your amp head and pedals in FX loop.

I recommend the G-string.

I have it and love it. Even with no pedals in the FX I still notice a difference.

With the G-string you basically can eliminate ALL noise
@Yngwi3: Yep, I know that there are some things that should be run in front of the amp But from the reviews I've read (and I can only go on other peoples opinion here), it sounds just as effective in the loop.

@mespinos: Thanks for clearing the input problem up So basically the G-string is just even more effective? It's confusing because, I've heard such good things about the standard version, I just wonder how the G-string can be even better??

It seems alot harder to get it in the UK as well, stupid England!

-Guy

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
i dont think the gstring is better, just more features. but dont quote me on that....even if you get the basic version your feedback is gonna be gone.
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way
yeah g-string is for people who want to us eit in front and in the effects loop at the same time but the regular one works fine if you only want to do one of the two at a time
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
The G-String is "better" because it has more features. Its like running 2 of the standard ones sort of.

If you run the standard version in the FX loop you will likely still have feedback.
It really depends, if you only need it infront of the amp or in the FX loop then you only need the standard decimator. And if its WAY out of your budget to get the G-string, I still like the standard pedal much better than the boss NS2 or the other popular noise suppressors.

If you have a ton of pedals in your FX loop, I would say go for the G-string. I was hesitant, then pleasantly surprised.