My Cort VX-2V came with no jackplate (the shame...), so i got this deal on e-bay for a jackplate for 1$
Do i need to make a hole in the wood before i screw it in? (im asking this becasue ive already seen people putting screws on wood without making a hole, but its wood w/o finish/paint, so...)
If it helps, my guitar is made out of agathis wood (oh, t****... you can say w/e you want, but i like it )
all you will need to do is drill a pilot hole that is smaller than the screw you are going to use then just screw the plate on
Quote by britishsligean
all you will need to do is drill a pilot hole that is smaller than the screw you are going to use then just screw the plate on

could you please tell me how to do so, or maybe link me a tut? thanks
1. mark out where the holes will be.
2. using a low powered drill with a drill bit that is smaller than the screw you will use, an easy of doing this is is by putting the drill bit through the holes in the plate.
3. slowly drill the holes, you only need to go down abit.
4. screw the plate on and put the output jack through the hole and tighten it up
Quote by britishsligean
1. mark out where the holes will be.
2. using a low powered drill with a drill bit that is smaller than the screw you will use, an easy of doing this is is by putting the drill bit through the holes in the plate.
3. slowly drill the holes, you only need to go down abit.
4. screw the plate on and put the output jack through the hole and tighten it up

Alright man, thanks once again
*thumbs up*
yeah, its good seeing someone who doesnt hate agathis, imo i know it isnt the best, but its craploads better than plywood... and basswood (imo)
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen. =d
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster