Right, today I went up Birmingham City centre and brought some Regular Slinky Ernie Ball bass strings from fairdeal. I put the strings on and tuned them no problem, but I noticed that whenever I put my finger on a fret on the A string it creates a sound I can only describe as tiny balls being dropped on each other.

Now this doesn't happen when I hold that note, only when I place my finger there, if you get me. I know you've gotta wear the strings in to get rid of that "Tiny" sound, but iv'e never experienced this problem with other sets of strings in the past.

I tried ignoring it but IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!
Help please?
Quote by jamesbcfc
Right, today I went up Birmingham City centre and brought some Regular Slinky Ernie Ball bass strings from fairdeal. I put the strings on and tuned them no problem, but I noticed that whenever I put my finger on a fret on the A string it creates a sound I can only describe as tiny balls being dropped on each other.

Now this doesn't happen when I hold that note, only when I place my finger there, if you get me. I know you've gotta wear the strings in to get rid of that "Tiny" sound, but iv'e never experienced this problem with other sets of strings in the past.

I tried ignoring it but IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!
Help please?

It's called fret buzz, fender style bass by any chance?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
yeah it is.

Do you know any way i can get rid of it or make it quieter?
It's weird how the other strings dont do it