hi every1
i want to raise the action of my guitar.. already my tremolo is sunk in the body but still action is a bit high.. does that mean i have to tigthen or loosen the neck's truss rod before i higher the tremolo action? thanks!
Quote by amphistheband
hi every1
i want to raise the action of my guitar.. already my tremolo is sunk in the body but still action is a bit high.. does that mean i have to tigthen or loosen the neck's truss rod before i higher the tremolo action? thanks!

Yep, I'm having the same problem. Except I need to get another Pocket Truss Rod Wrench to make adjustments... >_<

EDIT: ALSO, if you changed string gauge recently from the factory set gauge you might have to add an additional two springs to make a total of five, then it will work proper again.
Last edited by XeroDivide at Sep 22, 2009,
the thing im asking is that i want to raise my edge pro's tremolo height, and still have a low action... so now what adjustments to the neck do i have to make? if i raise my tremolo height just like that, then action is too high... in that case do i have to make any adjustments to the neck ? and what ?? thanks a lot!
Firstly, you shouldn't be adjusting the truss rod to change string height or action. The truss rod should be set so that it is just slightly weaker than the string tension. Once you've got it to match the string tension, you shouldn't adjust it any further. Leaving the truss rod too loose for long periods of time can lead to the neck being perminantly warped and tightening the truss rod too much can also warp the neck and even split it in half if you really go too far.

Secondly, I would question what you consider to be 'low' and 'high' action. A lot of people think that 'low' action is lower than it actually is and have unrealistic expectations about how low they can set their strings. Guitars with vibrato bridges in particular are more limited in how low and how high string height can be set. Fret size, neck pocket angle and maximum/minimum pickup height also all effect how high or low the strings can be set.
The string nut also defines your possible action a lot too. A lot of people need their nut changing to a shorter/taller one to achieve the action they want. However of course with some guitars this isn't practical, especially if you have a double-locking vibrato unit like a Floyd (or a similar copy) where the locking nut can't be shaved down.

I would recommend you set the bridge at it's normal height, adjust the trus rod to match the string tension and then measure the difference in height between the top of the 12th fret fretwire and the bottom of the strings. Once you have the guitars et up normally and we have a better idea of what your string height is at the moment, then we can give you a better idea of how you might be able to lower it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
don`t touch the truss rod, you obviously don`t know what you are doing despite reading your ibby manual, you`re better off taking it to a tech.

the proper steps are
get the bridge level
get the intonation set
set the action
then adjust the truss rod if required

ask the tech if you can sit in on the process so you learn something.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
don`t touch the truss rod, you obviously don`t know what you are doing despite reading your ibby manual, you`re better off taking it to a tech.

the proper steps are
get the bridge level
get the intonation set
set the action
then adjust the truss rod if required

ask the tech if you can sit in on the process so you learn something.

haha i wish it was that easy, my friend..
i live in a country where there are no techs, no professional support. last time i took my old RG350 to a "tech" they put acoustic strings in my electric and turned the neck upside-down. i JUST got my new RG2570 for soo much money but now i feel some frets are already buzzing i was so excited when i got it but now..
Quote by ibanezgod1973
yesterday it was a 1570 you were having problems with i n a different thread...

i mustve typed-error.. i only have one 350 and this new 2570 ...