When I alt pick the intro main riff to Rule The World (Kamelot) it's all kind of stop start and I fail tovestablish the proper pace but when I do it with my thumb it works perfectly. Can anyone explain this?
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
you have a problem with string crossing maybe?

If so, make some exercises that focus on it... hope that helps u
With your thumb? You mean down picking? Are you alternate picking the whole thing including the '12-0 13-0' part? If so try galloping and pull of to the 0.

Hope that, helps, although I'm not really sure what you're asking.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
When I alt pick the intro main riff to Rule The World (Kamelot) it's all kind of stop start and I fail tovestablish the proper pace but when I do it with my thumb it works perfectly. Can anyone explain this?

It's simply that you find it easier to use your thumb for it. If you want to improve the alt picking then do this:

Slow it down until you find a speed that you can accurately play the intro, then increase the speed in small increments. Don't increase the speed until you can play it accurately at the speed you've reached.

That ^ is the standard GT or MT reply to this sort of question so I'm sure you already knew what to do.
Quote by Balmazer
With your thumb? You mean down picking? Are you alternate picking the whole thing including the '12-0 13-0' part? If so try galloping and pull of to the 0.

Hope that, helps, although I'm not really sure what you're asking.

I alt pic with my thumb (if that makes any sense) and"12-0 13-0" bit I pull off and then alt pic the open notes.
Quote by craig-sansum

Quote by Sanitarium91
But I wanna work on playing well with a pick because, in honesty, I won't be able to play death or power metal solos with my thumb >.<
Quote by craig-sansum

Quote by Sanitarium91
Thumb, really? I can't up-pick with my thumb, because the string hits the flesh after the nail and is silenced, but then, I don't grow out my thumbnails.

But uh, yeah, standard go slow and increase speed.