I am buying a new guitar for the purpose of metal and I am stuck between 2 at the same price

An Ibanez xiphos
or an LTD EC-1000

I have played the LTD and like it a lot, but the shop near me does not have a xiphos I can try :/

opinions?

thanks
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
6 or 7 string xiphos? if 7 go xiphos, if u want more hardcore cannibal corpse-type vibe, go for the ltd (xiphos are best for technical death metal and melodic death metal) (LTDs are good for real heavy stuff)
Quote by NnjRik
I am buying a new guitar for the purpose of metal and I am stuck between 2 at the same price

An Ibanez xiphos
or an LTD EC-1000

I have played the LTD and like it a lot, but the shop near me does not have a xiphos I can try :/

opinions?

thanks

LTD by far. The shape may not be a problem now, but in the long run, the Xiphos will be a pain in the butt.

The LTD overall is also just a better feel and quality IMO, and I personally think it sounds a little bit more... In your face and heavy, shall I say.
It would be a 6 string for sure, I am looking to do more melodic type stuff. Melodic metalcore, post hardcore and a bit of hardcore. Sort of like Emarosa, Circa Survive, Dance Gavin Dance, Lamb of God, All that Remains just to name a few.
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
The EC.

I played one, and it was like sex.

.....too bad it was 1k...
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by NnjRik
It would be a 6 string for sure, I am looking to do more melodic type stuff. Melodic metalcore, post hardcore and a bit of hardcore. Sort of like Emarosa, Circa Survive, Dance Gavin Dance, Lamb of God, All that Remains just to name a few.

Even though Oli Herbert (All That Remains) plays a Xiphos, you're definitely going to want to get the LTD.

It's overall the better guitar. It just plays and sounds better overall. I think it's actually better overall, IMO
Cool, thanks for the input everyone
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat