Poll: Does your school have a Talent show?
Poll Options
View poll results: Does your school have a Talent show?
No.
26 31%
Yes.
36 42%
Yes, and I participate at it.
23 27%
Voters: 85.
Does your school have a talent show at it? This thread has been done a million times, but I dont think theres been a plain answer.

Me and a Friend are planning on playing a song by Death at ours, and We've picked Voice of the soul for one song, But we Could use another with vocals, And is more metal. We were thinking Symbolic, and we can play it (Solo included) but we could use some more suggestions. Prefferably School friendly lyrics.
Unfortunately, no.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
im planning on getting into mine but i have no clue when it is
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Yea, and the crowd being the rest of the school, you have no chance to finish a song if its not rap.
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
Yes, they do.

I did Jeff Buckley's rendition of "Hallelujah" last year. I was told I did it justice, but I had to cut down several verses due to length.

Thankfully, we DID get in the numerous dance and metal acts(including Eruption).
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
me and some friends played an instrumental version of Room 409 by BFMV in 8th grade. it was f***ing terrible cuz our drummer sucked
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Yeah my high school has one that you have to pay to see lawl.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
yeah, i did it with a drummer who has stage fright and a guitarist who can't tune a guitar.

i was rippin it up, but no one gives a flying fart, after all its just bass
yeah i did my schools talent show. we played Achilles Last Stand (in full, all verses, all riffs. the only school i know of that allows a 10 minute performance at a talent show), which the crowd seemed to love, which is strange for a school that listens mostly to the jonas brothers and chris brown.

this year we're gonna do Stairway... gonna get to give my doubleneck a test run
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Sep 22, 2009,
Yep and I love playing at them I am the only person who plays actual music in it everyone else lipsynchs pop songs.
We're supposed to have one, but we never have enough participants, or people who sign up to go XD

I once did bass with a trio who performed an instrumental version of Johnny B. Goode, I ripped

Thinking of doing an acoustic version of Such Great Heights by Postal Service this year
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Yeah, but contenders are rather lackluster. Last year we got 6 contenders or so, one dancing girl, a beatboxing guy, a band playing a horrible, horrible (yet fairly humorous) rendition of a Norwegian song, a bassist/drummer doing some improvisation, a guy playing a FF-esque piano solo and a guy playing a pretty nice acoustic song he wrote.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

i remember in 8th grade we played in the talent show, song wasnt my idea but it turned out to be good. We posted it on Youtube and it had over 120k views, I dont know what it has know but whatever.

This was 4 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIjPLzzNm-Y
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Fender Stratocaster Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Classic (w/ EMG-81)
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Quote by MushroomBomb
Yeah, but contenders are rather lackluster. Last year we got 6 contenders or so, one dancing girl, a beatboxing guy, a band playing a horrible, horrible (yet fairly humorous) rendition of a Norwegian song, a bassist/drummer doing some improvisation, a guy playing a FF-esque piano solo and a guy playing a pretty nice acoustic song he wrote.

sounds like my school. we're the only band that actually plays. the rest are either rapping or beatboxing, or doing some stupid cultural dance.
Me and my "band" are probably gonna do "You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)" if we get a drummer
A Celebration For The Death Of Man...

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

yes our school does have a talent show, but it is god awful!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by esp1234
What's with most bands play metal at talent shows?

Because most popular genres don't constitute 'talent'.

EDIT: My school does, I never participated though.
Last edited by TEK34 at Sep 22, 2009,
dude, you're gonna loose if you play any form of super hevy metal. I would go up to Megadeth or commercial Metallica if I wanted to have a chance. And well, my schoo doesnt have one I would love to play if there as one. My band would kill every one.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Yes. This year(It's not til April) I'm doing Scarified and Technical Difficulties by Racer X and I'll be playing the song Afterlife by Avenged Sevenfold for my friend who is singing. I always won when I played piano in it, but never guitar. I did place second last year to a beatboxer.(Yeah..) I go to a christian school so if it's "too metal" or whatever then it's like disqualification for being a satanist.
Yeah, I never bother to do anything because I've never had a good band at the time it's come around. I really need to get myself a Post Rock band, or a blues band. Either would be nice as long as they can play their ****ing instruments right
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by esp1234
*Looks at the URL*
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Yes, i've noticed that people playing metal almost always suck at it and complain that people just didn't like the song, when infact they're delirious and can't hear their mistakes. I play classical music like Toccata and Fugue in Dminor - Bach, caprices by Paganini etc.

EDIT: metal is my favourite genre btw, I'm not slagging it off or anything, just the degenerate teens who listen to it to seem brutal and poorly replicate it.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Last edited by metallicafan616 at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by esp1234

because 95% of highschool guitarists are still going through that "metal phase" where nothing is good music unless its got t3h br00talz drop Z t00ningz
no but we have these things called Gator Idol and Gatorpalooza which technically showcase talent but are not talent shows exactly
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Yes, my school does have a yearly talent show in may. I performed in it last year. It's a lot of fun to do. I plan on doing it again this year, too.
Yes, but it's dominated by the hardcore kids. The only break that's been had was a pop-rock band winning.
Quote by Just Andrew
*Looks at the URL*

No metal in there, my friend

Well actually metallica.
Yeh, but it's filled with people who can't sing though there have been some good comedy acts.
Quote by BladeSlinger
If I was 21 I'd buy you a crystal decanter full of 100 year old brandy to commend you.