Two of my friends want me to start teaching them guitar but i'm not sure what to do.

I've been playing guitar for a while but i'm pretty poor at theory. One of my friends says this is fine as he's been playing music since he was 4 and knows a good bit of theory. So the plan was to teach basic chords but he already knows them. However the other guy know's nothing.

So my question is where do i go from there? One of them is into jack johnson so i might start learning so of his stuff to pass on. But other then that i've got no idea.

Also i've already told them that i wont charge for the lessons....and i'd be teaching them both at the same time just to make things easy.
You can only go so far without theory knowledge. It helps to know why you play things, not just being able to play them. The pentatonic scales are a good place to start for beginners with solo practice, reading notes, learning chords, technique practice, etc.
Chords
Teach how to practice (sounds simple but its super important)
Pentatonic Scales
Basic Theory

Then ask them where they want to go from there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't mean to derail the thread or anything, but what do you guys think is a reasonable standard to start giving lessons?
Quote by Fraserwatt

Don't mean to derail the thread or anything, but what do you guys think is a reasonable standard to start giving lessons?

I started teaching seriously (getting paid) after six years of playing and studying
Have the first guy teach the second guy.

Sounds like teaching your wife/GF how to play golf or anything, always turns out to be a disaster.

Let them play/learn together for a while, then you call all play together.