Page 1 of 3
well, it finally has happened - my drummer has gone emo

we're really good friends, and as an optimist, I hate the whole 'depressed' attitude, especially considering there aren't really any problems with his life - no addictions, well off parents, and good schooling + he's clever and a very good drummer!

Also, I'm a little worried he'll start cutting etc.

other than killing him, can anyone suggest a plan of action?
Kill everyone around him.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Cut him before he can cut himself.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by SwampAshSpecial

First off, that's a pretty ignorant assumption to make, and you sound like an asshole of a friend.

Why don't you actually ask him what's wrong, or see if you can help instead of acting like it's a joke?
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Listen to Linkin Park with him. On his bed. At 3 AM. Hugging a pillow. With smudged mascara on your face.
Drummer wanted for my band. No emos or Mexicans.
Call this number ************
----------------------------------------------------------

Write it on a piece of paper, pin it to a guitar shop board or something.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Kevy Absolution
First off, that's a pretty ignorant assumption to make, and you sound like an asshole of a friend.

Why don't you actually ask him what's wrong, or see if you can help instead of acting like it's a joke?

Because emo kids are a joke. It's about attention 99% of the time, and the 1% don't act emo.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by SwampAshSpecial

Leave him alone for a while. He'll die eventually, or he'll stop being emo.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

give him a razor and get a new drummer
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by Kevy Absolution

He never said he is going to start, he said he is worried that he'll start. Hardly an assumption.
You be emo also.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

you realise most emo's dont actually cut themselves they merely dress like it?
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Have sexy sex with them. Full missionary eye contact all the way, sure to make them feel better..... or alot worse.
Llama

On

Llama
Quote by Wulphy
Because emo kids are a joke. It's about attention 99% of the time, and the 1% don't act emo.
I believe you're missing the point.

It's still an ignorant assumption. It's possible he's not actually trying to draw attention to himself, but is legitimately depressed.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
in your face!! I beat you!!

Oooh, you did not just start something
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
shoot him

in the dick of course
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
well, it finally has happened - my drummer has gone emo

we're really good friends, and as an optimist, I hate the whole 'depressed' attitude, especially considering there aren't really any problems with his life - no addictions, well off parents, and good schooling + he's clever and a very good drummer!

Also, define 'going emo'. Is he playing to the image, or is he just more vocal about his problems?
Make him listen something very agressive! Lamb of god, Rotten sound, Vital remains, Disgorge, anything that makes you feel brutal, not emo!

Emos suck!
Quote by Just Andrew

It's still an ignorant assumption. It's possible he's not actually trying to draw attention to himself, but is legitimately depressed.

The vast majority of users on this site are idiots.
Well if he's being a whiny bi tch about everything then just explain that life isn't bad for him. Tell him what being truly depressed with real problems is. Like some people who have true issues in 3rd world countries or something similar. If its just a fashion phase then just smack him and tell him that emo is goth for pussies so yea....
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by Just Andrew

emo is almost always a joke and the person is not depressed, they just want attention

also when did being depressed become wearing makeup and cutting your wrists, it just dont make sense to me
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by bfredder92
Well if he's being a whiny bi tch about everything then just explain that life isn't bad for him. Tell him what being truly depressed with real problems is. Like some people who have true issues in 3rd world countries or something similar. If its just a fashion phase then just smack him and tell him that emo is goth for pussies so yea....

You obviously do not know what depression is. Someone could appear to have everything going right for them and still be clinically depressed. You people are just being insensitive.
Let him be. To be to over bearing and don't ignore him too much. He'll most likely grow out of it. You say he's depressed, but has nothing to be depressed about. Well, first off how do you know he has nothing to be depressed about? Does he dress in black, wear tight pants, etc., or is he just depressed? If it's the former he might just be trying to fit in somewhere. Lastly, he might have (clinical) depression, which is a chemical imbalance in your brain, you don't need a source to be depressed. If he start slitting his wrists (which will most not hurt him), well, he's probably just seeking attention, which you should be giving to him, compliment his drumming and what not. If he starts to wear armbands and other things to hide his wrists indiscreetly try and get him to remove them. If he does ever start cutting himself (wrists) tell him to stop, and that what he's doing is stupid and that if he doesn't stop he might sever a tendon leaving his wrist/hand paralyzed/weakened, which I imagine for a drummer isn't very good.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Quote by Balmazer
Let him be. To be to over bearing and don't ignore him too much. He'll most likely grow out of it. You say he's depressed, but has nothing to be depressed about. Well, first off how do you know he has nothing to be depressed about? Does he dress in black, wear tight pants, etc., or is he just depressed? If it's the former he might just be trying to fit in somewhere. Lastly, he might have (clinical) depression, which is a chemical imbalance in your brain, you don't need a source to be depressed. If he start slitting his wrists (which will most not hurt him), well, he's probably just seeking attention, which you should be giving to him, compliment his drumming and what not. If he starts to wear armbands and other things to hide his wrists indiscreetly try and get him to remove them. If he does ever start cutting himself (wrists) tell him to stop, and that what he's doing is stupid and that if he doesn't stop he might sever a tendon leaving his wrist/hand paralyzed/weakened, which I imagine for a drummer isn't very good.

Arguebly.

But people can be depressed and not be emo, hell emo just seems to be attention seeking for uninteresting people.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Cameronrobson
You obviously do not know what depression is. Someone could appear to have everything going right for them and still be clinically depressed. You people are just being insensitive.

I for one, have had manic depression since I was 13. You don't wear black clothes and make-up when you're depressed, you sit in your room and don't come out for days because the world just doesn't seem worth looking at. The emo "clique" are all pathetic, whiny, wastes of skin.

EDIT: ^ Please shut up, you ignorant piece of garbage. It has been proven so many times over it's not even worth mentioning anymore.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Last edited by Wulphy at Sep 22, 2009,
just act normal around him and try and have a laugh with him, I always think laughing is the best way to solve anything(that's right folks, even wars ("oh you" *canned laughter*))
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Wulphy
I for one, have had manic depression since I was 13. You don't wear black clothes and make-up when you're depressed, you sit in your room and don't come out for days because the world just doesn't seem worth looking at. The emo "clique" are all pathetic, whiny, wastes of skin.

I don't know any emo kids who actually act depressed. They might act " dark " or nihilistic or something of that nature, but from TS's post I think that I can fairly assume that this kid may be depressed.
Quote by Kevy Absolution

+1

Quote by wheatmore
you realise most emo's dont actually cut themselves they merely dress like it?

or is it that you assume everyone that dresses in an emo style cuts themselves, and you've just realized it's nothing more than a fashion?

Quote by Cameronrobson
He could actually be depressed.

OMG!!! THAT'S IT!!! who knew it took 20 posts to figure it out.
I dunno maybe stop letting your hang ups get in the way of what could potentially be very serious stuff your friend is going through? You don't always need particularly strong outside factors to cause depression. Try talking to him and helping him through what could be wrong with him rather than turning to an impersonal forum for advice on how to "fix" him
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Cameronrobson
I don't know any emo kids who actually act depressed. They might act " dark " or nihilistic or something of that nature, but from TS's post I think that I can fairly assume that this kid may be depressed.

There's a large difference between being sad and being depressed.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by SteveHouse
Leave him alone for a while. He'll die eventually, or he'll stop being emo.

dude knows what he's talking about...
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Page 1 of 3