Hey everybody.

I am a pretty experienced player. I have played in numerous bands for a number of years now. With the countless hours of playing, I have to have calluses on my fingers to survive! If one happens to peel I am in for a painful jam session. As of right now, the callus on my index finger is pretty much off, making playing not as comfortable. I usually put my finger under a lighter to toughen the skin, and it usually works for me. I read that SRV used to superglue skin over his torn calluses, which seems pretty cool, but I don't have an extra skin lying around haha.

What does everyone do when there callus comes off to get it back fast? Any original remedies?(Please don't state the obvious solution of continuing to play.)

Thanks.
The first part of your post was like a commercial ad.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

I don't think SRV did that. If I remember correctly he said "It's either something that bothers you or it doesn't, I just get it on with it."... so there you go.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by shattamakar
The first part of your post was like a commercial ad.

And your whole post had nothing to do with the topic.
I always cant help from chewing them off. drive my F'in nuts.
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by Venice King
I don't think SRV did that. If I remember correctly he said "It's either something that bothers you or it doesn't, I just get it on with it."... so there you go.

actually, he reportedly used skin from his ass to do it =p
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by Venice King

My fault, he just super glued the jap between his finger and fingernail.
Quote by failingsociety$
And your whole post had nothing to do with the topic.

Its true..Im sleepy.

But I have callouses too and I just keep playing. The superglue thing sounds silly.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

I don't get them too bad, but when I do, I just play on, they don't bother me that much.. think more about nothing(or whatever you think about when normally playing) that your callouses
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
I don't get them too bad, but when I do, I just play on, they don't bother me that much.. think more about nothing(or whatever you think about when normally playing) that your callouses

I agree its not a big deal, but I was just wondering if anyone had a cool way to prevent it or to fix it is all.
Quote by failingsociety$
Hey everybody.

I am a pretty experienced player. I have played in numerous bands for a number of years now. With the countless hours of playing, I have to have calluses on my fingers to survive! If one happens to peel I am in for a painful jam session. As of right now, the callus on my index finger is pretty much off, making playing not as comfortable. I usually put my finger under a lighter to toughen the skin, and it usually works for me. I read that SRV used to superglue skin over his torn calluses, which seems pretty cool, but I don't have an extra skin lying around haha.

What does everyone do when there callus comes off to get it back fast? Any original remedies?(Please don't state the obvious solution of continuing to play.)

Thanks.

obvious solution is obvious...and the quickest...got mine back in a few days
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Quote by failingsociety$
I agree its not a big deal, but I was just wondering if anyone had a cool way to prevent it or to fix it is all.

Quit playing altogether. Problem solved.
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by Venice King

Actually stevie cut his hand before a gig and did superglue the skin back on but on topic, I usually just continue playing till it hardens again.
Quote by failingsociety$
My fault, he just super glued the jap between his finger and fingernail.

Either way he played with ridiculously heavy strings

But yeah dude mind over matter kinda thing.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
would putting superglue on the tip make it harder?

I would try that

and im not being sarcastic or anything.
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
i dont know how you guys did that, but i never really lost the callus on my fingers. after my very first month of playing, i never felt any pain again when i played the guitar for several hours.

maybe im doing something wrong, who knows
yeah i hear superglue works for cuts and stuff...like that liquid band-aid stuff ( pretty much the same thing)

A friend of mine who plays guitar had sliced his finger open at work...so he used super glue to seal it and it worked
Put some white spirit on your fingertips.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.