They're really running out of band names these days...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I actually had the same opinion until I got to their third song. Forgot the name but it impressed me a little. But yeah, after a quick listen it wasn't bad but nothing seemed too special.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I meant Misery Loves Company.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
are these bands not sick of putting this many breakdowns in their songs yet?

Ohhhh brodawgbro, check out this build up "dun dun" and then..and then, you do that on your guitar, and we'\ll alternate and have it come through different speakers in the recording, cause I don't think that's been done enough. And then people will be like "ohhhhhhhh shit here it commmmesssssssss, lemme stretch my calves for this mosh about to be branged" and then bam! we'll hit 'em with this super heavy shit and they'll be like "WOAH" and we'll be like "YEAH" and then the drummer can blast for 2-4 bar and then once everyone has forgotten about that brutal breakdown (20 seconds later) we can do it again, and they'll be like "OMG WHERE DID THAT COME FROM" and someone wearing a flat brimmed hat with have cum stains all over their pants......

Sorry, not to direct all of that at this band in particular, I just needed to vent.
I don't find anything redeeming in this kind of music anymore...unless there's a lot of keyboard.
Quote by technicolour
are these bands not sick of putting this many breakdowns in their songs yet?

Ohhhh brodawgbro, check out this build up "dun dun" and then..and then, you do that on your guitar, and we'\ll alternate and have it come through different speakers in the recording, cause I don't think that's been done enough. And then people will be like "ohhhhhhhh shit here it commmmesssssssss, lemme stretch my calves for this mosh about to be branged" and then bam! we'll hit 'em with this super heavy shit and they'll be like "WOAH" and we'll be like "YEAH" and then the drummer can blast for 2-4 bar and then once everyone has forgotten about that brutal breakdown (20 seconds later) we can do it again, and they'll be like "OMG WHERE DID THAT COME FROM" and someone wearing a flat brimmed hat with have cum stains all over their pants......

Sorry, not to direct all of that at this band in particular, I just needed to vent.
I don't find anything redeeming in this kind of music anymore...unless there's a lot of keyboard.

Yeah I agree, I just hope this doesn't turn into another ABACABB.
I changed my mind, they're pretty decent.

And technicolour, some bands do manage to integrate breakdowns really well into their songs and make them AWESOME. I don't care if it's done a million times before, the guitar solo's been around way longer and people aren't tired of that yet. If a band is writing a song and there's a part where a heavy breakdown would add a lot to it, then by all means they should put it in. They shouldn't be like, "oh shit, yeah that would sound good but we can't do it because then we'd be generic."

I haven't listened to this band enough to know if their breakdowns are good though. Didn't sound like there were THAT many after a few listens though.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I agree with what both of you guys are saying, I dislike breakdowns cause they are soooo overused but I like them alot too, and if one flows with the song and makes it better than why not put it in there.

And im not really likeing the band, but the drummer has some mean gauges.
sick of this tiring argument.
if you don't like these breakdowns stop listening to them.

EDIT:That pulling teeth song was awesome btw.
Quote by technicolour
Yeah but guitar solos usually consist of more than 3 notes, or chords.
And it's not that I hate breakdowns, as much as I hate "chugs."

for example I love :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUnsHMMUNU&feature=related

(40 seconds ish)

WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OFFFFFFFf
Pulling teeth is infinitely better than this band.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
They're definitely better than ABACABB. Eh, I don't see them becoming my favorite band or anything, but they're okay for some casual listening. I wouldn't pay to see just them live, but if they're at a show with a few other bands I like I wouldn't mind seeing them.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I personally love this song. Donnie Brasco is an awesome song and I think its a cool idea to do an album about Al Pacino. Also, seeing these guys on the 3rd with Death Before Dishonor and Evergreen Terrace!
does their name mean something like standing on top of a burning corpse... wtf? Wouldn't you die then too? This band is silly....

edit: decent band, i guess
I drink your milkshake.
Oh man, out of all the threads to explode in. I apologize for that lol, but my opinion is still the same.
Get your two-step on, bro.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I dig these guys. Guilty pleasure.
"We wanna have fun and we wanna get wasted." - Andrew W.K.

Quote by baltour;39385525
I think devildriver, lamb of god and killswitch are the best black metal probably ever.

Quote by andyq777
the clean vox weren't bad a lot

XBL: Tim The Hero
They actually have sweet two steps. Especially in Donnie Brasco.

Been spinning the album today. It gets a solid 7.5 out of 10 from me. Nothing special, just cool to jam to.
I drink your milkshake.
I ****ing love upon a burning body. new album is so heavy
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
I listened to a bit of the new album. It seems like a big step down from their last album.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Love this band. It may be a little bit generic, sure. But at the same time they rock it so hard.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by synestershadows
I listened to a bit of the new album. It seems like a big step down from their last album.

Thats the first time I've heard this everyone seems to say the opposite, why do you say that?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
It just seems like they're sounding more straight forward and For Today-ish. It's also sorta like most of the album is made up of songs exactly like Intermission, but longer.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
These guys are one of the biggest embarrasments to come out of Texas, but Design the Skyline still tops that. Close Your Eyes are only slightly embarrasing.
^ Thank you.
It's time to stand up, for what you believe Have no fear of your critics Be proud of the life you lead You may be different from your friends but if their true they'll understand
The best part of this thread was the Pulling Teeth video.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
i love the way this band is the only one i have ever come accross to have a nursery rhyme type section in a DM song, a mariachi interlude and punkier sections, ALL IN ONE ALBUM!!! love these guys

Worst name, worst music, and it appears that their album title is a weed reference.

It's like they decided to do all the worst things and put them into a band. They also just headlined the same 850 venue that Converge sold out a few weeks ago. No idea they were that big.
Shotty you're a ten, I wait for your drunk dials at 2:30 AM
Quote by datskramzkid
Worst name, worst music, and it appears that their album title is a weed reference.

It's like they decided to do all the worst things and put them into a band. They also just headlined the same 850 venue that Converge sold out a few weeks ago. No idea they were that big.

Haha, the album title is a reference to their Mexican heritage. And they definitely aren't that big, no way their show was even close to selling out.
They're pretty big in Texas since they're from here. Kids here love them, and I just don't get it.
It's time to stand up, for what you believe Have no fear of your critics Be proud of the life you lead You may be different from your friends but if their true they'll understand
As a fan of genericore, I can see why this is going to explode.
It's got bits of the standard Whitechapel/Suicide Silence "heavyheavy" deathcore slam, mixed with the "accessible metal" traits that the nu-metalcore scene loves so much (gang chants, gimmick song titles, some kind of "pride" [Heafy has his Japanese heritage love, UABB has their Mexican] that gets flaunted at every chance, melodeath riffs, acoustic interludes, etc).

I've been really digging the new album, but in the same way that I enjoy Disturbed, or Emmure. I know it's really stupid, I just find it fun. They're totally going to help bridge that bizarre gap that Sumerian has had between their roots (ie: The Faceless, BoO, Circle of Contempt, Structures, etc the "heavy" stuff) and the stuff they've been signing for the cash benefit (Asking Alexandria, I See Stars, etc the trendy melocore that 14 year old girls cream themselves over).

Brackets are awesome.