So a little while ago my friend gave me half of a five dollar bill... Unsure of what to do with it I just kept it in my wallet

But today I went to the bank to see if I could get real money from it and sure enough they gave me $2.50!!!

I thought about giving the half bill to a cab driver and then just bailing out... but that never happened

share some similar stories you might have had
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Wait...WHAT?

You got 2.5 dollars back?
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

that is awesome!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

wow, youre bank just ripped you off.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I thought you needed the majority of the bill to cash it?

Not that a teller could be know if a bill were to be torn exactly at 50, as opposed to 51%, but still...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Hahaha, the bill doesn't lose value because it's ripped in half. Gold represents the bills. Just because the bill is ripped in half, it doesn't mean the gold loses its value.

Money fail, ftl.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
I once masturbated over a dying swan while dressed in a clown suit and singing "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"

Wait what were we talking about?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by archangels666
Either you're making shit up or your bank is retarded.

i say option #2
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by brandon369852
Hahaha, the bill doesn't lose value because it's ripped in half. Gold represents the bills. Just because the bill is ripped in half, it doesn't mean the gold loses its value.

Money fail, ftl.

that doesnt work anymore, since people started loaning out money that doesnt exist
your lying...you would have got full crerdit because all they need is the serial number on the bill to get reimbursed...

you sir have failed
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Quote by Ikey
that doesnt work anymore, since people started loaning out money that doesnt exist

And by people, you mean the government...?
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by williamdllr
your lying...you would have got full crerdit because all they need is the serial number on the bill to get reimbursed...

you sir have failed

good work! you go ahead and tear him a new one!
I was dissapointed when they gave me 2.50. Cause I was told I could get the full 5 back

edit: I didnt' bother asking questions... I took whatever I could get

and to the dude under me... I'm in Canadia so you also fail (unless you weren't talking about my case)
sim simma

Last edited by MangoStarr at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by brandon369852

Money fail, ftl.

YOU fail because US money isn't backed by gold anymore.

edit: muahahaha!!!!
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Last edited by Vandals572 at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by brandon369852

Money fail, ftl.

Money fail is right. The gold standard isn't used anymore.

AÆdit: Damn!
bitches dont know about my fiat currency.
Quote by brandon369852

Money fail, ftl.

The fiscal strain of federal costs for the Vietnam War, led President Richard Nixon to get rid of the the fixed gold price in 1971, causing the gold standard to become obsolete.

Monetary and Historical fail, ftl.
I'm a real cool kid.
Quote by everyone
gold=/=money

Well, then this money needs to gtfo.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
Well, then this money needs to gtfo.

Yeah, our money is pretty much just pieces of paper. Actually, that's the entirety of it. It represents imaginary value, not gold.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Yeah, our money is pretty much just pieces of paper. Actually, that's the entirety of it. It represents imaginary value, not gold.

Then I'll be damned not to make counterfeit monies.
Follow me on Twitter
Canadian money has so many security things on it.. unlike US money.. it's pretty ridiculous
sim simma

*facepalm* I thought it was common knowledge that since a bill has 2 serial numbers if you have a bill with only 1 # it's considered half the value by the government.
i returned about half ( a bit more) of a bill and got the full value.
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view