does size really matter boys? I prefer PRS guitars, but if they're going to handicap me (more than I am now, lol) is there a different guitar I should look for?
Wants: PRS Starla
Size doesn't matter when it comes to guitars, it's all about comfort. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way for your "wee willy."
Quote by JELIFISH19
Size doesn't matter when it comes to guitars, it's all about comfort. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way for your "wee willy."

LOL...you got that right man! Thanks for the reply!
the spec sheet on the prs website says the starla is "wide flat" which isn`t going to suit small hands despite it being 24 3/4" scale length which does suit smaller hands, you need a small radius neck for the best comfort (230mmr is the smallest radius i`ve heard of)
try it and u'll be able to tell.... i have small hands and i play a B.C. Rich mockingbird...
Hand size shouldn't hold you back or prevent you from playing comfortably on a larger neck.
PRS don't have particularly thick necks in the first place, so you should be fine.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
the spec sheet on the prs website says the starla is "wide flat" which isn`t going to suit small hands despite it being 24 3/4" scale length which does suit smaller hands, you need a small radius neck for the best comfort (230mmr is the smallest radius i`ve heard of)

Any recommendations?
Go play one.
The "wide flat" shouldn't be all that chunky, unless he meant 'wide fat.'
Small hands and small fingers are no problem whatsoever, my fingers are only about 1/4 inch longer than most girls, and I've played fine on my friends 8 string Agile, and that has a huge neck. I even had my thumb over the top.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by ibanezgod1973

How does scale length affect the facility of use with smaller hands?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Shorter scale length means less stretching for notes. It can be a factor for some people.
Quote by JELIFISH19

haha, but seriously i agree with jelifish whatever pleases you the most
Quote by Roc8995
Shorter scale length means less stretching for notes. It can be a factor for some people.

But 3/4 of an inch won't make that much of a difference, would it? (If we're only considering six strings, non-baritone)

I have basically square palms with quite short/stumpy fingers and playing with my 8 (28" scale) isn't much more difficult than with my sixes.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Well, Mosrite and Hallmark guitars are an option. I'm not sure about all of Hallmark's models but their Mosrite style guitars have small necks.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by no.mop
But 3/4 of an inch won't make that much of a difference, would it? (If we're only considering six strings, non-baritone)

Sure it does. It's probably not a factor when buying guitars for most people, but it is noticeable and some people are very particular about scale.
Personally, anything under 25.5" feels extremely cramped above the 15th fret. It is more difficult to play on the lower frets, but I can compensate for extra space by moving my hand. I can't really do anything about a lack of space.
Colin is right that`s what i was getting at in terms of scale length, i`m not a fan of prs guitars so don`t know alot about them, other than if a person has a question about specific guitars i open a new tab and check the manufacturers website. and then apply my own knowledge.
Make sure you use a strap and try it out standing up.
I have little fingers for a guy. If I stick a ruler between my index and middle finger, my index finger is 2-3/4" long and my middle finger is 3-1/4".
I bought a 72 tele deluxe and it played fine in the store sitting down but when I tried it at home standing up, I found it to be extremely uncomfortable, almost painful so I brought it back.
I have also had problems playing some of the flatter radius thin necks, my thumb would hurt like a bastard after about 1/2 an hour of playing.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by GOLDIE93
Make sure you use a strap and try it out standing up.
I have little fingers for a guy. If I stick a ruler between my index and middle finger, my index finger is 2-3/4" long and my middle finger is 3-1/4".
I bought a 72 tele deluxe and it played fine in the store sitting down but when I tried it at home standing up, I found it to be extremely uncomfortable, almost painful so I brought it back.
I have also had problems playing some of the flatter radius thin necks, my thumb would hurt like a bastard after about 1/2 an hour of playing.

ive found it to be uncomfortable above the 15th fret. but i am fairly new to the guitar world (a little over a year). but i just figured that it was just me being foreign. when i first started standing at all felt akward. it all just takes getting used to i always assumed.
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
ive found it to be uncomfortable above the 15th fret. but i am fairly new to the guitar world (a little over a year). but i just figured that it was just me being foreign. when i first started standing at all felt akward. it all just takes getting used to i always assumed.

It does.

I different neck shapes take a while of getting used to, it usually takes me about 15 mins to adjust to the neck, and standing up, I need to fiddle the strap to get it to the right height.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Hmmmm, so I guess its all about how much I can adapt. I will have to "test drive" and find out. Thanks all...for all the help!