So im jamming with these heavy metal/thrash guys and we are gonna start with covers. Im good for megadeth/metallica/slayer etc, but they say they are into bullet for my valentine and trivium and ive not heard a lot of their stuff.

What would be the best songs to cover from them?
Trivium have some great songs for covering, especially with there dual guitar harmonies and solos. try 'entrance of the conflagration', 'anthem (we are the fire)', and 'pull harder on the strings of your martyr.'

BFMV are similar in that way to. there is 'Hand of Blood', 'tears don't fall', and 'scream aim fire' to name a few.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Sep 22, 2009,
Stick with what you're good for. My band couldn't convince me to play bullet for my valentine or trivium crap. Try to convince them how much better classic Megadeth is. Or at least play some lamb of god or something.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
Quote by wildwildwes594
Stick with what you're good for. My band couldn't convince me to play bullet for my valentine or trivium crap. Try to convince them how much better classic Megadeth is. Or at least play some lamb of god or something.

yeah they dont like megadeth i dunno why
Quote by wildwildwes594

What they should do is do an even split: some of theirs, some of his. So play some megadeth aswell as trivium etc.

And for trivium, pull harder/gunshot/dying in are great from ascendancy, entrance is great from the crusade, and insurrection is brilliant from shogun.

from bullet, i would do hand of blood, tears dont fall, suffocating, or waking the demon
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Play Girls Aloud stuff and dance.

EDIT: If it turns out to be hot- PM me.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by lucertia.
So im jamming with these heavy metal/thrash guys...

...but they say they are into bullet for my valentine and trivium?

Wat?
What's not to like? Its what influenced those bands. Show them Five Magics or Peace Sells or anything from their first 5 albums.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by wildwildwes594 at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by lucertia.
yeah they dont like megadeth i dunno why

Because they're jealous that Dave is so awesome, he can be ginger AND cool at the same time.
Quote by MightyAl
Because they're jealous that Dave is so awesome, he can be ginger AND cool at the same time.

No he can't, don't be silly
Quote by wildwildwes594
What's not to like? Its what influenced those bands. Show them Five Magics of Peace Sells or anything from their first 5 albums.

I prefer Take No Prisoners and Poison Was the Cure. Poison is fun to play.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Cover Distuuuurbed!

Might be too heavy for their liking.
Goodness gracious me!
Never gonna give you up
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by Bizarro
Might be too heavy for their liking.

True. The new album is really brutal.
cover Meshuggah, in specific Contatenation or New Millenium Cyanide Christ. not very hard songs, but ****ing hardcore.
Quote by CoreysMonster
cover Meshuggah, in specific Contatenation or New Millenium Cyanide Christ. not very hard songs, but ****ing hardcore.

na i prefer destroy erase era 'shuggah
cover some megadeth.

now, i need to ask a question, why is it that EVERY-FUCKING-ONE plays metal. its ALLLLLLLWAYS metal. always
for BFMV, I think Hand of Blood and Tears Don't Fall would be good picks.

still can't see why they wouldn't want to play Megadeth...I mean, Holy Wars? Symphony of Destruction? Youthanasia? and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
play some from both your musical tastes.
Quote by BladeSlinger
If I was 21 I'd buy you a crystal decanter full of 100 year old brandy to commend you.
Well, if your into thrash, and they are into metalcore, then compromise.

Listen to "Like Light to Flies" By Trivium. It's one of their more thrashy songs, it doesn't have a "soft" part, and the solo and dual guitar parts are phenominal.

Then, make them cover some 'Deth. Maybe try one of the more melodic songs like
"In My Darkest Hour" to get them turned on and then eventually they may go for some Peace, Tornado, Wars, or even some Skin o My Teeth type stuff.
Last edited by bitterend85 at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
cover some megadeth.

now, i need to ask a question, why is it that EVERY-FUCKING-ONE plays metal. its ALLLLLLLWAYS metal. always

I play funk as well, you be wrong son.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
cover some megadeth.

Not that you like me or anything but I hate metal and don't play it, Knopfler ftw? Yes I think so.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by Venice King
Not that you like me or anything but I hate metal and don't play it, Knopfler ftw? Yes I think so.

dire straits is my favorite band ever
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
cover some megadeth.

Nobody around here plays Metal. You're lucky if you hear a band that isn't trying to be the next quirky pop-punk band.
Quote by andyscoot
Nobody around here plays Metal. You're lucky if you hear a band that isn't trying to be the next quirky pop-punk band.

i mean in the Pit
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
i mean in the Pit

Ah

It's more popular than you think, especially when it's so easy to get a niche audience together.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

dire straits is my favorite band ever

I'd sig all those smilies but it would only make both us seem gay...
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
for BFMV, I think Hand of Blood and Tears Don't Fall would be good picks.

still can't see why they wouldn't want to play Megadeth...I mean, Holy Wars? Symphony of Destruction? Youthanasia? and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

yeah i think megadeth are the best metal band ever (besides prog metal bands)