Hello Guitar-Geeks,

Tomorrow I am going to the biggest shop near me and I am going to buy a new amp. Currently I have a Fender FM212R which sucks.

I am doubting between a Blackstar HT-5 and a Bugera (not sure what type yet, 6262 or 333xl)

The thing is, they are two totally different Amps, one is 5Watts and the other 120. I won't ever need 120 Watts, but a lot of Watts is nice for gigs. For the Bugera I won't need any pedals in the upcoming time. The Blackstar will need a reverb and distortion pedal.

BUT, the Bugera is FAR from mobile, which sucks at band practise or gigs. The Blackstar on the other side, is very little and light.

I am afraid that the Bugera will be too loud for home use, but I am afraid the Blackstar won't be loud enough for gigs.

My feeling says Bugera, tomorrow I am going to try them out but I would like to have your supporting opinion too!

I also looked at the Peavey ValveKing 50 watts because I think that wattage is perfect, but the HT-5 and Bugera have probably much better sound quality.

I mostly play Metal (Metallica style) but I want decent cleans too.

Really appreciated!!!

By the way: Today I tried the HT-5 and that proved that a Fender FM REALLY sucks HARD!!!!!!, REALLY! unbelievable how much difference there is. I did not expect a quater of the difference it is.
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Fender Deluxe Reverb '65 RI
Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Historic RI '05
Fender American Vintage '52 RI Telecaster '02
Fender American Vintage '62 RI Stratocaster '07
Last edited by RMB at Sep 22, 2009,
Well it seems like a no brainer to go for the bugera, it has better wattage, you won't need pedals, and just bear with the FM for small band practices. I've heard that 1 watt of tube is equal to 3 watts of solid state, so it's pretty much as loud. Try and see if you can the bugera with less wattage.
but would micing the blackstar get enough volume for a big event?? not like a stadium or watever, but not the smallest place either
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by RMB
Hello Guitar-Geeks,
Werd.

Quote by RMB
Tomorrow I am going to the biggest shop near me and I am going to buy a new amp. Currently I have a Fender FM212R which sucks.
Double werd.

Quote by RMB
I am doubting between a Blackstar HT-5 and a Bugera (not sure what type yet, 6262 or 333xl)
Alright.

Quote by RMB
The thing is, they are two totally different Amps, one is 5Watts and the other 120. I won't ever need 120 Watts, but a lot of Watts is nice for gigs. For the Bugera I won't need any pedals in the upcoming time. The Blackstar will need a reverb and distortion pedal.
The reverb on the Bugera sucks (have played) so you'll probably want a pedal anyway.

Quote by RMB
BUT, the Bugera is FAR from mobile, which sucks at band practise or gigs. The Blackstar on the other side, is very little and light.
Start working out. I'm going to assume you're talking about combos in this thread and neither the HT-5 or either of the Bugera's are too heavy to lug around a bit.

Quote by RMB
I am afraid that the Bugera will be too loud for home use, but I am afraid the Blackstar won't be loud enough for gigs.
Attenuator for one amp, microphone for the other.

Quote by RMB
My feeling says Bugera, tomorrow I am going to try them out but I would like to have your supporting opinion too!
Tis what we post for.

Quote by RMB
I also looked at the Peavey ValveKing 50 watts because I think that wattage is perfect, but the HT-5 and Bugera have probably much better sound quality.
I'm a former VK112 owner - they suck hard.

Quote by RMB
I mostly play Metal (Metallica style) but I want decent cleans too.
The HT-5 has good cleans and can cover Metallica easily.

Quote by RMB
By the way: Today I tried the HT-5 and that proved that a Fender FM REALLY sucks HARD!!!!!!, REALLY! unbelievable how much difference there is. I did not expect a quater of the difference it is.
That's how I felt when I got my HT-5.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Never worry about being not loud enough for gigs.. They'll have a PA and mics to help you out..

Also, Bugera's have improved vastly over their old unreliable builds..

I haven't helped at all have I?
Well actually you've all helped a bit thanks for the comments so far.
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
I've got A LOT to test tomorrow

HT-5, Bugera 6262, Different kinds of EMGs and Duncans, haha :P I am looking forward!!
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
I wouldn't even bother with the HT-5 if you ever plan on gigging, seriously. Get the 6262, high power tube amps still sound alright at low volumes; you could get a ht-5 later on down the line if you really wanted but a 6262 will cover all bases now right off the bat, where as a ht-5 won't.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
when i played the ht5 i was thoroughly disappointed by the lack bass, i'm yet to try any bugeras though

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
How about the Blackheart BH15? It's louder that the HT-5, great amp.

You'll need a pedal for heavy stuff though.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by soloXshredder
but would micing the blackstar get enough volume for a big event?? not like a stadium or watever, but not the smallest place either

yes it would. Most venues mic up guitarists these days
Thanks for all the advices!!

I went to the shop, tried all out for two hours, and came home with a Bugera 333XL

It OWNS!!! I didn't like the HT-5 compared to the Bugera because of the lack of powerful bass.

I prefered the 333XL over the 6262 because the cleans are WAY better!

Thank you fellas!

NAD will come
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW