Sorry for the long wait guys. I have been ridiculously busy with work lately (anyone in the military knows how that is). but i finally found some time to do the video that i wanted to originally do. sorry, i didn't have my Maxon OD9 in the video tho; i wasn't able to get it back from my drummer's house in time for this video. definitely next time tho. it makes a huge difference. let me know what you think!!!

-Steve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKsZQOaVutw
My Band: Throat Hammer (Blackened Thrash)

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

Blackstar HT100 & 4-12-Fulltone O.C.D./AMT P1-Jackson RR24RM (EMG 81 in bridge)-Ibanez RG321/SD Blackouts
Is it going to process in HQ? It would definitely be worth waiting an hour or two to hear that.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Is it going to process in HQ? It would definitely be worth waiting an hour or two to hear that.

i sure hope so. it just uploaded like 20 min ago.

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

Blackstar HT100 & 4-12-Fulltone O.C.D./AMT P1-Jackson RR24RM (EMG 81 in bridge)-Ibanez RG321/SD Blackouts
in the meantime, go to my profile and check out some of the stuff i've been writing lately. you won't be disappointed (hopefully)

-Steve

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

I remember this, haha. No Youtube at work, but I'll check it out tonight. You caught so much **** for making a thread about this with no video, haha, good times.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
I remember this, haha. No Youtube at work, but I'll check it out tonight. You caught so much **** for making a thread about this with no video, haha, good times.

I know, right? I wanted to make sure I did it right when I did do it. I borrowed this vid camera because mine takes full HD video, but it can't handle loud volumes. My friend's camera was the opposite. I really wish I would have had my Maxon OD9 tho, that thing makes all the difference in the world. I think most would agree too.

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

sounds like it sounds nice in the room but the camera is clipping alot, which makes it annoying to watch the clip
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Quote by eyebanez333
Very nice! Stereo rigs FTW

Thanks a lot. When I mic this thing up with protools, ill probably run each amp thru its own cab. Bogner thru a XXX cab and Bugera thru its cab. I'm gonna use an e609, SM57 and condenser to record with.

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

Wow that Alchemist is absolute creamage! Even with the camera audio which is never going to be awesome it still sounded awesome

I personally preferred the Bogner on it's own versus running in stereo :\
Finally!!!

I has no headphones though... thus I can't watch it right now
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by 21Fretter
Wow that Alchemist is absolute creamage! Even with the camera audio which is never going to be awesome it still sounded awesome

I personally preferred the Bogner on it's own versus running in stereo :\

I think a rig like this needs a lot of tweeking before its truly 'dialed in'. After hearing it, I may have rolled off a tad too much bass on the Bugera. To me, both the amps sound awesome in their own right. I do agree tho, the Bogner sounds really sweet in this vid but after I get my KT77/ECC83S retube done on the 333, it should really come together. That and when I get my OD9 back...

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

the Bogner sounded awesome.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Well its ABOOT damn time!!!

nice buddy, glad you finally pulled it together
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by mikeyElite
the Bogner sounded awesome.

Thanks. I don't know if its just the way I set up my amp or the way I play but u don't see too many ppl doing the heavy thing with the Alchemist. I would like to show people that this amp can pretty much do anything and everything.

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

how high was the volume in that video?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
how high was the volume in that video?

I'd say nearly gig volume. Both these amps simultaneously get real loud real quick so neither one of them were really cranked at all

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

nice man! congratulations, you have 2 great amps

whats the song you're playing?

edit> if you guys wanna see this video in a higher quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKsZQOaVutw&fmt=6
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
Last edited by GuitarUser at Sep 24, 2009,
Quote by GuitarUser
nice man! congratulations, you have 2 great amps

whats the song you're playing?

At first just some random riffing then I broke into 'Still I Rise' from shadows fall's new album Redemption. Great song and Jon Donais' tone has never been better.

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

Finally got to listen. I'm actually impressed you got that Bogner to sound that heavy, it sounded heavier than the 333XL

The one I tried at GC didn't have the voicing or saturation for modern metal... but in your clip it certainly does. Hmm... the cleans on that thing were ridiculous though
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Woah nice dude.
I was thinking of doing the same thing with my amps as my cab is stereo as well. I just need a A/B/Y box of some sort.
Woot! New Zealand...
Quote by MatrixClaw
Finally got to listen. I'm actually impressed you got that Bogner to sound that heavy, it sounded heavier than the 333XL

The one I tried at GC didn't have the voicing or saturation for modern metal... but in your clip it certainly does. Hmm... the cleans on that thing were ridiculous though

+1

Bogner sounded great... Wasnt to much of a fan of the Bugera or the mix though.

Also +1 for the new Shadows Fall album
Camera makes it worse, but great video anyway. You can hear how it really sounds behind the buzz from the camera mic.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by MatrixClaw

Its gotta be a combination of how I play and that guitar (ibanez Artist w/Seymour Duncan JB). You gotta really take ur time setting this amp up to get the tone u want. The cleans with the built in delay and reverb sounds amazing

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

im curious as to how many people run a similar setup like this?

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

Quote by rugbyguitargod
Its gotta be a combination of how I play and that guitar (ibanez Artist w/Seymour Duncan JB). You gotta really take ur time setting this amp up to get the tone u want. The cleans with the built in delay and reverb sounds amazing

I dunno, I used a Gibson Les Paul Classic through it as well as a Music Man Axis Super Sport, and I couldn't get it to sound nearly as heavy, with that much gain it was just complete mud

I used to run my JCM800 and H&K Warp X in stereo. I could with the 6100 and Vetta now, but I dunno if it'd be worth the trouble since I'd basically be running 3 amps.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

100% to everyword of this. The alchemist i tried at the store got to like megadeth borderline killswitch( if i picked stronger).

Awesome sound TS. you are making want to run my jsx and mark IV in stereo
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by rugbyguitargod
im curious as to how many people run a similar setup like this?

I run my XXX and B-52 in stereo through my Mesa 412 cab...

Used to run the Windsor and XXX in stereo before that.
Quote by rugbyguitargod
I'd say nearly gig volume. Both these amps simultaneously get real loud real quick so neither one of them were really cranked at all
You can tell. Your voice is incredibly quiet, while everything else is clipping and distorting.

The Bogner, once again, kicked ass. I don't know why so many people don't like it.

Thank you.
Thanks for all of the complements and constructive comments everyone. I was actually suprised how heavy the bogner was in the vid too. I'm not sure if it matters but I'm using some pretty serious speaker cables on both amps. I am at Ft. Irwin, CA rite now training all month but when I get back ill make sure I have my OD9. I mainly just use the OD9 to brighten my sound a bit, boost the front end and use a slight amount of overdrive which really helps tighten up the looseness of the Bogner.

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

Jesus, that's BEASTLY!

I think I now have a new goal; playing some amps in stereo.

Too bad I don't have either of those amps to test it out. All I've got is my randall.
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
Quote by WinterSteel
Jesus, that's BEASTLY!

I think I now have a new goal; playing some amps in stereo.

Too bad I don't have either of those amps to test it out. All I've got is my randall.

Haha right on dude, that's kinda what I was going for .

I originally got the idea from the guitarist from a band out of richmond, Va called St. Diablo. He's the only guitarist so when they played live, he'd run a Marshall Mode Four and a Dual Recto each thru a 1960A cab. He did it to compensate for not having another guitarist. Tony Rombola from godsmack did the same thing on the album 'Awake' except he used 2 dual rectos that had different tone settings.

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER