I put my Epiphone Les Paul Studio on kijiji and a guy wants to trade a Ibanez RG470 for it, I've done research and I found my guitar used usually goes for like $300-$350, and people have picked up RG470's for like $150 used.

I would still rather have your guys' opinions, though.

Thanks.
^What this guy said. Try before you buy should be something to consider
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by nickdohle
Id keep the paul. But thats my opinion

Yea but I hate it, I can't stand the neck any longer (too thick), it's not even my main guitar, I've upgraded so I don't really need it anymore, and I've been wanting a guitar with a FR for a long time now.
dont do it you'll lose money. if you want a FR for a long time just sell your epi and buy thr rg470 and save the remainder. Or buy something better than a rg470 theres such better things
i personally would go for trade because i also hate les paul necks, but it depends on your style. rg would be more for shredding and metal, while les pauls are better for chords and classic rocks. IMHO, i think you should go for the rg because you can play the same stuff and more
Well he said he changed the bridge and neck pups, and he left the middle one stock. Plus I could always buy an original FR, I don't have to keep the Edge III.

Also I've been into Paul Gilbert and Steve Vai alot lately.
or even better would be as diftwood said to just sell the les paul and buy something better
Quote by mzar54
or even better would be as diftwood said to just sell the les paul and buy something better

yeh, im not sure if the rg470 and the epi are worth as much as you say but if it is then your trading for something of less value...
its like trading gold for silver ... you can always sell the gold and buy silver + whatever else drugs,girls,food..idk what your into
check out the ibanez rg350dx, its only $399.99, and ive heard from many people including friends that it is basically a cheaper version of steve vai's signature Jem 7V.
Ive also tried both and theyre basically the same thing
He just e-mailed me and he said the middle pickup is stock, but the bridge and neck are Steve Vai Dimarzio Evo 2's...
Last edited by bloogers at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by bloogers
Does that info change anyones opinion on the matter?

evos are good but i still say sell.

Quote by mzar54
check out the ibanez rg350dx, its only $399.99, and ive heard from many people including friends that it is basically a cheaper version of steve vai's signature Jem 7V.
Ive also tried both and theyre basically the same thing

no a better,cheaper comparision to the jem is a rg550. the rg350dx doesnt even come close.