Page 1 of 2
It's called the Ganzfeld effect read about it here...

http://www.cracked.com/article/127_5-ways-to-hack-your-brain-into-awesomeness/

It’s basically a cheap and legal way to hallucinate in the safety of your own home. All you need are ping pong balls, a cheap walkman with built in radio and a lamp.

This is good for me because I’m not game to try any hard drugs and I have a natural immunity to weed (seriously).

Anyone else wanna try it?

EDIT: Did it for half an hour. At first you’re just lying on your back all you can see is bright orange (orange balls). Then after five minutes or so it goes dark, as if your eyes were closed only there wide open.

Then these violent purple flashes started appearing, like I was at a rave. I also saw what looked like black silhouettes of palm trees during the flashes. I was expecting to see some sh*t so I wasn’t surprised.

What did surprise me is when through all the static noise I heard wind, the sound of strong wind blowing in my ears. I didn’t know how it happened, but it sounded like I was standing outside on a windy day.

My alarm then went of signalling it had been 30 mins. All in all I was quite disappointed, I mean it was pretty cool when I started hearing wind coming through my headphones, that a bit of a shock. But I wasn’t swimming with mermaids fighting unicorns like the article promised. Try it if you want, but it’s a pretty weak expirence.
Last edited by GoldenBlues at Sep 22, 2009,
I was tempted when I read it. If anyone tries it and it works I will.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Uhhhm...Could be cool?

I would just take some acid...
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
AnalogMan modified TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
Boss Compression sustainer
Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter Wah
Quote by Jaymz_515
I was tempted when I read it. If anyone tries it and it works I will.

I’ve got a long list of sh*t to do today, but I'll post back in a few hours and tell you what happened.
Is there a method that doesn't make you look a twat with half pingpong balls taped to your face?
Quote by GoldenBlues
I’ve got a long list of sh*t to do today, but I'll post back in a few hours and tell you what happened.

Sweet!

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by JackalUK
Is there a method that doesn't make you look a twat with half pingpong balls taped to your face?

It's the next big thing. You'll see.

Edit: Or, rather, you won't.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
I might try it one day. not tonight, i gots things to do.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Ha, this could get interesting
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
That sounds stupid if you have to sit there and do nothing.

Real LSD is way better.

Yeah if you want to be driving down the highway thinking you’re riding a camel through the Sahara. (Didn’t happen to me, but it’s a true story).
Quote by woodenbandman
Thug dread.

There's no drugs involoved in the process, that's the point.
You can making love to space zombies for a few hours then go to work completely sober.

EDIT: I've got pizza and chips in the oven (healthy breakfast FTW). After that I'll go buy some supplies and try it.
Last edited by GoldenBlues at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by GoldenBlues
Yeah if you want to be driving down the highway thinking you’re riding a camel through the Sahara. (Didn’t happen to me, but it’s a true story).

Must of them are.

Y'know, what would be the point of someone telling you a totally fake story about LSD and then saying, "nah, that was just bullshit." ?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I wanna talk to some ducks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3s9nGMfgr8
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
It's interesting. I however don't entirely trust the ping-pong ball effect as usually ping-pong balls are filled with gas.

Don't know what kind of gas or what kind of effects it gives, but I have heard that inhaling this gas will give a similar effect to huffing paint. It certainly smells like paint when it's exposed to the nose.
The sleeping one is pretty stupid.

Why sleep in intervals, lethargic and tired and all, instead of just getting a full 8+ hour sleep?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Just Andrew

Why sleep in intervals, lethargic and tired and all, instead of just getting a full 8+ hour sleep?

I only sleep 5 hours.
Utah's Token Black Guy
Quote by Just Andrew

Who knows, it could work.

Actually, I have no clue, I just wanted to respond to tell you your sig made me laugh.
Quote by raincoffin

Don't know what kind of gas or what kind of effects it gives, but I have heard that inhaling this gas will give a similar effect to huffing paint. It certainly smells like paint when it's exposed to the nose.

Yeah, one time I got put up to snorting pingpong ball gas and I got really dizzy and threw up. It's not a smart idea.
love is love // return to dust
Quote by codyadamscea
I only sleep 5 hours.
Yeah, so do I, but 8+ is the "recommended" dose.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
man i wish i could dream whatever i wanted to dream - nothing wroks for me
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bendystraw
LSD = Hard drugs? Wrong again.

Screws with your mental processes that much and you call it soft?
Quote by raincoffin

Yes. It's a soft drug. Or at least not a hard drug, and by definition.

A hard drug is any drug that is physically addictive, severely psychologically addictive, poses serious health risks including death, is easy to overdose on and has a low therapeutic index.

LSD has none of these attributes.
Evolution 101

Get down Moses - part another sea,
Carve another tablet out of L.S.D.
Quote by raincoffin

^ What He said, plus most drugs alter with your mental process, weed does, alcohol does, that's why people do them.
Looking for a ping pong ball I'll report back with results in like 3 minutes or however long this takes.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by Just Andrew
Yeah, so do I, but 8+ is the "recommended" dose.

When I sleep longer than 7 hours I feel really tired the next day. But I know a guy who sleeps 12-13 hours a night.
Utah's Token Black Guy
Quote by codyadamscea
When I sleep longer than 7 hours I feel really tired the next day. But I know a guy who sleeps 12-13 hours a night.

I don't feel entirely rested unless I get at least 11 hours of sleep.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Page 1 of 2