1 2%
The Sopranos
21 39%
The Shield
1 2%
Other
31 57%
Voters: 54.
For the next 12 weeks or so, I have to go on a medical placement in the arm pit of Northern Ireland so I need to be entertained. Which box set should I get? Suggestions are most definitely welcome!

I am a big fan of The Wire (got all the seasons) if that is any help and at the moment, the West Wing is the cheapest (£50), The Sopranos is £70 while the Shield clocks in at £100.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
soprano's

edit: holy **** may 2002- royalty
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Last edited by wheatmore at Sep 22, 2009,
Backseat Bangers

Backstage Bitches

those are fairly good.

Scrubs! Monty Python! Family Guy!
Last edited by JackalUK at Sep 22, 2009,
Sopranos fer sure

Curb your Enthusiasm Is also terrific.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Deadwood, X-files, LOST, and Oz are all amazing shows.

X-files might bore you though because only like 1 in every 5 episodes is part of the continuous storyline, the rest are just random investigations by the characters and they get kind of repetitive. The storyline is incredible though, and just as long as any other show, if not longer (9 seasons with about 8 storyline eps each). I just don't think it is worth spending the money for all the other episodes too.

Deadwood never had an ending because it got cancelled prematurely, but the 3 seasons that exist are spectacular.

LOST seasons 1-4 are on DVD, season 5 has aired but not been released on DVD, and the final season (6) will air in early 2010.

I've only watched 1 season of Oz so far, but it is great.

I use netflix to watch my shows, it saves a ton of money. If it is available in the UK, I highly recommend it. You'll be able to burn through multiple shows for about $15 a month. When I send a disc back, I get the next one in 2 days, so I just run the 2 disc plan watch one disc while the other is being exchanged, then reverse, and so on. If you were really going to watch your discs super fast, you could be on the 3 or 4 disc plan.

If you watched a disc per day on the 4 disc plan, you could finish the sopranos in under a month for $24.00
Last edited by bnull24 at Sep 22, 2009,
The X Files is an interesting one. I do enjoy the show when it is on TV and I enjoy the topics of the majority of the storylines. My own problem would be the filler storylines like you said.
I do watch Lost, but I am going to wait until it is finally finished. As for Oz, I have never heard of it but I believe that alot of the cast from it, are in the Wire so it may be a possibility.

House, even though I am a med student, doesn't appeal to me and neither does scrubs.
Arrested Development.
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Seinfeld wat.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
spend your money on this: http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5830296/Trailer-Park-Boys-Series-1-6-Box-Set/Product.html?&engine=froogle_film&keyword=Trailer+Park+Boys%3A+Series+1+-+6+Box+Set++DVD&_$ja=tsid:11518%7Ccc:%7Cprd:5830296%7Ccat:Movie+%3E+DVD+%3E+Boxed+Sets probably one of the best programmes ive ever seen. and cheap too! (trailer park boys season 1 - 6 if you cant be arsed following the link)

Freebieedit: You can watch them all for free on youtube anyway. buy other stuff

Make me laugh people... go ahead, make me laugh...
Last edited by Rhythmic at Sep 22, 2009,
The Office + House = ZOMG Winz0r
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit

Best. Show. EVAR.

Until about the third season.

I love the show, but I'll admit it has faults a-plenty. It needed to be an hour show, for one. The half hour setup wasn't the best thing ever.

Get Firefly. That's my favorite show ever.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Rome!

That way you'll have me being jealous as I keep forgetting to buy it when pay day rolls around.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Two.Words:

TWENTY
-
FOUR

GREATEST SHOW EVAH!!!!!!!!
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
THE SIMPSONS!!!

or House....
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Scrubs
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.

greatest show ever, with the best writing of any drama anywhere. each season plays out like a perfectly paced, perfectly directed 12 hour movie. especially season 2.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by fallenangel20
Until about the third season.

I love the show, but I'll admit it has faults a-plenty. It needed to be an hour show, for one. The half hour setup wasn't the best thing ever.

Get Firefly. That's my favorite show ever.

I agree, the 4th season blew, but the 5th season was actually pretty decent. I never had the half hour problem though, as I started watching a few weeks before the 5th season finale.

My friend says firefly was amazing, so I'll vouch for that.
I read the title as "Which bot sex?"

Needless to say I was a bit disappointed
flight of the conchords
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
the sopranos. best show ever

Quote by Venice King
House

this

This.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by kyle100

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

the sopranos. best show ever

Quote by Venice King

House

this

This.

This, and NCIS.
Not everyone likes Family Guy. It's either hit or miss. You either love it or think it's absolutely repulsive.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
^It's miss for me! Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!
I'd go for Sopranos if you want something as brilliant as the wire. All these other suggestions are good but they will never match up to the sheer genius of The wire and the sopranos.
hey, you should go old school and get the x files! if you have to pick one season, definitely go season 3.

although every episode is streaming online, if you can find that sort of thing....
I have no opinion on this matter.