Page 1 of 254
Hello all,

Now I know what you're thinking, gaming thread, well I asked Frenchy who gave me the answer of "No. If it's popular enough to remain on the front page it probably deserves a thread of its own. If it drops into obscurity then " as I pointed out that there's more to TES than just the games. There's the books and all the lore involved too. I know there are dedicated sites and forums, but they just aren't the pit!

This can now be the place to talk about all things Elder Scrolls, whether it's Morrowind, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Oblivion, the future or it or any of it's past, races, places....you get the idea!
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Hey guess what, Gaming Thread.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
There was a huge elderscrolls thread that got closed. Damn Final Fantasy Thread.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Quote by Syndromity
Hey guess what, Gaming Thread.

I know, but Frenchy did give permission babe.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Quote by Dannystrumpop
I know, but Frenchy did give permission babe.

I'm just saying this topic would probably do better there then as it's own thread.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Morrowind GOTY is epic.
Solstheim in particular.

Also, I hope the rumours are true about ES:V in Skyrim.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Last edited by Guitar_Dan_666 at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by Guitar_Dan_666
Morrowind GOTY is epic.
Solstheim in particular.

I heard that too. Some people say it's going to be in black marsh but I can't see that working with all the lore since they say only Argonians could ever survive in most of it. I remember hearing that they're already planning the one after that to be the entirity of the continent.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

If they did Morrowind mixed with the Oblivion combat system and graphics in Skyrim, I will be very happy.

Entirety you say?

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Last edited by Guitar_Dan_666 at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by Guitar_Dan_666
If they did Morrowind mixed with the Oblivion combat system and graphics in Skyrim, I will be very happy.

Entirety you say?

If you can find it still, you can get Morroblivion which somebody created. They basically rebuilt Morrowind using the TES construction set for Oblivion. Only for the PC though I think.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by Dannystrumpop
If you can find it still, you can get Morroblivion which somebody created. They basically rebuilt Morrowind using the TES construction set for Oblivion. Only for the PC though I think.

Yeah, I need to get round to getting Oblivion again. I only have Morrowind at the moment. Also, I do play it on PC.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Great games, hopefully if Sivering Isles is anything to go by ES V should be ace, i'm hoping skyrim(Though include drunkeness, I refuse to be a Nord without it!) or Summerset isle.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Books? What?! DO WANT.

Not just books my friend, NOVELS!

I couldn't afford one at the time so I just got the pocket guide to the Empire and a gold coin. Sad? Yes, and it wrecked my wallet over time.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

ive got a question about oblivion: how do you kill the ghosts that are just black outlines? ive tried enchanted weapons and silver weapons but it doesnt seem to have any effect.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Quote by heavyairship
ive got a question about oblivion: how do you kill the ghosts that are just black outlines? ive tried enchanted weapons and silver weapons but it doesnt seem to have any effect.

u need to have insane element effects (although i think they might be cold immune). if that doesnt work, use something with life drain. silence helps ALOT too. and slow/freeze spells.

i really wana know who had the job of writing all those in game books that most never get read.....ever.

i hope V is a nice mix of oblivion and morrowind. morrowind was way too slow moving and kinda dry and dark. oblivion was too easy because it too a lot of complexity out of the game and the quick travel, although useful, kinda made the game move too fast.

best. games. ever.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Last edited by xxunder-takerxx at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
u need to have insane element effects (although i think they might be cold immune). if that doesnt work, use something with life drain. silence helps ALOT too. and slow/freeze spells.

i really wana know who had the job of writing all those in game books that most never get read.....ever.

i hope V is a nice mix of oblivion and morrowind. morrowind was way too slow moving and kinda dry and dark. oblivion was too easy because it too a lot of complexity out of the game and the quick travel, although useful, kinda made the game move too fast.

best. games. ever.

the ones ive tried silence on have resisted it and i usually get killed before i can get too many shots of magic at them. but at least i know im dont just suck at killing them, i need to improve my element effects.

but yeah, best games ever
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Quote by heavyairship
the ones ive tried silence on have resisted it and i usually get killed before i can get too many shots of magic at them. but at least i know im dont just suck at killing them, i need to improve my element effects.

but yeah, best games ever

they are the worst along with will-o-wisps. especially if ur a melee character. get a weapon with crazy life drain (get a good soul gem, or join the black brotherhood, their initiation weapon has life drain, and depending what level u are, it can get good), or start over and do those quests at a lower level, those ghosts only appear when u get so high.

also, find out what kind of spell they shoot that really messes u up, and get a resistance armor/buff for it.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
I'm currently playing oblivion, with SI + KOTN, and a total of 96 .esm/.esp files checked, which means around 85-90 mods, a list which still grows, as no matter how much I tell myself I have to stop, I always end up finding more.. and adding them... luckily haven't ****ed up my savegame yet.. that I know of anyways
Oblivion + mods.

That is all.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
the only mods i use is make it pretty and some item mods. my favorite is the cape one and theres 1 or 2 huge armor pack (i like the one where all the armor is just on the floor of the shop i think in chorrol, so i just break in at night and steal it all and make a crap ton of money). different colored glass stuff is cool too.

theifs ftw! gets boring though with all that money. mages are my favorite. who needs lockpicks...(cept skeleton key)

i also hope in V they add more benefits to currently useless skills, like security. (once u get the skeleton key, security is useless. or just get some lock open skills).
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Last edited by xxunder-takerxx at Sep 22, 2009,
oblivion was the best use of $50 i ever spent on a video game lol, followed by Fallout 3. but oblivion was better than fallout. far more sideline things going on in oblivion... although the environment/setting of fallout i loved way way way more.... never been much into the whole D & D swords and monsters stuff too much haha. mods for oblivion kicked ass! i have no idea how many hours i spent just wandering around... just finding stuff to do. cant wait to waste more time on the next one lol
Quote by Capitalistklok
oblivion was the best use of $50 i ever spent on a video game lol, followed by Fallout 3. but oblivion was better than fallout. far more sideline things going on in oblivion... although the environment/setting of fallout i loved way way way more.... never been much into the whole D & D swords and monsters stuff too much haha. mods for oblivion kicked ass! i have no idea how many hours i spent just wandering around... just finding stuff to do. cant wait to waste more time on the next one lol

amen dude. i love how u can get quests just by overhearing people. its a shame the main story was only like 10-12 hours.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
amen dude. i love how u can get quests just by overhearing people. its a shame the main story was only like 10-12 hours.

yeah that main quest situation kinda sucked.... but it more than made up for lack of main quest content with the ridiculous amount of side quests/events
Quote by Capitalistklok

I liked Oblivion and Fallout 3 equally. Oblivion hd a lot of quests and dungeones, but most of them were veyr boring. Go here, grab this, come back.

Fallout 3 had less dungeons, but each dungeon had its own story and the quests were always unique.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
I loved Oblivion but my only problem is like I didn't feel like I was challenged or something. I would find it cool if they had bigger creatures like dragons and stuff. To be honest it would be really cool if they could put Fables combat system with Oblivion and put giant monsters on it that you could hunt and like sale their heart or something for large moneys.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Syndromity
I'm just saying this topic would probably do better there then as it's own thread.

No it wouldn't, it would be discussed mildly then everyone's attention would go to another topic. Hero.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Quote by Guitar_Dan_666
Morrowind GOTY is epic.
Solstheim in particular.

Yeah there's something about that floating around, I can't remember where I heard it though.
Quote by tayroar
I loved Oblivion but my only problem is like I didn't feel like I was challenged or something. I would find it cool if they had bigger creatures like dragons and stuff. To be honest it would be really cool if they could put Fables combat system with Oblivion and put giant monsters on it that you could hunt and like sale their heart or something for large moneys.
And yeah, I agree some of the monsters weren't big and hard enough (after lvl 30 or so everything got relatively easy to kill). There should be really big and difficult monsters in the new one.

And boss battles. That would be badass.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by Pat_s1t
Yeah there's something about that floating around, I can't remember where I heard it though.

The only real reason people are saying that is because Bethesda recently copywrighted the name Skygrim.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Quote by maidenfan15
I liked Oblivion and Fallout 3 equally. Oblivion hd a lot of quests and dungeones, but most of them were veyr boring. Go here, grab this, come back.

Fallout 3 had less dungeons, but each dungeon had its own story and the quests were always unique.

+1

Oblivion had more to do, but Fallout has such a well developed backstory and lore to it, and easily has one of the best atmospheres.
My overview of TES.

Arena : typical AD&D-esque game with that typical DOS look, nothing special

Daggerfall : huge. (But some more) probably looked down upon based on graphics and that it is buggy, but hey, it is a like DOS game. If they remade this game using modern graphics, and possibly a real combat system instead of number/dice based, I can almost assure that it would be hailed as one of the greatest sandbox RPG games of all time

Morrowind : probably the all around best, though the biggest flaw is that it still has that dice system; with the graphics it is almost a tease that you clearly shoot something and do not kill it. The graphics were pretty dang sweet using Better Bodies mod. Some of the improvements were pretty cool, like adding spears and Imperials, though they got rid of sweet things like perks/negs and the cool, "mistake" steal/lock system. I'm glad they got rid of fast travel, that is for nubs. Obviously it could have been geographically big like Daggerfall, but I'm content with the expansion-map size.

Oblivion : basically turned the series into Fable/Baulders Gate*/Diablo/what have you (*the console version, not the computer). The game was over simplified and a lot of amazing things were removed (how can knives and swords be the same type of weapon? Where is the axe skill? Only four/five pieces of armor? No levitation because they wanted to make the main town look pretty as a different zone? Grow with you system*? (Sure, Morrowind utilized this system too, but not for weapons and armor and magic; only for monsters so you don't get the shit beat out of you instantly when you decide to explore, but you still will if you go too far out of where you 'should' be (but damn those Cliffracers and Scuttlefish!)). The game looks very pretty, but is very boring. The combat/sneak system from Thief was pretty cool, I'll give that as the upside to this game.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
^^ completely right. the main skill i missed in oblivion was unarmored. u always look more badass in a robe (especially mages) but its stupid not to wear armor cause theres no unarmored skill.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
^^ completely right. the main skill i missed in oblivion was unarmored. u always look more badass in a robe (especially mages) but its stupid not to wear armor cause theres no unarmored skill.

I thought a lot of things were taken out. I think they may have tried making the series more accessable to casual gamers really. Each one has got less complex as the series progresses, but maybe the 5th will be a surprise. Some said they were going for a MMO but Bethesda denied it, but did mention something about Zenimax planning something in the future. Sadly I have no idea who Zenimax are or if I got that name right...

Does anybody else feel like the dark elves quit smoking since Morrowind? What happened to their voices?
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

I have over 700 saves in Oblivion. I create so many characters and have multiple saves for them
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by kxy1992
I have over 700 saves in Oblivion. I create so many characters and have multiple saves for them

ningen ningen ningen ningen ningen
Weird I just recently started a Elder Scrolls Group. http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tesa/. Anyways I've played both Morrowind and Oblivion on pc and xbox and I don't understand why everyone bashes Oblivion so much. Sure a lot was taken out from what Morrowind had but things were added too and I felt it the environment was very easy to get into and figuratively put you inside the game. Since I've had it for pc though I honestly can't go back to console Oblivion, I just have way to many mods now.