Page 3 of 254
Quote by Kensai
I wish they'd continue the TES series... I've already played through morrowind and oblivion more than once

make a character that's a treasure hunter. dont play any of the quests, just run around plundering. then get yourself a nice big house to set up all your loot on the shelves and tables.

it lets you explore more of the world rather than just running between cities for different quests. its entertaining for awhile anyways
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
Haven't had the chance to play Morrowind yet, i might borrow it off a mate today.
It's really different though isn't it?

Yes, it is light years different. There are more diverse "skills", you have eight pieces of armor instead of four, weapons/baddies/whatever do not level up with you, the terrain is more diverse (with GOTY, there are about nine terrains, while oblivion has two/three).

The only thing wrong with the game are cliff racers, but only complainers don't man up to kill these weak annoying creatures.

oh, and you can levitate.

you might call it a problem that it has a "dice" system instead of a "my arrow shot you, it hit you" system, but that is because Morrowind is the last in the line of TES "Pen-and-paper on a computer sorta" games.

Quote by DeadlySIN
You guys seem to realy love III, didn't the animation bug the hell out of you?
I can genuinely say i enjoyed IV more.

I don't play games for animation.

Quote by NoLaurelTree000
make a character that's a treasure hunter. dont play any of the quests, just run around plundering. then get yourself a nice big house to set up all your loot on the shelves and tables.

it lets you explore more of the world rather than just running between cities for different quests. its entertaining for awhile anyways

This, do it in Morrowind and try to get all of the "legendary artifacts" (I think there's a book of them, I know there are replicas(?) in the one museum in the capital, or you could just look them up online). Goldbrand anyone?

Quote by Neer
Skyrim is all covered in snow right? I wouldn't like that. But then there's only Vvardenfell left?

Oh well, I'm sure it'll be a great game whenever it's done.

TES3 is in Vvardenfell..... duh.....
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Oct 17, 2009,
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

While doing the mainquest I did mostly that, I had a really big house that I decorated nicely

I think I explored most of the mainland. I've wasted so many hours on that game
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
While doing the mainquest I did mostly that, I had a really big house that I decorated nicely

been playing morrowind all day. Can't do it anymore
Quote by Kensai

Same, it pretty much consumed my summer one year.
What's the best Light Armour/Short Blade in Morrowind?

And where do I get it?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by lordofthefood1

you might call it a problem that it has a "dice" system instead of a "my arrow shot you, it hit you" system, but that is because Morrowind is the last in the line of TES "Pen-and-paper on a computer sorta" games.

The dice system in Morrowind is still poorly implemented compared to Arena and Daggerfall, that uses a similar system.

By the way, if you guys didn't know, you can download both Arena and Daggerfall legally for free at the official Elder Scrolls site, but both are unplayable on modern OSes. However, you can use DOSBox for it, which is a DOS emulator.
Here is TES: Arena, which I've preconfigured in DOSBox for those interested. I might do it with Daggerfall later, if I feel like it. You'll need 7zip to extract the file.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
If Arena runs to slow on DOSbox you have to first open dosbox and type the words "cycles=max" and then "core=dynamic" and then type whatever it is to run Arena.

Works like an enchantment.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I hope that any sequel they make actually has a variety of terrain and dungeons instead of just forests and elven ruins. That shit got so boring that I beat the main quest and stopped playing Oblivion.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
When TES:V comes out I will fail uni and lose any jobs/girlfriends I have at the time. Oblivion ate up so many hours of my life.
Up The Boro!
i cant buy the house in skingrad because the orc isnt where hes supposed to be. i think he might have been killed by goblins or something so im stuck on how to get in the house.

so have any of you guys created some awsome spells?

i just got into the arcane university and i made a spell i call Touch Of Death, its got fire damage 40 pts for 8 seconds, shock damage 20 pts for 2 seconds, and soul trap for 8 seconds.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Quote by Gonff
Nord = win

False.

Argonian = win.
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
Bretons all the way. They have a similar appearance to an Imperial, except they are kick ass with magic and have British accents. I make so many custom spells. I have a huge fireball, big enough to engulf a house. I rarely have to melee anything.
You all seem to forget that Dark Elves/Dunmer are far superior to every race in the game.
Quote by heavyairship
i cant buy the house in skingrad because the orc isnt where hes supposed to be. i think he might have been killed by goblins or something so im stuck on how to get in the house.

He tends to have a problem with falling off the very high bridge near the castle.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Quote by opc100
I totally forgot I had this!
Off to my game shelf I go...

These

Quote by crazy8rgood
You all seem to forget that Dark Elves/Dunmer are far superior to every race in the game.

They are average at everything... Not good, plus the aren't say IMMUNE TO FROST AND SHOCK (resistant to latter.. shh).

I tear up the Frozen Continent soo badly with my Nord.

Quote by heavyairship

so have any of you guys created some awsome spells?

i just got into the arcane university and i made a spell i call Touch Of Death, its got fire damage 40 pts for 8 seconds, shock damage 20 pts for 2 seconds, and soul trap for 8 seconds.

I have, sort of. Morrowind becomes less fun when you realize that the Thief is one of the best signs. Why? You then only have to make amulets/belts/rings to give you 85% Sanctuary. What does this mean? You are never hit because you always have 100% Sanctuary going. Yeah.. bad ass...

Quote by Acronikos
False.

Argonian = win.

I love Argoninans, but that is just false.. The main reason is that they can't equip boots or helmets. What use is a character without Boots Of Blinding Speed and the Clasque of Clavicus Vail (blah, spelling, Masque? C--- V--- for sure is the artifact's name).

Quote by MedicreDemon
Redguard are the best race hands down.

They are really good, but I still prefer my Nord.

--

Quote by Sheepdragon
The dice system in Morrowind is still poorly implemented compared to Arena and Daggerfall, that uses a similar system.

By the way, if you guys didn't know, you can download both Arena and Daggerfall legally for free at the official Elder Scrolls site, but both are unplayable on modern OSes. However, you can use DOSBox for it, which is a DOS emulator.
Here is TES: Arena, which I've preconfigured in DOSBox for those interested. I might do it with Daggerfall later, if I feel like it. You'll need 7zip to extract the file.

If you've read my posts in this thread, I many times proclaim Daggerfall to be the best of the series, and probably the best in the genre. If they remade Daggerfall, true to it's original system, but with updated graphics, it would be one of the greatest games (even more so than it is. I'll have to face it, DOS is annoying as hell). Perhaps it would be interesting with a physical combat system, but for sure it would be ruined if the skill set was altered (well, maybe inclusion of Spears would be nice, as well as Orcs and Imperials, but those would be basically the only changes to the system that I would actually want).

Daggerfall is amazing fun. You can "screw around" and just do so much. The only problem with it is that it is unremarkably* prone to crashing (*firefox doesn't recognize unr-- as a word, perhaps my grammar is off on how to say it?). I have to save basically every town, before accepting a quest, in climax of quest, finishing quest, and getting back into town. I just am so afraid of it crashing (which it does, I once had it crash three or four times while exiting a building (the same building! I had accepted a quest and saved, walked outside and it crashed, like those several times.. sigh)).
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
The only thing wrong with the game are cliff racers, but only complainers don't man up to kill these weak annoying creatures.

Fucking cliff racers.
Oblivion is THE BEST game I have ever played.

That being said, I'm a dirty rotten cheater. I've got it on the 360, and after using some... uh... 'dark techniques' (which I will divulge upon request ) my Nord character may or may not have over 100,000 magicka and and endless supply of Welkend Stones

This comes in handy if you're a 360 player who's ever wondered 'Just how fast could I run?'
And I have to say, its pretty fucking epic to jump from the top of Frostcraig Spire and land in Niben Bay.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Last edited by wiliscool at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by Gyroscope
Fucking cliff racers.

Well, my statement was kind of stretching it, segue into...

Quote by wiliscool
Oblivion is THE BEST game I have ever played.

That being said, I'm a dirty rotten cheater. I've got it on the 360, and after using some... uh... 'dark techniques' (which I will divulge upon request ) my Nord character may or may not have over 100,000 magicka and and endless supply of Welkend Stones

This comes in handy if you're a 360 player who's ever wondered 'Just how fast could I run?'
And I have to say, its pretty fucking epic to jump from the top of Frostcraig Spire and land in Niben Bay.

You must not play many games? It is average at best.
I'm teasing you, though it is my opinion.

It's too... platform? Good to all of you who like a watered down game (one fan of Oblivion (well, he is one of the "Fallout 3 > Oblivion (which I think I would be too if I owned Fallout 3 instead of just playing characters at people's houses)) told me, "Morrowind's skill set is too complex, which I was baffled by; imagine what he'd tell me about Morrowind's armor system? (and really any pre-Oblivion TES)).

la la la.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1

It's too... platform? Good to all of you who like a watered down game (one fan of Oblivion (well, he is one of the "Fallout 3 > Oblivion (which I think I would be too if I owned Fallout 3 instead of just playing characters at people's houses)) told me, "Morrowind's skill set is too complex, which I was baffled by; imagine what he'd tell me about Morrowind's armor system? (and really any pre-Oblivion TES)).

la la la.

See what vanilla games does to the youth these days?
Quote by lordofthefood1

Those fuckers are dangerous in large numbers, especially when you're missing half the time you swing at them.
Quote by lordofthefood1

la la la.

Ah, no. Maybe it is what you would call watered down, but what I like is at least a touch of action in my games. I've spent many hours playing Morrowind on Xbox so I do have a very good base for comparison, and in my opinion Morrowind is just under the line in terms of how well you can control your character in a fight.
And lets face it, even with everything else there is to do, these games would be nothing without combat.

I played Morrowind long before Oblivion came out (before we were all spoiled by the graphics of modern games) and I still love it, but the first time I played Oblivion and stepped out of the sewer and just really felt how vast it was and how detailed everything was I knew I would never look at Morrowind the same way.

Quote by Gyroscope
Those fuckers are dangerous in large numbers, especially when you're missing half the time you swing at them.

This is kind of my point. If you miss, it should be because YOU missed. Not because the game has decided that you will miss.
Quote by handbanana
Last edited by wiliscool at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by Eccer
See what vanilla games does to the youth these days?

Heh, the kid is actually older than me (weirdly, all of my friends here basically started on N64, it makes me feel weird knowing that I played video games years before them) (when we're all around the same age, +/- 2 years).

Quote by wiliscool
Ah, no. Maybe it is what you would call watered down, but what I like is at least a touch of action in my games. I've spent many hours playing Morrowind on Xbox so I do have a very good base for comparison, and in my opinion Morrowind is just under the line in terms of how well you can control your character in a fight.
And lets face it, even with everything else there is to do, these games would be nothing without combat.

I played Morrowind long before Oblivion came out (before we were all spoiled by the graphics of modern games) and I still love it, but the first time I played Oblivion and stepped out of the sewer and just really felt how vast it was and how detailed everything was I knew I would never look at Morrowind the same way.

This is kind of my point. If you miss, it should be because YOU missed. Not because the game has decided that you will miss.

I understand .

To latter first: but Morrowind is a pen-and-paper without the p&p and dice
Also, you'd have to be amazingly super human to hit every time you line up a cursor correctly. Do a quick calculation of where your guy swings every time you hit the button, curiously. Does he swing and hit the same spot every time? If so, that already is a flaw, superman. If not? Then the dice rolls are in play with aesthetics. This is kind of why shooters have "spread" and "sniper shake/recoil". Without them, you would hit exactly where you aim every time, which isn't all that fun.

to former: Sure, the "action" (whatever that means) is there, but combining skill sets, armor sets, hell, just completely reducing the amount of "things" in the game counts as watering down to me (why the hell is a knife and a great sword the same skill? Completely watered down and "unrealistic" (though rolling dice to hit is as well)). I'm half and half on fight control to be honest, I think I do enjoy Oblivion's more, but not as a TES game, it is sooo un-TES like. I'd rather be able to control my character more in every way besides combat than have that perk (it turns Oblivion into Diablo/Baulders Gate (console, not computer)/Fable). Playing Oblivion, I thought I was just playing one of "those" games, running around killing things. Morrowind just kept me interested the whole time.

I don't care if I can see every blade of grass in the world, I just want to be captured by the game. Maybe this captures you more than story? Who knows?! I don't . The main thing is that we all have fun, right?
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Oct 29, 2009,
i played them both. Morrowind has the better storyline but the game itself is so glitchy and easy to make a god character that it loses its shine but that storyline is just amazing!

Oblivion was fun but i burnt myself out on it I had a female Khajit named Lady Nightstep that was a thief/archer. I kept doing the oblivion gates until i had 5 chameleon sigil stones so i had 100 percent chameleon on my glass armor.

After you max sneak and marksmen their armor rating is ignored so just about every thing dies with in 1-2 hits on full difficulty.

I maxed stats and did all the quest too. Not counting times it froze up on me i logged 273 hours. Great game but i burnt myself out on it
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Then Pay with your Blood!
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
dont talk to me with that fetcher voice, N'wah I dont take kindly to out landers ^_^
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Quote by Eccer
Oh well, we're stil young aren't we? ^^

Hm? We're 18-22. I guess I played nintendo when I was little because my dad played nintendo and they were 18-22 when I was born (my parents and their friends).
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
Hm? We're 18-22. I guess I played nintendo when I was little because my dad played nintendo and they were 18-22 when I was born (my parents and their friends).

I guess the "hm" response explains it. Nvm

Gotta love the artifact collection after completing morrowind
Last edited by Eccer at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by Eccer
I guess the "hm" response explains it. Nvm.

Perhaps. Attempts at internet humor are futile

I need my Morrowind discs.. ughufhguasij. I might start playing Daggerfall. I want to play Morrowind though..

Perks and balances omg how I forgot about these amazing things. I love how Daggerfall (and Arena) literally have a "roll dice" button for character creation. I need to fetch out my handy guide to make amazing characters (specialize in one weapon: make using any other weapon illegal, thus HP bonus. Do the same for armor types (screw leather and chain, I'm a warrior!). I'm pretty sure that your racial immunity trumps anything, so make a Nord that is "critically weak" to Frost (or don't, if that doesn't work like that). No casting magic during the day? No magic point regeneration? I don't use magic, so no biggie. (actually, do, so I don't choose those two) (battlemage-type character!))
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Oct 29, 2009,
Oblivion is literally one of the best games I have ever played. I'd like to try out the previous games but I haven't gotten around to it.

I love how immersing Oblivion can get, and I don't think it ever gets boring.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by lordofthefood1
Heh, the kid is actually older than me (weirdly, all of my friends here basically started on N64, it makes me feel weird knowing that I played video games years before them) (when we're all around the same age, +/- 2 years).

I understand .

To latter first: but Morrowind is a pen-and-paper without the p&p and dice
Also, you'd have to be amazingly super human to hit every time you line up a cursor correctly. Do a quick calculation of where your guy swings every time you hit the button, curiously. Does he swing and hit the same spot every time? If so, that already is a flaw, superman. If not? Then the dice rolls are in play with aesthetics. This is kind of why shooters have "spread" and "sniper shake/recoil". Without them, you would hit exactly where you aim every time, which isn't all that fun.

to former: Sure, the "action" (whatever that means) is there, but combining skill sets, armor sets, hell, just completely reducing the amount of "things" in the game counts as watering down to me (why the hell is a knife and a great sword the same skill? Completely watered down and "unrealistic" (though rolling dice to hit is as well)). I'm half and half on fight control to be honest, I think I do enjoy Oblivion's more, but not as a TES game, it is sooo un-TES like. I'd rather be able to control my character more in every way besides combat than have that perk (it turns Oblivion into Diablo/Baulders Gate (console, not computer)/Fable). Playing Oblivion, I thought I was just playing one of "those" games, running around killing things. Morrowind just kept me interested the whole time.

I don't care if I can see every blade of grass in the world, I just want to be captured by the game. Maybe this captures you more than story? Who knows?! I don't . The main thing is that we all have fun, right?

I definitely agree with all of this
Quote by handbanana