Page 4 of 254
Quote by wiliscool
This is kind of my point. If you miss, it should be because YOU missed. Not because the game has decided that you will miss.

Morrowind's only flaw. I wouldn't say the cliffracers are really a flaw like that other guy because they would be relatively easy to fend off without the "dice roll" combat.

Morrowind is near perfect in my eyes, except for the combat. It could have used better animations and better sounds but that's not a big deal.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
So what kind of mods are people running on Morrowind? Years ago I only played it vanilla andI want to start playing it again with mods that are compatible.

Was quite a while since I played but I believe I had some called "Better monsters", bittercoast sounds of morrowind and er... not sure. There was one mod made by some fanatic who created a whole new island about the size of the original content.

Anyway, look into graphic enhancers, sound additions, better monsters, items, e.t.c.

Just don't get too much stuff that does the same thing (like sky replacements for example) because that might really screw up the game.

edit: Just searched in my bookmarks, I only had one for some reason but I remember getting some mods from here:

http://endhome.com/Morrowind/Morrowind%20title.htm

edit2: The one on the end of the page is reaaally useful.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
So what kind of mods are people running on Morrowind? Years ago I only played it vanilla andI want to start playing it again with mods that are compatible.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Main_Page
That whole site is insanely useful and accurate.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by Kensai
Was quite a while since I played but I believe I had some called "Better monsters", bittercoast sounds of morrowind and er... not sure. There was one mod made by some fanatic who created a whole new island about the size of the original content.

Anyway, look into graphic enhancers, sound additions, better monsters, items, e.t.c.

Just don't get too much stuff that does the same thing (like sky replacements for example) because that might really screw up the game.

edit: Just searched in my bookmarks, I only had one for some reason but I remember getting some mods from here:

http://endhome.com/Morrowind/Morrowind%20title.htm

edit2: The one on the end of the page is reaaally useful.

So those plus the official plugins, Visual Pack and the Unofficial Morrowind Patch should be sufficient to start with?

EDIT: But if anyone has a load of mods at the moment that work,and would like to throw them on megaupload and tell me the load order, it'd be muchly appreciated
Quote by Deliriumbassist
So those plus the official plugins, Visual Pack and the Unofficial Morrowind Patch should be sufficient to start with?

EDIT: But if anyone has a load of mods at the moment that work,and would like to throw them on megaupload and tell me the load order, it'd be muchly appreciated

You need the Morrowind Graphics extender. I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, I've just skimmed over some things. But that thing is incredible. I now have realistic shadows, infinite draw distance, depth of field and real time sun rays. MGE, combined with texture enhancers make morrowind look far, far better then oblivion and even possibly better then some newer games.
  • Fender American Standard Stratocaster
  • Ibanez RGD2127z
  • Yamaha Acoustic
  • Cort Bass

• Laney LC30
ive got a few questions about azuras star

first: can it hold human souls?
second: can you use it to enchant things?
third: can i remove it from my inventory so i dont lose it during the mythic dawn quest or will it just stay in my inventory?
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
I just got Oblivion last weekend, and haven't played anything but it since.

It's strange, though. While I'm playing, it isn't "fun." It passes time, but I'm not really having fun.

When I shut it off, all I want to do is play more.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by heavyairship

third: can i remove it from my inventory so i dont lose it during the mythic dawn quest or will it just stay in my inventory?

I know in TES III, you cannot soultrap "humans" (though I think you can soultrap monster/humans, such as Lord Vivec). I'd assume that you'd be able to use a soulgem to enchant things, unless Oblivion is really that lame. I can't answer the last, obvsly.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by heavyairship

first: can it hold human souls? YES
second: can you use it to enchant things? No, but you can reuse it over and over to recharge things.
third: can i remove it from my inventory so i dont lose it during the mythic dawn quest or will it just stay in my inventory? Yes and No, you don't have to give up Azura's Star, any artifact from a Deadric shrine quest will suffice, Martin will let you choose..

Hope that helps.
Last edited by whitenihilist at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist

I used to mod that game all the time. It was mostly house mods and re-textures, nothing special, but easy to do. Now I mod Fallout 3.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
holy crap I LOVE Oblivion. easily one of the best games ever made. I'm currently working on the last Main Quest mission of The Shivering Isles, but i'm putting it off because I dont want it to be over... BTW is Knights Of The Nine worth the 10$?
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by lordofthefood1
I know in TES III, you cannot soultrap "humans" (though I think you can soultrap monster/humans, such as Lord Vivec). I'd assume that you'd be able to use a soulgem to enchant things, unless Oblivion is really that lame. I can't answer the last, obvsly.

You can soultrap humans with a black soul gem.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I tried soultrapping some arena combatants but it said I didn't have a soul gem big enough so I'm either doing something wrong or azuras star can't soultrap humans
Emerse your soul in love

Quote by BottleOfSmoke
holy crap I LOVE Oblivion. easily one of the best games ever made. I'm currently working on the last Main Quest mission of The Shivering Isles, but i'm putting it off because I dont want it to be over... BTW is Knights Of The Nine worth the 10$?

Yes it is
It's brilliant
"Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining" - Wrex
Quote by BottleOfSmoke

The Crusader Armor is worth 10 bucks...but that stupid infamy block is annoying as hell.
Both morrowind and oblivion are great games, although I spent much more time on oblivion, I think my latest save is at like 500 hours... I think I spent more time on oblivion because I had just gotten a 360/HD-TV/sound system and it was just amazing.
Quote by heavyairship

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes, but assuming that you're talking about the quest 'Dagon Shrine' where you 'join' the mythic dawn in order to steal the Mysterium Xarxes, Harrow (the guy you give your stuff to) actually has your stuff and you can either kill him or pickpocket him in order to get it back.
This might help: agon_Shrine">agon_Shrine">http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivionagon_Shrine
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
If TES:V aims back in the Morrowind direction, I will probably give up on every past-time I currently work at to play it. I'm certain I clocked in over 400 hours at Morrowind. If it could have a more Oblivion-esque fighting system, I doubt I would eat but for necessity.
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
Quote by wiliscool
1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes, but assuming that you're talking about the quest 'Dagon Shrine' where you 'join' the mythic dawn in order to steal the Mysterium Xarxes, Harrow (the guy you give your stuff to) actually has your stuff and you can either kill him or pickpocket him in order to get it back.
This might help: agon_Shrine">agon_Shrine">http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivionagon_Shrine

I just pushed him off to get my stuff back. Then summon something and use the trusty Honorblade of Chorrol and clearing that room becomes much easier.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
I don't know why, but I didn't find Morrowind worth the time. I just couldn't get engaged in the game... lol suggestions?
Quote by tayroar
You can soultrap humans with a black soul gem.

In TES III? Are you sure you read my post correctly? Black soul gems are in Oblivion, not Morrowind. Any "black soul gems" are not in Morrowind unless added/coded due to modding. (I've checked many sources just to make sure it isn't something I just haven't heard of).

Quote by Khromium
I don't know why, but I didn't find Morrowind worth the time. I just couldn't get engaged in the game... lol suggestions?

The Cult quests get you very involved, imo. You have to understand the geography and folk lore (Tribunal Temple at least).

If you got far enough to join a House, I think that those are also great. I usually join Telvanni whether or not I am a spell caster; I think it is almost better if you aren't one because the Mage Guild and House T-- are enemies.

There are actually many, many ways you can travel through Houses, I'm pretty sure that you can become different people's "apprentice" instead of just one fixed way of going through the House ranks (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played in a long bit)

Read, read read! Reading books and gathering lore is great. You do some amazing things (build a statue to invoke a god/demon and receive a magical golden sword ( (has anybody ever got Redbrand? I have no idea what it is, but it is in the editor along with Goldbrand)).

foodit to last paragraph: apparently it is the same thing as Eltonbrand, which just seems nightmarish to get (it is an easter egg).
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by Khromium

Turn your body into fuel
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by maninthebox24
I just pushed him off to get my stuff back. Then summon something and use the trusty Honorblade of Chorrol and clearing that room becomes much easier.

i created a spell that blew them away in one shot and only cost 40 magicka, then i just killed every one of them and looted all thier corpses. that'll teach 'em to kill my emperor
Emerse your soul in love

I remember they reviewed Morrowind on Toonami and it looked bad ass.
But I never played any of them.
Quote by lordofthefood1
Hm? We're 18-22. I guess I played nintendo when I was little because my dad played nintendo and they were 18-22 when I was born (my parents and their friends).
I started on the SNES at about three...?
im a little frustrated on the arrow of extracation mission in the thieves guild. i keep coming up to gates in the wizards grotto that i cant use spells to open, the locks so far have been either average or hard, i keep breaking all my lockpicks because my security is so low. for all i know i might be totally off course, my map says im going the right way but how is a level 3 character supposed to pick a hard lock?

also i have a mages guild quest that seems to be glitching or somthing. i was supposed to help these other mages with these aylied ruins, i got the pillar open and i killed all the enemies inside and i got to the thing with the elven helmet inside but i couldnt find the button to open it, there were some passages that i couldnt get into and i eventually left. when i decided to go back all the enemies had respawned but there was a pressure plate that opened a door that wouldnt work. so now i cant finish the quest and the next quest is the one where i learn how to make black soul gems.

never have i played a game so completely addictive and so totally frustrating
Emerse your soul in love

I'm getting Oblivion: Game of the Year edition for my 360 in a few days.

Who's excited for me? What am I in for?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Okay so I'm going to transfer the Mudcrab Merchant to a more accessible place.

I've seen that if someone is following you, you can transport them through interior doors (one's that don't just open and close, but take you somewhere).

If I'm using Command Creature, could the Mudcrab Merchant possibly follow me into my house...?

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I haven't tried it, but I doubt that would work. The Mudcrab Merchant is probably considered an NPC and not a creature. But I guess he's just like any shopkeeper, who you could charm. Mind posting back after you try?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I haven't tried it, but I doubt that would work. The Mudcrab Merchant is probably considered an NPC and not a creature. But I guess he's just like any shopkeeper, who you could charm. Mind posting back after you try?

He can be controlled and he can be taken to land.

I'm just wondering if I can get him inside a house... I hope I can.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Mudcrab_Merchant

Quote by Article
The Mudcrab Merchant can be guided to a more convenient location using Command Creature spells. Water Walking and Fortify Speed spells help to speed him along. Be aware though, if you have already sold quite a few items, he may be too encumbered to move.

And here... http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Lock

Quote by Article
You can also use Lock to trap pursuers or to keep out potential witnesses from a room if you plan to commit a crime there (theft or murder). This is only applicable on interior doors, not doors which go into a different cell, as NPCs in Morrowind are incapable of using doors which go into a different cell (Unless they are following you, in which case they come with you immediately, and can't be locked out).

Tada.

Quote by Våd Hamster

I haven't played it in like 2 years I didn't even bother finding him. Where do you plan on taking him? Stronghold?
Quote by lolmnt
^ What exactly is a stronghold?

Do you just mean the place where I've set up base, or can you actually create a stronghold?

And yeah I plan on taking him to my base lol

Quote by Våd Hamster

Yeah, that's what I meant. You're in one of the Great Houses, right?
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by thanksgiving
Do you just mean the place where I've set up base, or can you actually create a stronghold?

If you get far enough along in one of the Great Houses, they let you do quests to make and improve a stronghold for yourself.

I just downloaded Morrowind for my PC recently. I have it for Xbox, but don't want to lug the huge thing down here to college where it'll just take up space.

I've been messing around with some mods lately and am amazed at how many things I missed by not having the game on PC.