Page 5 of 254
TS. maybe you can explain what Elder Scrolls is for those who don't know (including me).
Quote by GisleAune
TS. maybe you can explain what Elder Scrolls is for those who don't know (including me).

Or maybe you could use Wikipedia.

Not being a dick, but quite frankly, TES is a massive series that would take far too long to explain in layman's terms. Unless you want to dumb it down to the lowest level and just say they're RPGs.
It doesn't matter, just go out and buy one.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by GisleAune

Elder Scrolls games are usually RPGs that are based in the same game world of Nirn, in the empire of Tamriel, of which there are multiple provinces that each game takes place in. Its very immersive and very fun.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I killed Vivec on Morrowind
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
I started playing Oblivion over spring break last year and stopped when school started....

RPGs just aren't my cup o' tea.
But I'm definitely gonna check out V when its released

Did anyone read The Infernal City?
I read more because I love the author than the fact it was TES, and so i was a tad disappointed because it didn't come close to Greg Keyes' other stuff. But it was still a good book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Infernal_City
I'm so shallow
I've tried to get into Morrowind a few times but I just can't, I think it's because of the graphics. Are there any graphic mods that give a massive improvement?
Oblivion is the shit, but I really want to play the previous games.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by garfgarfgarf
I'm so shallow
I've tried to get into Morrowind a few times but I just can't, I think it's because of the graphics. Are there any graphic mods that give a massive improvement?

Holy hell, yes. Tons.

This page has a bunch of them as well as a guide on how to make Morrowind look better in all kinds of aspects.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Yeah, that's what I meant. You're in one of the Great Houses, right?

Yeah Hlaalu.

Tiz the shit.

Quote by archangels666
If you get far enough along in one of the Great Houses, they let you do quests to make and improve a stronghold for yourself.

I just downloaded Morrowind for my PC recently. I have it for Xbox, but don't want to lug the huge thing down here to college where it'll just take up space.

I've been messing around with some mods lately and am amazed at how many things I missed by not having the game on PC.

Yeah I'm still on xbox too

And anyone asking to play the earlier games, you can download the first 2 at the Bethseda hompage (Is that how you spell it?)

At least I think it's their page.

Need DOSBOX though.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Any word on a new Elder Scrolls game? Loved oblivion and morrowind.
Has anyone else made different characters depending on their personality?

I started playing Oblivion a month ago and created two different characters, one is my good guy, Knight/pilgrim character and the other is an assassin/thief. I'll admit the bad character is much more fun. It's great robbing people blind.
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Quote by GrungeBeatle
Has anyone else made different characters depending on their personality?

I started playing Oblivion a month ago and created two different characters, one is my good guy, Knight/pilgrim character and the other is an assassin/thief. I'll admit the bad character is much more fun. It's great robbing people blind.

Man assassins are the shit i just got maxed out on acrobatics marksmen and alchemy and I got a bunch of items with chameleon so no one can see me.
So I got oblivion today for the 360, plus Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine.

What does the expansion disk install onto? The harddrive?

And will I need the disk anymore or can I put it away safely?

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I'm wondering, has anyone done what I've done and done a full H2H playthrough?
Quote by Nexium
For a 10'er you certainly have found a good avatar.
Quote by thanksgiving
So I got oblivion today for the 360, plus Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine.

What does the expansion disk install onto? The harddrive?

And will I need the disk anymore or can I put it away safely?

This is probably a bit late, but yes, it weill install onto your harddrive. You won't need the expansion disc after that.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
I'm seriously considering getting Oblivion for PC. I've never been a gamer. The only things I have are gameboy (for pokemon), SNES, and THPS2 for PC.

My only question is will Oblivion for Windows XP work on Vista?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
I'm seriously considering getting Oblivion for PC. I've never been a gamer. The only things I have are gameboy (for pokemon), SNES, and THPS2 for PC.

My only question is will Oblivion for Windows XP work on Vista?

Oblivion works on Vista.

Also, good choice, Oblivion is one of the greatest games I've ever played...and there are hundreds of mods for the PC version that can make it even better/more fun.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Quote by Beautiful
Oblivion works on Vista.

Also, good choice, Oblivion is one of the greatest games I've ever played...and there are hundreds of mods for the PC version that can make it even better/more fun.

Do you know that from experience? Because I read a review on Amazon that said he had to return it because it wasn't compatible with Vista.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

I run Oblivion on Vista, with no issues :O
Quote by Nexium
For a 10'er you certainly have found a good avatar.
Quote by walkinbazooka
Do you know that from experience? Because I read a review on Amazon that said he had to return it because it wasn't compatible with Vista.

I've played it on two different Vista-equipped laptops

If you google it, you can probably find out if there's a problem with Vista...a lot of things seem to have compatibility issues with Vista

Quote by laid-to-waste
extremely attractive
oh baby
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Okay, thanks y'all. Time to do some price checking and get me a game!
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by walkinbazooka

I have Vista Home Premium.

I have to turn everything down to nearly the lowest levels since it's a laptop, but it definitely works.
dling morroblivion for my pc!! woot
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Oblivion is an epic game!

I've heard some rumors that Bethesda copyrighted the title, "Skyrim." So Nords and Redguard specific maybe?
Quote by dviv17
Oblivion is an epic game!

I've heard some rumors that Bethesda copyrighted the title, "Skyrim." So Nords and Redguard specific maybe?

They also had copyrighted "Elderscrollsonline.com" or something very similar, which was making people wonder if they were going to do a MMORPG...I don't think there's been anything official really though.

Quote by laid-to-waste
extremely attractive
oh baby
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
It's been confirmed some sort of TES MMO is going to be in action. Hopefully there will also be room for a new single-player TES game.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
Quote by Seyda
I'm wondering, has anyone done what I've done and done a full H2H playthrough?

what the hell is an h2h playthrough
and for an 10'er you have an awfully big e-peen0r
So I made a wood elf theif and I did the whole Knights of the Nine quest.

And now I have to do theives guild quests which means I get infamy, which means I can't wear my Crusader armour unless I pray at all the god damn shrines again

Quote by Våd Hamster

Oblivion? I need to get going on that. Do you still get infamy if you don't get caught?
Quote by lolmnt
Pretty sure yeah.

Quote by Våd Hamster

That would suck, because in early levels I steal all I can in shops to try and buy decent armor.
Quote by lolmnt
My friend told me he saw an article about a new Elder Scrolls game, I cant find anything about it anywhere. Has anyone else heard anything? I'm ready for a new one, I've played Oblivion for about 600 hours now (and I'm still not bored of it) but a new one would be awesome.
whos cares about elder scrolls when they're coming out with fallout new vegas?
Peace my brothers!!!!
Quote by Dark Foxle

I would much rather have a new Elder Scrolls game then a new Fall-Out game. Don't get me wrong I've played a hell of alot of Fall-Out, but I love the setting in ES games so much more then the settings of the FO games.
i Creamed My Panties At The Pit's Shared Love Of The Elder Scrolls !!!!! La;ksdjhf;lkadjfl;kajdslf;kajasdlfkajsd;kfja I Love You Guys <333333333333333333333333333333

edit:

Anyone think they should make an online world for Elder Scrolls ?

I guess it'd be like World of Warcraft, except 1092382098309128x more awesome.
Quote by Dark Foxle

Because there are some good games without guns involved.
Quote by lolmnt