Has anyone taken their chances at pawn shops? My brother sold a few things to a pawn shop and came home to tell me they have guitars and amps laying all over. I'm wondering if anyone has tried their luck at one and had success
my buddy has a beautiful acoustic he got from there for 100 bucks.
you can find amazing deals there.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Looks like I found something for my time off tomorrow, hoping to pick up a MiM strat
good luck on the strat if they have it, but it is kind of a chance gold mine. a friend of mine bought case of with boss pedals in it, he didn't care but he got it for 200 and it came with 5 pedals.

japanese turbo overdrive and chorus, flange, noise surpressor, and a power pedal (aka kind of like the the boss tuner pedal that can also power other pedals through a daisy chain)
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
itll always be hit and miss
but its worth a shot
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
I bought an amazing 90's Fender MiM tele the other day for $150 in good condition at one so I'd say yeah. But of course, you want to test it right there and not buy it and try it at home
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
I haven't looked in any pawn shops but they could be good. I bought a nice ES-335 copy from a yard sale for $80 so the opportunities are out there.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
I've got one I go to all the time - they only deal in musical instruments, and they'll take anything on trade. Of course they'll have their own markup but the prices are still below the open market. I've snagged some cool stuff from there.
Yes I got my epiphone elitist there for 250$
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Pawn shops can be GREAT places to score deals! Not worth a crap to sell to mind you! But when people are in a bind and needing quick cash thats where they go. I love going to pawn shops, just never know what you will find. Seem to be getting harder these days to find the deals cause all the info on the net is used by the store owners more now.

I have bought many things before from pawn shops. Trick is to know what you are looking at and not make any impulse buys. And NEVER pay the asking price! You gotta haggle and walk away if need be. You'll also get better deals on stuff that has been sitting for a longer time.
most pawn shops have the nice guitars behind the counter or elsewhere, so don't be afraid to ask.

I live in Atlanta, GA and you can't go a block without a finding a Pawn Shop and there is a lot of garbage out there.

fake US necks on trash and B.S. Logos - there is also a market down here to sell a 'fake' guitars to a Pawn Shop for profit.

also, make a friend there and they won't forget to call you when something you might like comes in.

be patient and careful and good luck.
SRV R.I.P.
I've heard good stories, and i've come across awesome deals that I wish I had the cash for them at the time.

One story I heard was back in 1989, this guy bought a 1959 Les Paul (Original) For $400, sold it to the next owner (his friend) for $800. The guy who bought it for $800 still has it and uses it.

Just kinda depends on where you go and stuff. There is a pawn shop site that finds pawn shops near you with items you want (Mind you it doesn't list all pawn shops). I searched their today out of boredom and there's a pawnshop in San Diego I think selling a real nice Gibson Flying V for around $500. So just go out and look and if you don't find anything good, then move on and look elsewhere.

Garage sales are also pretty good. Some people sell good guitars for real real cheap because they just found them in their basement.