New Schecter from Gwar's Cory, Smoot:

I'm actually quite fond of it. It's got a combination of spacey unreality and gothic theatrics!

EDIT: title is wrong.
That's actually not that bad, usually I'm not into those sorts of guitars but that one has a unique paintjob.

Somewhat off topic: Gwar is playing in Calgary, I've never listened to them but aren't they renowned for having an amazing live show? If so, I may go see them for the hell of it if I have the money.
Quote by Pud
That's actually not that bad, usually I'm not into those sorts of guitars but that one has a unique paintjob.

Somewhat off topic: Gwar is playing in Calgary, I've never listened to them but aren't they renowned for having an amazing live show? If so, I may go see them for the hell of it if I have the money.

Yeah, it may be worth it seeing them for the show alone

I like the paintjob on that guitar, although I'd have to see it in person to really decide. Not really digging the shape...
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Gwar puts on one of the best/most disturbing/messy shows that you will ever see. I highly recommend it.... make sure you wear white!

Hm looks like my devil custom with a major cut into it and a different paint job. I approve.
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I think you gotta respect the fact that it's all showy and silly. It's daft... but likeable.

I'm really liking their last few albums
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by no.mop
I'm really liking their last few albums
I can't say I own any of their albums, but I've always enjoyed watching them on Youtube.

For a huge guitar company, Schecter don't seem to fear sigging the more eclectic artisits with their guitars.
Noo.

Btw wasn't he with Dean some months ago?
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
That looks pretty cool...

..apart from the fact the cutaway near the bridge looks like two giant balls.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
SIck looking, id at least consider owning one.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I can't say I own any of their albums, but I've always enjoyed watching them on Youtube.

For a huge guitar company, Schecter don't seem to fear sigging the more eclectic artisits with their guitars.

To be honest i don't think many 'big' guitarists would go with them. Their tone is debateable (i obviously don't like them) and apart from the way they look there are much better guitars out there that someone would want to be sigged by..
i think it looks awful, but my guitar taste is pretty standard really. i'm sure it suits his band and style of music though. however...

this thread would have been so much funnier if the guitar was made by gibson.

imagine the uproar...
any guitarist that looks like that is sure to be super br00talz!!

EDIT: on topic, that really is different then most guitars i've seen. but i stand by my previous statement
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Last edited by flanders_91 at Sep 23, 2009,
Quote by Ikonoklast
To be honest i don't think many 'big' guitarists would go with them. Their tone is debateable (i obviously don't like them) and apart from the way they look there are much better guitars out there that someone would want to be sigged by..
Schecters make decent guitars. The standard models are nothing special, and it's the same with their signature editions. The Jeff Loomis seven string model is a great guitar, though. The Tempest is pretty crack-a-lackin, as well.

I'd say, the company who I'd have sig me (I can dream) would be Mayones, Parker, Blade, Godin, Maverick (if, and when, they come back), or Yamaha.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Schecters make decent guitars. The standard models are nothing special, and it's the same with their signature editions. The Jeff Loomis seven string model is a great guitar, though. The Tempest is pretty crack-a-lackin, as well.

I'd say, the company who I'd have sig me (I can dream) would be Mayones, Parker, Blade, Godin, Maverick (if, and when, they come back), or Yamaha.

They make GOOD guitars, but they're very far from great. Compare their priciest guitar to any PRS and it's a no contest - PRS every time. Even lower end Ibanez's sound better thanany Schecter. Schecters are absolutely BEAUTIFUL looking, but they sound like gash. And music is all about sound. Feel free to link me a decent sounding Schecter on youtube though..
GWAR is awesome live!

and the Paint job on the guitar looks good
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
well, that guitar looks really well suited for GWAR and it would definately be a good collectors item, but no matter how much I like Schecter, you'll never see me playing one of those things.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Ikonoklast

I think the problem is you either get an import or a custom shop. There's no in between like a Japanese or American standard series.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
I think the problem is you either get an import or a custom shop. There's no in between like a Japanese or American standard series.

Well i think they all sound bad. I've heard and played them with good amps, bad amps, high-end models and low-end models and there's always a guitar for less money that sounds a LOT better. In my opinion that makes them crap.
Quote by Ikonoklast
Well i think they all sound bad. I've heard and played them with good amps, bad amps, high-end models and low-end models and there's always a guitar for less money that sounds a LOT better. In my opinion that makes them crap.

hey, if this forum teaches anything, it's opinion. there are always going to be people that love a company and other people that'll hate a company. it's the personal opinion of one's self that determines good tone/playability/feel/everything.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Axeaman
Noo.

Btw wasn't he with Dean some months ago?

The bassist is with Dean. Both guitarists were with ESP as far as I know
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by Simsimius
That looks pretty cool...

..apart from the fact the cutaway near the bridge looks like two giant balls.

looked more like tits to me. just goes to show what we're thinking about
I got the email about this today. I like it depending on how it sounds, plays and price I would consider it. The more unusual the guitar the more I tend to like them.

John
Quote by Ikonoklast
They make GOOD guitars, but they're very far from great. Compare their priciest guitar to any PRS and it's a no contest - PRS every time. Even lower end Ibanez's sound better thanany Schecter. Schecters are absolutely BEAUTIFUL looking, but they sound like gash. And music is all about sound. Feel free to link me a decent sounding Schecter on youtube though..
I wouldn't use Youtube as an example. I've heard awful sounding Framus and Ibanez gear on Youtube. The quality is always bellow par.

The fact of the matter is, Schecter fill a niche. I personally don't own one, and probably will never--although, I did buy an Omen 7 string. It's gone now, though.

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
GWAR is awesome live!

and the Paint job on the guitar looks good
Hey Alfred.

Quote by Green_Jelly
That's my biggest qualm. I've found that Japanese make the best quality-per-money spent. They just seem to know how to create a good deal.

Quote by Ikonoklast
It seems odd that they were all crap. How many models did you try?

I've only played about seven of them in total, and four of them weren't worth the money in my opinion. But the others were worthy of my pennies.
Quote by Ikonoklast

I like them, I liked every single Schecter I played and I believe that they have the best price/quality ratio in beginner/intermediate guitars.

To each his own.
ಠ_ಠ