when i plug in my pod with usb and record, i get pretty good results.

but today out of nowhere when i try to record with it, it just makes these weird popping noises and the recordings come out like the alien noise off of transformers
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Broken guitar cable? Can you record a sample?
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
ok so i got the alien noise worked out. my drivers were not working ight or something...anyway, updated all that and its fine. now when i record i get a popping noise through my speakers. now the way this is set up is my pod is plugged into my comp via usb, and my speakers are plugged into the pod. now the popping only happens when im in a recording program. and it happens with all the speakers and headphones ive tried. but it doesnt show up in the recording. if i unplug the pod and play the track through my comp speakers, there is no popping.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
What have you set your buffer to? Actually what driver are you using? ASIO? If so take a look in the Audio Preferences and increase the buffer size. If not consider downloading ASIO4ALL.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
i use the podxt asio drivers. i also tried the asio4all just for the heck of it but im getting no sound whatsoever with those.

i tried changing all the buffer and sample rates and whatnot, but no luck. still crazy background noise all the time

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Could you record the noise and post it? Might help.
Quote by Tombe