Page 1 of 3
So my two friends and I started to put together a band. Well today I found out that they are deciding to fill my spot (rhytym guitar) with some guy i don't even know, and are telling me to play bass or gtfo. Any thoughts or suggestions on the situation or what i should do?
Gear:
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator
Need a new amp. Any ideas? PM me

Quote by Kensai
Either you got the wrong thread or the gays in your state are very well hung.

Quote by fiend89
not really friends. tell them to gtfo.

its funny because they're my best friends.
Gear:
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator

Quote by Kensai

better learn to play the ****ing bass you **** sucker.

haha jk, i would tell them that you would rather not play the bass and maybe play as a 3rd guitarist? **** idk
Quote by herby190
As a bassist, I'm offended that "play bass" is an insult.

it's not that, its that my friends decided to go behind my back and kick me out the door and offer me only one choice.
Gear:
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator

Quote by Kensai

Quote by metaldud536
Play bass or GTFO.

this,

I think they made themselves pretty clear

and if you GTFO, start your own band with a bunch of elementary schoolers who are insanely good at their instrument, play at the local battle of the bands, and then get second to your original band... But you get an encore, so it's all good
whats wrong with bass?
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Have a guitar duel for the spot. if youre better than the other guy, your friends will see that and keep you(hopefully). Tell them that you dont want to play bass and ask them why they want you to change positions. The only other thing I can think of is raping them, but that doesnt seem like it would help.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Not real friends. GTFO. If you sucked, a friend woul not go behind your back.
Quote by herby190

Good thing you're only a bassist, making your opinion invalid.
Quote by CrzyGuitarist93
Play the bass and accept you're not a musician.

This. Or GTFO

Or you could tell them to go **** themselves.
grow a pair and tell them you started this band, and you're playing rhythm guitar

or play bass

or GTFO
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Bass is a necessary part of the band. Go ahead and learn it, what's better for the band I say, and either way you'd be playing the rhythm, at least this way you're more distinguished than the lead guitar.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Guitar battle! Get your chops up and show them you deserve that guitar spot! Unless you suck and don't deserve it, then play bass. Bass is a fun instrument! It's easier so it allows for more time to run around the stage and rock the **** out. Plus you'll get the guitar girls girlfriend and i'm sure she's at least deese.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
this,

and if you GTFO, start your own band with a bunch of elementary schoolers who are insanely good at their instrument, play at the local battle of the bands, and then get second to your original band... But you get an encore, so it's all good

lol school of rock!

TS, just leave. Your friends sound like douchebags (no offense) and you should definitely let them know that in the most offensive way you know of
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
Good thing you're only a bassist, making your opinion invalid.
Since when are bassists on the same levels as drummers?
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
this,

I saw that movie too man.
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
They probaly think you suck at guitar, if you don't suck at guitar show them that you are good. if you suck, play bass.
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
I mean...I wanna just say F*** YOU! but idk....i could be cool to play bass. But there's another friend of ours who is a talented bass and idk why they decide to move me and not get him. I mean im not that great at guitar, but im decent. I'm getting better and have room to improve. I just don't get it.
Gear:
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator

Quote by Kensai

Quote by herby190

He's not insulted that it's a bass. Would you be insulted if your buddies brought in another bassist and told you to play guitar or you're out of the band?
Quote by Goldenfire88
I mean...I wanna just say F*** YOU! but idk....i could be cool to play bass. But there's another friend of ours who is a talented bass and idk why they decide to move me and not get him. I mean im not that great at guitar, but im decent. I'm getting better and have room to improve. I just don't get it.
Maybe you smell?
Quote by herby190
Maybe you smell?

shower ever day...more than they do to be honest....lulz
Gear:
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator

Quote by Kensai

This almost happened to me. i told them I thought bass was boring. and even the guy they wanted to replace me with was better than me he was unreliable as ****. gradually i got better and now they dont regret keepin me.
Quote by metaldud536
Play bass or GTFO.
Quote by Goldenfire88
So my two friends and I started to put together a band. Well today I found out that they are deciding to fill my spot (rhytym guitar) with some guy i don't even know, and are telling me to play bass or gtfo. Any thoughts or suggestions on the situation or what i should do?
this is the beginning of a long series of decisions you won't have a say in. either get out now, or be prepared for them to make all the decisions.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by maXterbat0r
Play lead bass. That'll show 'em!

What is this i don't even..
Gear:
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator

Quote by Kensai

Quote by SlashYourFug
He's not insulted that it's a bass. Would you be insulted if your buddies brought in another bassist and told you to play guitar or you're out of the band?
I'd just get mad at the drummer.
Have you and the kid switch off bass and guitar for different songs. Thats how we do it in my band. That way no one is stuck with one particular instrument.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
this is the beginning of a long series of decisions you won't have a say in. either get out now, or be prepared for them to make all the decisions.

This is a huge possiblity. And was this a hit on bassists? haha
Gear:
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator

Quote by Kensai

okay thats kinda close but going from bass to guitar is easier than going from guitar to bass.... jsut saying.

i am a bass player. i would find that comment offending if i was you and in your situation( i cant say myself cause i play bass, guitar, drums and other stuff) but your friends are being jerks. they might think that this guy is a whole lot better so that is why they choose him. but they wanted to keep you in the band and not be a bad friend so they told you to pick up bass. if you have already spent alot of money on guitar and a guitar amp (cause you have to buy a bass amp/piano amp to play electric bass properly) you should just back out. bass is a good instrument. it is easy to become acceptable at bass according to most people now if in rock,metal(sometimes), or pop (not jazz, prog, or funk). but to make yourself seem like your good takes a long long time. but you should jsut start another band. or be 3rd guitarist from what i think. if you want to learn bass go ahead. but i would suggest starting another band or become 3rd guitarist because it is better on costs.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Last edited by matosh.lee at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by Goldenfire88
This is a huge possiblity. And was this a hit on bassists? haha
No, not at all. I have huge respect for anyone who can play that damned thing well. I certainly can't.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Page 1 of 3