Just got a base deck for my birthday from a friend as kind of a gag gift. It re-ignited my interest in the pokeman card game.

Bought three booster packs today and lo and behold I found this little ****er in there:

needless to say, I'm pretty ****ing stoked.

Although I'm DEEPLY saddened that I can't find any of my old cards.

So TCG players young, old, current, and former discuss your experiences. Cards you had, battles won and lost, and the like.
I remember when I tried to get into the cards, all I had were 50 Machops and like 3 Fighting Energies That's all. That's all I could ever get my hands on.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
i have an original Charizard

its fake
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I might post a picture of some of my pokemon cards from my collecting days.

It will put everyone to shame.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i have an original Charizard

its fake

Mines real neener neener neener.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
I have a little over 1,000 from the first and second series... I still haven't gotten rid of them. >_>
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
Quote by Shard Prime
I have a little over 1,000 from the first and second series... I still haven't gotten rid of them. >_>

Get with the game, pokenoob.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

Get with the game, pokenoob.

dude post a picture. i wanna see this loll.
Classical Guitarist
When I was 12, I swear to God, I was the Tri-City Pokemon TCG League Grass gym leader. I still have a badge or two left over.

I still have my library, too. A healthy 3000 optimized cards.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I'm sorry Pokemon TCG is the worst pile of feces ever. It was confusing as hell, I don't think me and friends ever played it the correct way. Magic or Pokemon on the gameboy was and still is the way to go.
Quote by PlayMadness
When I was 12, I swear to God, I was the Tri-City Pokemon TCG League Grass gym leader. I still have a badge or two left over.

I still have my library, too. A healthy 3000 optimized cards.

I've got to say, that is a freaking sweet title to hold.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Quote by dark&broken
I always learned how to play all the TCGs... but nobody else ever did. All they did was trade. If ****ing sucked.

I know. I hated actually fighting with people when I was 10 because I thought the energies were useless and I couldn't figure out how to play.

I used to think I was bad-ass because I shelled out $32 for a Blastoise and I figured out a way to defeat Charizard if I ever faced one. I thought I was the ****, haha.
Man, Pokemon has changed so much since my time.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I still have a big binder of pokemon cards somewhere in my room. I took it out and looked at them a few weeks ago for the lulz. Oh the nostalgia.

EDIT: to the guy above me
Yeah I know, those new cards look really friggin goofy. I like the old, more plain ones better
Last edited by Tremolo Bum at Sep 23, 2009,
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Man, Pokemon has changed so much since my time.

Yeah... the first 150, and the original tv series were the ****. The games RBY and GS were awesome, but after that, things just kinda went south... I think they're somewhere around 450-500 pokemon now... it's ****ing stupid. When I was a kid, you could list off every single pokemon, and that was ****ing cool. Now, you do the same and you're the loser with WAY too much time to memorize ****.
Quote by dark&broken
Yeah... the first 150, and the original tv series were the ****. The games RBY and GS were awesome, but after that, things just kinda went south... I think they're somewhere around 450-500 pokemon now... it's ****ing stupid. When I was a kid, you could list off every single pokemon, and that was ****ing cool. Now, you do the same and you're the loser with WAY too much time to memorize ****.

I never liked the show much. I believe the last game I played was crystal. I had guide books to help memorize evolve levels, etc.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Pokemon as the first CCG I tried, and man, it's such a blast. I learned MTG since then. What happened to Pokemon? Is it still fun?
Quote by TheClincher
I give you the lolslope
---
--------
--------------
---------------------

Quote by Trowzaa

I love you.