Anybody else think Death Metal is just lame and sounds all the same?

Page 1 of 2
Seriously, my friend will say "dude! Listen to this song, it sounds so cool!" he'll show me fifty songs and I'll wander "is this a very long song or is it different songs?" because they all sound the same!!!

Its all about Metallica, Megadeth, Pantara, Slayer, Iron Maiden, and all the classic metal that counts.
listen to Suicide Silence.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Screw death metal...just a bunch of wankers wanking off to other wankers wanking...wanking..wanking...WANKING.
obviously you're just ignorant.
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
*hands TS an industrial strength flameshield*
Your gonna need that
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
At least they don't steal music from black blues musicians....

EDIT: This band called Death. They will utterly pwn any and all of the bands you have listed.

Or at least would have.

Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Last edited by ExtremeMetalFTW at Sep 22, 2009,
Dissing on death metal? thats harder to pull together then your old school stuff... stop being so god damn ignorant.
Guitars:
ESP Kirk Hammet KH-2 (The real deal )
Gibson 1979 L.E. Explorer
Gibson SG Standard - FOR SALE
ESP LTD DJ-600 - FOR SALE
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 Kerry King Signature Half Stack
Marshall MG100HDFX Half Stack
Peavy VYPYR
Crate GFX-65
Quote by Rock0nZeppelin
Seriously, my friend will say "dude! Listen to this song, it sounds so cool!" he'll show me fifty songs and I'll wander "is this a very long song or is it different songs?" because they all sound the same!!!

Its all about Metallica, Megadeth, Pantara, Slayer, Iron Maiden, and all the classic metal that counts.

Oh my god, I KNOW! Why can't they all write stuff like Pantera's Angel Of Death? Honestly, that whole album, plus Slayer's Master Of Puppets is the best thing ever!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Please go lock yourself in a box and listen to Zeppelin.
DM is the shit.

And don't capitalize genre names. They're not proper nouns.
oh mah god death metal hurts my ears. why can't they have melodic singing and nice happy lyrics like real bands?
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by dead-fish
Oh my god, I KNOW! Why can't they all write stuff like Pantera's Angel Of Death? Honestly, that whole album, plus Slayer's Master Of Puppets is the best thing ever!

Waiting until some noob rips you apart.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
At least they don't steal music from black blues musicians....

EDIT: This band called Death. They will utterly pwn any and all of the bands you have listed.

Or at least would have.

At least Zeppelin sings, and their guitars actually require skills, and you can differentiate their songs.

Also, Zeppelin only covered four other songs, and they admitted to covering them. They never said they made them up.

Moron.
Quote by dead-fish
Master of Puppets is a Mega Death album u noob!!!
Quote by Rock0nZeppelin
At least Zeppelin sings, and their guitars actually require skills, and you can differentiate their songs.

Also, Zeppelin only covered four other songs, and they admitted to covering them. They never said they made them up.

Moron.

I'm sorry, what were you saying?
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by Magero
Waiting until some noob rips you apart.

Anybody who rips me apart probably doesn't realize that the big four of thrash (Metallica, Dethslayer, Anthrax and Exodus) are the greatest bands ever!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Quote by Rock0nZeppelin

Moron.

Please, show me your cover of a death metal song. it shouldn't be hard right? Since the guitars require no skill and all...
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Quote by Rock0nZeppelin

Moron.

Try playing some Death. Yeah, it isn't the easiest thing around honestly.
It's hilarious how all those bands aren't death metal you idiot. Stop being ignorant
Quote by dead-fish
Anybody who rips me apart probably doesn't realize that the big four of thrash (Metallica, Dethslayer, Anthrax and Exodus) are the greatest bands ever!

i thought the Big Four was Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, and Megadeth??
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Quote by Rock0nZeppelin

Moron.

You are wrong i nall respects.

they admitted to covering four songs, which is fine, everybody does a cover once in a while.

They took traditional blues pieces and called them their own. That is plagiarism and stealing

You don't know what singing is.

sing: to produce musical tones by means of the voice b : to utter words in musical tones and with musical inflections and modulations c : to deliver songs as a trained or professional singer

while harsh, death metal has singing which is focused on low, guttural noises done in a musical matter by varying in pitch, timbre and tone.

Jimmy Page, as great as he is, would fail in respects of tone and speed to most death metal guitarists. Listen to "Lack of Comprehension" by Death, and it's solo is much better than anything by Page.

You can't differentiate the songs because you aren't paying enough attention.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
just because guitar in death metal requires faster playing doesnt make it better, what it comes down to is how good the song sounds

i dont like death metal but i dont wanna add to this flame war so, i'll say this: people have different musical tastes

EDIT: to the guy above me, that thing you said about zeppelin passing bluse songs off as their own, there's songs in blues called blues standards that have been covered so many times no one knows who orgiginaly wrote them
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Last edited by bellamy_morello at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by Fritz621

WINNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

yep
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Looks like Mr.Zeppelin will think twice before questioning death metal :O

Seriously though, he got banned fast, did he troll around any other forums or something?
Quote by Fritz621

You're obviously confused...
Quote by bellamy_morello
just because guitar in death metal requires faster playing doesnt make it better, what it comes down to is how good the song sounds

i dont like death metal but i dont wanna add to this flame war so, i'll say this: people have different musical tastes

The technicality in death metal is unrivaled by most other genres, which was the main argument presented by TS "lack of skill" in death metal.

Whether you like simple pop songs more, to deny the fact that death metal is technically much more advanced and requires much more skill is simply naive.

Not saying one is better, just saying one is more complex.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Rock0nZeppelin

Moron.

hahahahahahaha this made me laugh and extremely pissed at the same time. theyre not talking about damn covers first of all, second, led zeppelin is MUCH MUCH easier to play than Death. trust me i know. im a fan of both and have learned songs by both. metal almost the genre as a whole is one of the hardest genres to play. classic rock/blues is easy. thats why everyone starts out playing blues and classic rock generally. also, singing is neither a plus or negative as a standard. you cant say oh well this band is better because they sing. thats like saying this footbal team/company etc is better because theyre logo has red in it or something.

why cant people be universally accepting and open minded? all these flame wars get started by these kinds of posts, made by ignorant people. just shut up and enjoy your music. if you dont like it, dont listen to it, and dont talk ****. we dont want you to like death metal if youre gonna be a douche about music. we have plenty of other fans of death metal anyway.

btw imo, those posts about master of puppets by megadeth etc, i second those because damn thrash is friggin repetetive. ESPECIALLY the bland generic bands you listed. i mean dont get me wrong i like my thrash from time to time but most songs are chug chug chug ride the low e string scooped mids etc. IMO.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Well, to everyone replying to TS, if you take a look under his user name, it will say a quirky little slogan, "banned" is what it will say.
Quote by dead-fish
You're obviously confused...

You're obviously confused. He's right.

OT: People have different tastes in music. Good music and bad music doesn't exist because everybody likes different bands/genres/etc. So much ignorance in a single thread...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
also, death metal growls is still technically singing, just using the vocal chords in a different way.

and yes we know hes banned were just making points
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by JayT44

You're obviously confused. He's right.

Check...
OT: People have different tastes in music. Good music and bad music doesn't exist because everybody likes different bands/genres/etc. So much ignorance in a single thread...

And mate.

Sorry buddy, but you're waaaaaay more confused than that guy...
Quote by Linqua5150
also, death metal growls is still technically singing, just using the vocal chords in a different way.

and yes we know hes banned were just making points

Fair enough.
Page 1 of 2