Anyone read the book "Scales & Modes IN THE BEGINNING(Created especially for guitarist)" By ron Middlebrook. On page 19 the altered invereals im tabbing it out so i can rread it but i never was taught how to read music professionally so pretty much im tryying to teach it to myself but anyways they got a bunch of goofy looking things ha like F flat? F is not a flat but i no it means E. And Then they will have a double flat which basicly means for me the the note you read is tooken down a whole step i think. Ik what flat and sharp means and i was doing fine bnut i need helo nunder standin g it. Like they have this one symbol that is like a 0 or a O and has a line going on top of it and one line going on bottle. Is that a sharp? or what does it means. Whats really confusing is when they put a X in front of the note. Wtf does x mean? Like alergbra or something anyways can i get some help here?
E and Fb are enharmonic, meaning that they sound the same but have different names.

I'm kinda having trouble understanding the rest of your post, are you asking from a cellphone?
An Fb and double bs are written those ways to 'fit' the key of the piece. It is more correct in musical grammar. It is the same as not using sharps in a flat key. Although notes may be enharmonic, as was stated earlier, when in written form you would use the notes and symbols that are correct for the particular key.
Gibson ES335
Ibanez RG370DXGP
Ibanez SA Series
Fender Acoustic
Marshall JCM800 1-12 split channel
a line on the bottle?..
teehee.. im imagining this cartoon image of a line drunk as hell... kinda looks like 'towel' from that southpark ep.

check if the book has like dictionary type thing at he end... should help
Double sharp and dam differnt sounding for f falt this just gets confusing
Quote by mcr tabs

What?
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane
Quote by mcr tabs

Is English your first language? I can't understand a thing you're saying.
Wow really? the only thing missed up on is f flat everything else can be easily understood by a First grader. Use you context clues like they taught you in school :P
Last edited by mcr tabs at Sep 24, 2009,
Quote by mcr tabs
Wow really? the only thing missed up on is f flat everything else can be easily understood by a First grader. Use you context clues like they taught you in school :P

Fb being enharmonic to E is a more intuitive thing than a stylized x meaning double sharp...