^title^

basically heres what i got from just about EVERY word i got is from the dictionary

the threos of the seraph
intoxicating writhing
subjection to inquity

and then i stoped there cuz i felt like i was cheating....

that took me like 4 seconds to write.... seriously
P.S. this is what the alphabet would look like without the letters Q and R
cheating? how? i dont get the question
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
How is expanding your mind cheating?
Most people on UG aren't very nice.

That is my signature.

This is true.
the threos of the seraph
intoxicating writhing
subjection to inquity

i just now wrote but i got all of those words from the dictionary is that cheating? or not?

and do you like them lol
Why would you use the dictionary? Unless you have a bit of an idea to begin with, your poem isn't going to work. Then, what you would use would be a thesaurus, not a dictionary. I can see getting an idea from seeing an interesting word in a dictionary, but not actually just looking for words. BTW, not to be a spelling nazi, but it's spelled "throes" and "iniquity".
Last edited by tadashi at Sep 22, 2009,
I personally think it's lame when a person uses a dictionary/thesaurus to write something, you can't put any true emotion into the words you're writing down if you're just usings words you've never heard before. I do think it's okay to reference a dictionary if you have somewhat of an understanding of a word you'd be using but are unsure if you're using it correctly.

Just write what you know, don't try and act like you know any "big" words because that just makes you seem like more of a dumbass in general, in my opinion.
Quote by tadashi
Why would you use the dictionary? Unless you have a bit of an idea to begin with, your poem isn't going to work. Then, what you would use would be a thesaurus, not a dictionary. I can see getting an idea from seeing an interesting word in a dictionary, but not actually just looking for words. BTW, not to be a grammar nazi, but it's spelled "throes" and "iniquity".

that would be spelling not grammar lol
Quote by Final
I personally think it's lame when a person uses a dictionary/thesaurus to write something, you can't put any true emotion into the words you're writing down if you're just usings words you've never heard before. I do think it's okay to reference a dictionary if you have somewhat of an understanding of a word you'd be using but are unsure if you're using it correctly.

Just write what you know, don't try and act like you know any "big" words because that just makes you seem like more of a dumbass in general, in my opinion.

thats why i felt like i was cheating i guess hahaha
Quote by Final

This. Also keep in mind that if the reader needs to constantly consult a dictionary just to understand what you're saying then they won't enjoy it anyways.
Quote by The Jake
that would be spelling not grammar lol

Correction: "That would be spelling, not grammar."
Now I'm being a grammar nazi.
EDIT: But seriously, the way that you spelled them would result in a totally different pronunciation. The fact that you don't even know their pronunciations is a clear sign that you shouldn't be using those words. Also, there are a lot of words with subtle meanings that are only conveyed through seeing them in the context of a book.
Last edited by tadashi at Sep 22, 2009,
Quote by tadashi
Correction: "That would be spelling, not grammar."
Now I'm being a grammar nazi.
EDIT: But seriously, the way that you spelled them would result in a totally different pronunciation. The fact that you don't even know their pronunciations is a clear sign that you shouldn't be using those words. Also, there are a lot of words with subtle meanings that are only conveyed through seeing them in the context of a book.

your all just a bunch of correction Nazis!!!!!! :P
Quote by Final
We all just have a general grasp on the English language.

ya with that we dont really NEED grammer
I think it's funny that you used a dictionary but still misspelled "using."

*back to my lurking hole*
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
I think it's funny that you used a dictionary but still misspelled "using."

*back to my lurking hole*

or the fact that i mispell justabout every word but all well when u say it out lound its not spelled wrong so suck it lol
Rhyme Dictionary. get it. love it.
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff
It's not "cheating", but I don't think it's a particularly good way to write, and I think it could quite likely end up harming your progress as a writer.