Hey my band is performing at this festival type gig and i was wondering what rock songs are fairly simple that have a kick ass solo. van halen is kinda out of the question since we already covered that.
Quote by BK202
Its Not Safe To Swim Today- Veil Of Maya

where, oh where the fuck is there a solo in this song? If I recall correctly, there is a single sweep towards the end, and that is it.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
where, oh where the fuck is there a solo in this song? If I recall correctly, there is a single sweep towards the end, and that is it.

I always kind of thought of the short bits where there's just instrumentation as kind of difficult to remember. There's no solo per se, but it is difficult if you're not used to that kind of style.
so he was looking for a "fairly simple song with a kick ass solo", and you gave him neither?

Sumdeus
November rain all the 3 solo's are just awesome gonna own them in a while xD
Quote by romencer17
so he was looking for a "fairly simple song with a kick ass solo", and you gave him neither?

I'm trying to get the classic rock kid to look at deathcore. When people ask for simple songs to learn, I give them some of the most technical prog or deathcore songs I know how to play. It shocks them to think that that's easy, and then they think I'm really good .
but deathcore IS easy.... might as well give the guy some gorod or necrophagist

Sumdeus
slow ride by foghat is always a good one, bob seger, some of these songs are tougher, but they are all blues based so you can strip them down very easily
what kind of songs did you want more specifically? hair metal, classic rock? I really don't know what you want
thanks, oh and also, the songs have to be vocally simple, too

btw, i listen to Suicide Silence, Bring Me the Horizon so i know about deathcore
those two bands are horrible. if you want deathcore listen to Animosity or All Shall Perish.

Sumdeus