Hey everyone. Todays' been a pretty ****ty day, and most of my normal methods of dealing with it didn't work, but when I got to writing my essay for AP English, I actually felt better.

It's an essay discussing Ralph Waldo Emerson's philosophy on education. I know this is boring to a lot of people, but I'm a huge philosophy buff, and I want to go into literary arts anyway, so this assignment is actually pretty good for me. Anyways, when I'm upset, I usually jot down little tidbits of poetry or musings, and the occasional haiku, but this time those didn't cut it. Oddly enough, doing the assignment made me feel better.

So, pit, I ask you, what do you find cathartic? Anything unusual?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
what does cathartic mean ?
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
*googles cathartic*

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
****ting on a kitten while saying the Hail Mary. Don't know it till you tried it.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by bender424
what does cathartic mean ?

I'll spare you the "lern2google."

Basically, if something is cathartic, it is an outlet for emotional release. It can involve emotional healing too. My writing is cathartic because it makes me feel better when I'm down.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I'll spare you the "lern2google."

Basically, if something is cathartic, it is an outlet for emotional release. It can involve emotional healing too. My writing is cathartic because it makes me feel better when I'm down.

Music. Listening to it, writing lyrics/poems, playing guitar, etc. Possibilities are endless.

/thread

EDIT: to post below me.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Sep 22, 2009,
inb4 musik

edit: FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Last edited by speakers at Sep 22, 2009,
I see

so for me, alchool is cathartic ... I'm alchoolic and alone, hurray
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by JayT44
Music

/thread

This.

/ /thread.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
When I'm angry, I write long, angry letters to the person who I'm mad at it. Sometimes I have to do it multiple times, but after a while the lettters start getting less angry and then I think stuff over calmly.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Sep 22, 2009,