I'm adding some minor customizations to my guitar to make it look less generic. I love my guitar but I want to make it mine I suppose. I've changed the knobs to black and ordered some black pickup covers . I'm thinking of some sort of darker pickguard but I cant' figure out what would look best. I'm wondering what you guys think.

A Couple Pics, sry bad resolution :/

Last edited by Naptime at Sep 23, 2009,
do a blackout strat
that or a blue or red pickguard.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
I'm putting a brushed aluminum diamond plate guard on my black Strat. With HH config and Mustang/Jazzmaster-style knobs.

Polished aluminum would match the other hardware better though.

You could also get annodized or powdercoated black, then do the same for your jackplate, trem, whammy bar, and tuners. A black Graphtech Tusq nut, string T, and maybe even saddles, would also go well with the look.

Sharp Concepts is a great source for custom pick guards. They'll make a trem cavity cover for you too, if you like (if you don't just keep it off).

These are the same guys that did Dexter's diamond plate guitars & many more famous guitars.

Or if you have a jigsaw, a drill, and a file, you can cut your own out of a $20 sheet of the stuff from Home Depot.
Last edited by jetwash69 at Sep 23, 2009,
Gold MIrror.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I say go down the black anodized pickguard route. WD music do some that are pretty sharp.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.

Not exactly original, but it kicks ass.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
Quote by ATLstang

Not exactly original, but it kicks ass.

Hrm, that does look really good. I keep looking into colors but I can't decide on any scheme so black and white variations. I like the all black with some white. I may get some white pickup covers. I really like when the coils are hidden.