ohaithur...

Thanks for reading, first off, I'm buying a new guitar (ftw), but I wasn't sure what to get...

Unfortunately, I like in Hicktown, Iowa, and I can't really get to any place to try a guitar, but I'll tell you what I want.

Okay...you know that glossy finish that likes to stick to you when you get a little sweaty...? Yeah, I'd prefer none of that...

Fixed bridge
7-strings (preferred)
24 frets
2 humbuckers
String-through body
Neck through construction (long shot, in my price range...)
Color doesn't matter to me...as long as it's not like...bright pink...
<$500

I know, I have high standards...

Anyways, any ideas will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Last edited by The.new.guy at Sep 23, 2009,
Maybe you could pick up a used Ibanez Xiphos XPT 7 string for around that price. You'd have to block or replace the trem, though.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Hey mate I know it's out of your budget but this is probably one of the best contenders around http://www.rondomusic.com/septor727tribalbluemn.html

edit: though it has a glossy finish, but some steel wool and careful sanding can get rid of that problem.

I'm a little skeptical about those Agile guitars. Although I've never heard anything bad about them, I've never really heard any good about them either...
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Sep 23, 2009,
dosent the 7 string xiphos come with a hardtail??
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Non-Prestige Ibanez guitars tend to have no "gloss" on the necks.

Ibanez RG7321 is all I can think of in my tired state, although it's not string-through and is bolt-on.

@jetwash69, the Xiphos has a finished neck.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Duke: the XPT707FX is hardtail. I thought there was a regular 707 version available because I saw a youtube vid of someone doing whammy abuse on a Xiphos 7-string, but perhaps it was modded, perhaps it was from their custom shop, or maybe it was a prototype. +1 for the New Guy

No.mop: Yeah, they do. Some Xiphoses are available in a flat finish; I'm not sure if the "Grey Chameleon" is flat or gloss. My 6-string is gloss, but I keep the neck polished, so it doesn't have those stickiness issues. Also, as others have mentioned, that's easy to fix anyway.

I use the Gibson spray polish with a microfiber cloth.
Last edited by jetwash69 at Sep 23, 2009,
I saw a vid where someone had a 27 fret xiphos with a matte green finish
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250