http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPwd59BbGHM

I put my 1st cover up on youtube and it would be great if you guys could watch it. It;s (sic) by Slipknot and if this is in the wrong forum I don't mind it being moved I just figured because it was an electric guitar cover anyway tell me what you guys think
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
i can't tell if it's you or just the song.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
what do you mean you cant tell if its me or the song and you dont know whats going on?? as in it sucks or.......
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
:O sound quality kinda thing???
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
more feedback would be appreciated
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Hard to differentiate between your playing and the song playing in the background. The nature of the song itself also makes it difficult to rate.
OK now i get what the other guys were saying I think riffs aren't really complex enough to make a judgment and bad sound quality or am I wrong again??
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Well from what I saw, your picking hand looks rather awkward there and you're not so efficient with note fingerings but I can't really judge your skill from a simple song like that.

Sound quality doesn't really matter so much as long as we can hear you in the clip, which was a bit difficult to do because the actual song was too loud.
ok thanks I'm still a noob I just wanted to do one for the hell of it and next time I will turn the actual song down
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
also, pick a better song next time you want someone to "rate your playing"

hint: someone tell me if i'm wrong, but i'm under the impression that slipknot isn't exactly a respected band among serious guitarists.

i'm not saying anything about your music taste, i'm saying that you could probably find a metal song to cover that more people will care about watching the whole way through, that is still reasonably possible for someone new like you to play.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Sep 23, 2009,
you need to turn the backing track down, and the guitar up, to me it looked like you were miming, basically i couldn`t hear you.
ok once again thanks for the tips I guess your right that I should have picked a more complex song for "rate my playing" but as I said I mainly just done it for the hell of it and I will turn down the song next time lol and I kinda don't care if Slipknot isn't respected among serious guitarists Ive been listening to them much longer then Ive been playing (I don't wanna start a flame war about it its just my opinion)
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Last edited by dukeofmetal at Sep 23, 2009,
what you choose to play is your business whilst i`m not a slipknot fan (can`t stand them actually) i won`t berate you over whatever song you play.
Quote by steve!
3/10

I know all I actually asked was that people did was rate me and seeing is your the first that actually did it thanks but what should I improve on???
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Really if you want people to rate you then play a song that isn't the same repeated riff over and over that is really easy to play.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by dukeofmetal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPwd59BbGHM

I put my 1st cover up on youtube and it would be great if you guys could watch it. It;s (sic) by Slipknot and if this is in the wrong forum I don't mind it being moved I just figured because it was an electric guitar cover anyway tell me what you guys think

how long have you been playing for??
My Gear
Guitars
Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3
Randall 2x12 Extension Cab

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt
9 months but I think I could have done something more difficult its just that was what I was doing at the time
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
For 9 months, it isn't bad.

It's a really simple song, so it's not really a good way to judge your playing.
But, your playing did look a bit sloppy. I think you need to practice more.

Also, your picking hand really bothered me. They way you hold the pick isn't really 'standard', and seems to be limiting your playing [But, it was hard to tell if it was actually limiting you as I could barely hear you].
I recommend making a new video with no backing track - just you playing on your own.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Aside from the initial pick attack it is hard to hear your guitar. Whenever you do a big upward shift your timing is thrown off a little bit - I would try to fix that.

I would also hold your hand lower, almost over top of the bridge. It will make faster palm muting much more natural and less stressful to your arm.
Quote by dukeofmetal
I know all I actually asked was that people did was rate me and seeing is your the first that actually did it thanks but what should I improve on???

you may be much better then this but as your playing a simple song and im presuming its the hardest one you can play
perhaps learn scales and try songs u like
you can get plenty of advice on here on what to do
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
The song you're playing is actually really really repetitive. Try a song that has lots of different riffs.
ok once again thanks for the input and @vlasco by lower I will try that because I find palm muting kind of annoying but that just seems to be how my picking hand is I never really thought about it but as far as a more complex song goes my mate recommended Davidian by machine head I've only heard it a couple times so I cant really remember how it goes but does that have a wider variety of riffs in it???
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
You should try something less repetitive, and also turning the volume down of the backing track
Also, are you already in the Cort user group?
yea mate im already in the Cort user group and Ive already been told to turn down the backing track and do something less repetitive lol but thanks none the less
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Slipknot isnt a bad band, but they're not tech whizzes. vid quality sucks tbh
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
yea ino webcam i dont own a video camera and if i did i go out to buy one i would probably come home with a wah wah pedal
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Quote by dukeofmetal
yea ino webcam i dont own a video camera and if i did i go out to buy one i would probably come home with a wah wah pedal

Vox Tonelab ST. NOW!!
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
nah first me needs a gooder amp
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250