My birthday was the 20th, and between then and the 20th I've gotten some awesome stuff from some awesome people. First up is a Peavey Tour 410 cabinet. My current rig is one that I share with my dad, so he and my brother decided to get me started on one that I can really call my own. This thing was sitting in GC, barely used, for $300. I'm still not sure how I'm going to fill out the rest...maybe a BX1200. But till then this is a great start. It's a ported 410 with neo speakers, rated at 1600W.

Second is my new baby, a Schecter Stiletto Studio 5. It has a Bubinga/Maple body, Walnut/Maple neck, and EMG-HZ pickups with a 3-band preamp. It's also 35", which makes my happy. My fiancee got this for me with some of her return check from college...she'd decided that she had to outdo last year's Metallica tickets. I'd say she succeeded! This thing is awesome. The sound is nice and crisp, with plenty of tonal options from the preamp, the neck is smooth and fast, the action is low, and the build quality is impeccable. She even got strap locks and a nice leather Levy's strap! Of course, this means I've got to get her something awesome for her birthday...which is also valentine's day...lol. Help?

I wish the pics were better...this is the best I could do with a cameraphone and GIMP. It really doesn't do this thing justice.

Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Sep 23, 2009,
Happy birthday!
Did your girlfriend pick out the bass by herself?, if so, wow

What happened to the SX
nice rig, the schechter just looks goddamn epic xD.Im torn between a Laney,Ampeg Mini stack or an Ashdown for my next amp right now xD.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
woah that bass is nice, and thats saying something

HNGD!
Woot! New Zealand...
^ Indeed.

Thanks all, it really has been a great birthday.

Quote by Bass First
Happy birthday!
Did your girlfriend pick out the bass by herself?, if so, wow

What happened to the SX

*Fiancee
And no, she had some help from my brother, who also plays bass. She had the general idea in mind though. She remembered me loving the feel of a Peavey Cirrus, which looked, sounded, and felt similar to this. (but was much more expensive!) She did get the strap and straplocks on her own though.

I still have the SX, and my Squier and ABG, but they're taking a back seat for a while.

edit:
Just noticed my title fail I should have been asleep instead of awake at 4:30 posting about this stuff....haha. I think I'll be heading to bed now.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Sep 23, 2009,
So a great birthday in all.

Your family has exquisite taste in presents.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Happy Birthday and very nice gear! You're one lucky man all round!

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Nice birthday.

Oh, btw, my birthday is the day before Valentine's Day, so you're going to be financially buggered that month

Well mine's in the beginning of March, with no visible financial obligations, so I expect something rather nice from you lot.
Quote by anarkee
Well mine's in the beginning of March, with no visible financial obligations, so I expect something rather nice from you lot.

My birthday is also in the beginning of March. I expect at least $1000 worth of gear (more would be appreciated.)
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Nice new stuff!

Question: How does the Carvin head sound? I've been looking for a powerful cheapish stack, and have had my eyes on that for a while.
lol, my birthdays also in march, but don't worry, i'm not expecting anything, haha.

awesome gear man, i wish my family would give me such epic musical presents. my girlfriend bought me a ukulele last year though, which was awesome.
I hate you so much, Im starting to see something wrong here though, it seems americans are rich yet everything is cheap and easy to get, HUH
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I'm jealous, that's a really nice rig upgrade. Happy birthday too btw, have a beer on me:

Quote by fatgoogle
I hate you so much, Im starting to see something wrong here though, it seems americans are rich yet everything is cheap and easy to get, HUH

maybe they have more money because everything is cheaper?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Last edited by shinhoman at Sep 23, 2009,
wow, nice (I wish I'd get the same for my birthday ^^)

I know it doesn't matter that much, but the strap fits awesomely with the bass
LOLOLOL ur fionce got u a gud bass for ur bday. me n my fionce hate Fenders.

But really, happy birthday. I stopped reading after I saw Schecter, cos I knew then that you got a bass you're satisfied with. : Nice cab too.

And Tam deserves a sick birthday gift more than any other bass forumer. Ben can go jerk it to his Warwick. Bastard.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Happy birthday, and congrats on the rig and that dead sexy bass there
I present to you a birthday cupcake

Question: how heavy is that bass shaped piece of epic win?
Happy birthday. Same as the day my girlfriend got together.

I wish I had that 5 string Schecter, I love my 4 string.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Wow...lot's of questions!

Thanks, all of you

Quote by Alex Vik
Nice new stuff!

Question: How does the Carvin head sound? I've been looking for a powerful cheapish stack, and have had my eyes on that for a while.

Thanks

It sounds good...it's nice and clear and can hit almost literally any tone you want. I've been able to make it mimic everything from a SansAmp BDDI to a Hartke.

Quote by Tostitos
Happy birthday, and congrats on the rig and that dead sexy bass there
I present to you a birthday cupcake
Question: how heavy is that bass shaped piece of epic win?

Yay cupcakes!

It's actually pretty heavy. I mean it's not terrible, but it's not the lightest thing I've ever played either. It balances well though, and has great contours, so it's comfy. Plus, I like heavier basses anyway...I guess they just feel more solid. I dunno.

Quote by Djaydjay
I know it doesn't matter that much, but the strap fits awesomely with the bass

Thanks! It does, doesn't it? I'm quite proud of that...she did good.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Sep 24, 2009,