Poll: How do you get music albums?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you get music albums?
I download from the internet for free or get a copy from my friends
18 51%
I purchase songs in mp3 format through the internet
3 9%
I purchase full albums (CD) from shops, internet etc.
22 63%
It depends on the artist
14 40%
It depends on the album
9 26%
Voters: 35.
Quote by atroxus
what a f**** useless post lol. I'm amazed^^

Actually it is important especially for new bands to know what to expect before investing money to release an album my friend.
When artists realise what a buttrape signing to a major label is, and start releasing their own music, then they will sell more music.
I also still purchase CDs. I like listening to a album in proportion the way it was intended to be delivered by the artist! You know alot of time and thought are spent on determining track order and which songs complement each other, they are not just tossed together at random. And there is also usually a message or concept behind the progression throughout the songs on the album. Not to mention that CD quality music is still superior to compressed mp3s at any kbs, and that if people rather listen to single songs and do not give the rest of the material a chance. Then they are obviously not a fan and listen to music blindly, if their is such a term....
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
Last edited by zuckuss00 at Sep 26, 2009,
i rarely buy anything, mostly because I don't have the funds, but I think it's important to have full albums. You need to see the big picture that the artist intended for you to see
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
I buy about 6-8 full albums a year. I go on Itunes and download 2-3 songs from albums because you can't afford evry good cd that comes out. Sometimes I burn cds from other people
I generally buy CDs, sometimes vinyls. I did a lot of downloading when I was younger, but then I got a job, which provided me with the funds to actually buy music.

I still download occasionally, but I buy most of the time. Not for any ethical reasons, really, just because I'm a nerd and like to own the album. To me, paying for mp3's that you could just as easily get for free is silly.

I don't mind throwing down $10-$12 for an album, but I rarely pay more, unless I really like that artist and I know that I won't see that CD anywhere else or at a lower price. Luckily, I'm a good shopper. For example, I waited until 21st Century Breakdown went on sale and bought it for $9.99 at Newbury Comics. I went into Border's that same day, and it was $18.99! What kind of chumps pay $18.99 for a CD?!
I am really thankful to those of you who took the time to write comments about this topic. It is really good to see that there are still many people who actually like to get the original album and understand the whole idea. I also understand the people who do not want to spend 20 bucks to listen to just one song in a 10-15 track album. And I think actually purchasing one or two songs from iTunes etc for 0.99 c should make sense at that point.
Quote by transylvania75
I am really thankful to those of you who took the time to write comments about this topic. It is really good to see that there are still many people who actually like to get the original album and understand the whole idea. I also understand the people who do not want to spend 20 bucks to listen to just one song in a 10-15 track album. And I think actually purchasing one or two songs from iTunes etc for 0.99 c should make sense at that point.

Maybe if they bought the album they'd listen to more then one track off it.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.