Hello Ultimate Guitarists,
So the first guitar I ever bought was an acoustic [Fender DG14S] and after years updating my electric rig, I've decided to show some love to the softer side of guitar and improve my acoustic situation.

I'm leaning towards a Maton EM325C, which is roughly $1500 Australian.

If anyone has any opinions on it / comments about it / suggestions for better guitars in the range, I'd love to hear them!

[Down the line I'll be getting a Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver DI and a mixer for recording demo stuff with; maybe I'll even get a PA speaker and start doing acoustic 'corner of the pub' gigs to bring in some more money.]
there a good quality guitar and they have a nice full sound. try one
Yeah I'm going to play one this weekend [as soon as I get these damn uni essays out of my way], but I don't really know much about acoustics so I thought I'd get some opinions.

Found some reviews, which were kinda helpful.

And I spent many family holidays in Mildura, which kinda makes us brothers.
cool your now my bro
have you looked at cort guitars, there really good value for money. iv had one, no idea what model but it cost me $2000, and its lasted me almost 7 years now
I haven't yet, but I'll check them out. My bass player has a five-string fretless Cort and that thing is awesome; so... so I guess they'd be awesome, haha!

Thanks bro!
I have a Maton 225 and absolutely love it. I tried a lot of guitars when I bought it and it blew the rest away, inlcuding some that cost a lot more. I also tried the 325 and couldn't actually find a huge differnence in sound between the 225 I bought and the 325, so saved myself $500 for other goodies (although some of the 225s I tried were better than others so there seems to be a bit of inconsistency there).

If you are in AU the other obvious choice to try is the Cole Clarke FL1, although I preferred the sound of the Maton
The 325 is overpriced imo.

Are electronics and a cutaway necessary?
Quote by shelf
I have a Maton 225 and absolutely love it. I tried a lot of guitars when I bought it and it blew the rest away, inlcuding some that cost a lot more. I also tried the 325 and couldn't actually find a huge differnence in sound between the 225 I bought and the 325, so saved myself $500 for other goodies (although some of the 225s I tried were better than others so there seems to be a bit of inconsistency there).

If you are in AU the other obvious choice to try is the Cole Clarke FL1, although I preferred the sound of the Maton

I'll check out the 225. Saving $500 would be pretty rad. Except I'd spend it on the Sansamp Para Driver DI straight away, haha.

Quote by tom183
The 325 is overpriced imo.

Are electronics and a cutaway necessary?

Why do you reckon it's overpriced? Nothing's necessary, but it's what I'm looking for!
Definitely have a play of the Cole Clark Fat Ladys if they are at the guitar shop as well.
I prefer Cole Clark over Maton but it is a personal preference.
Why do you reckon it's overpriced? Nothing's necessary, but it's what I'm looking for!

It solid top only. For that price you definitely want a guitar that has solid back and sides aswell.