Whenever I plug in my DF7, I get an on-and-off crackling sound. Half the time the sound goes off altogether. If I turn on the distortion, I can hear a faint, slightly oerdriven sound(this is with the MT2 model on max gain). However the sound is consistent if I directly plug into the amp. I' not running on batteries-I'm using a locally made adapter instead of the Harman PSR2000 that is reccomended on the back of the pedal. Is that the problem? If so, will shifting to batteries fix it?
Hmm... If your adapter is pumping in excess amps, that will create a bit of noise. You should try batteries. If the noise goes away, buy the recommended adapter.
EDIT: It is strange that everyone who I hear from in Calcutta has something "locally made". What's up with that?
Last edited by chiliwillifreak at Sep 23, 2009,
Quote by chiliwillifreak
Hmm... If your adapter is pumping in excess amps, that will create a bit of noise. You should try batteries. If the noise goes away, buy the recommended adapter.
EDIT: It is strange that everyone who I hear from in Calcutta has something "locally made". What's up with that?

Its not noise in the normal sense....more a crackling from the sound going on and off. With the pedal, even moving the guitar makes the sound go on/off. Doesnt happen with direct-to-amp.

Most people here are casual guitarists, the sort who buy guitars beacuse
A)they want to look romantic/cool
B) Because their parents told them to play

So they buy local stuff. I am sure they have never even heard of Ibanez/Fender/(put guitar related brand here)

Only hard core metalheads/rockers/guitar fanatics buy imported brands. An LTD 100 series isn't eaxctly high end-here its the sorta stuff people kill for. Seasoned pros here use MG 100's and Spider III's. Almost everyone uses zoom 505's/G2's. The priciest MFX I have ever seen is a Korg AX3000. Owning anything with an ESP logo or a Boss logo instantly gives you celebrity status.

And how do I open the back of the pedal?