i had a thread on here yesterday and it got little response, so i'm going to try again. basically i'm helping my younger brother try and find his first electric guitar. he plays all types of rock and some metal. he has a budget of about €250, £225 or $370 us, he would be prepared to go upto €300 ,£270 or $440 if a good deal could be found.
i've suggested 3 guitars and he like the looks of them, and they are:
1.ibanez grgr121ex
2.cort m200
3.dean vendetta xm
he would preferably like to spend as little as possible.
i'm going to give him my old tenson scream 15 amp as i'm replacing it with a vox vt30. he can not realy go used as he is very busy as he has exams this year and is heavily involved in sport at weekends, and i would like to get my amp with the guitar to try and get a discount on it as we would be buying so much.
he is open to suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated.
Ibanez are famous for their awesome low ends.

Agile makes some extremely neat guitars at insanely low prices (they are a very small company, and they sell them directly, so there are zero other companies that get their "cut of the price". Im getting one for christmas myself.
Check them out at www.rondomusic.com -> I'd go for an AL-3100 (les paul copy).

EDIT: grammar and terminology (i'm not a native english speaker )
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Quote by Eskil Rask
Ibanez are famous for their awesome low ends.

Agile makes some extremely neat guitars at insanely low prices (they are a very small company, and they sell them directly, so there are zero other companies that get their "cut of the price". Im getting one for christmas myself.
Check them out at www.rondomusic.com -> I'd go for an AL-3100 (les paul copy).

EDIT: grammar and terminology (i'm not a native english speaker )

he can't get an agile as we live in ireland
I'd say get the dean vendetta xm, or an Epiphone G400.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by britishsligean
he can't get an agile as we live in ireland

Can't you just order it overseas?
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Quote by Eskil Rask
Can't you just order it overseas?

as far as i know you can only get them in america and it would cost nearly as much as the guitar to import one
Quote by Simsimius
I'd say get the dean vendetta xm, or an Epiphone G400.

he doesn't want a g-400 seeing as i've got one and doesn't like sg's that much, he likes fat strats though
Quote by britishsligean
he doesn't want a g-400 seeing as i've got one and doesn't like sg's that much, he likes fat strats though

Well, the dean looks pretty good.
I'd have gone for that.

But, if you can save up just a little bit more, you can get him an Ibanez s320 [mahogany body, a fantastic trem, thin neck], but it may be too good for a beginner?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Well, the dean looks pretty good.
I'd have gone for that.

But, if you can save up just a little bit more, you can get him an Ibanez s320 [mahogany body, a fantastic trem, thin neck], but it may be too good for a beginner?

he doesn't want a guitar with a trem and i agree with him, as i find they are a pain to keep in tune and they are a pain to restring