Poll: What are your views on Nickelback?
Poll Options
View poll results: What are your views on Nickelback?
ROCK ON! Chad Kroegers voice is so beatiful. HEAVY METAL!
2 3%
i can listen to them
21 28%
Dont like them
25 33%
Pain is preferrable
28 37%
Voters: 76.
Ok well personally i cant stand their generic machinated etheral crap

but some people can

so lets take a sample of the UG community (who usually know what their talking about) and see how many people actually enjoy listening to them

p.s. sorry about posting this in the rock forum, no where else wanted it...

EDIT: Poll is now up
Guitar - The true Religion
Last edited by AusMetal33 at Sep 23, 2009,
absolutely hate it.

it's uninspiring to me.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
i used to like them...

then i discovered music.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(")

I met this chick in a bar in Sao Palo. She was drop dead gorgeous. Soft spoken, intelligent, willing.
Ya he was a let down alright.

i ROFLed
Oh dear, this will not end well.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
there old stuff used to actually be quite good but the new album kinda sold the hi we will play what ever the label tells us to because we will sell millions
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
I still think Silver Side Up is an excellent album, and if a song from it comes up on shuffle, I won't change it.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I just don't understand why they're on roadrunner :S
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
I quite like some of their acoustic-y songs, and the guy has a decent voice. Not a fan of their heavier stuff though (as in, heavier than their acoustic-y stuff).

I saw them live earlier in the year, with Black Stone Cherry supporting, and they were pretty good. Well, I'd go again, at least.

EDIT: "Rockstar" should be taken out and shot.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
The old stuff is pretty good, I occasionally listen to them.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I still hate Theory of a Deadman more, but I don't like Nickelback. A few of their older songs are alright, but after they released that album with Rockstar on it I couldn't stand to listen to them.

Anyone else notice that most of their songs use the same 4 power chords, just in different tunings?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I puke when I hear them. Chad Kroeger is the reason I shop at Walmart....

....jk. not my cup of tea, if you like nickleback I'm not gonna stone you, but I don't like them one bit. lol
We will wear compassion. We will wear it,
and the gates of hell won't stand against it.
I'd come for yoooouuu, no one but yooooouu

No thanks.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
I always thought they were alright (not great), and never saw why so many people hated them. That is until their last record came out-now I see why.
Quote by soundgarden19
The old stuff is pretty good, I occasionally listen to them.

This.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by AusMetal33
(who usually know what their talking about)

I never know.

But I think that here it goes:

That says it all.
They're ok. The heavier songs on the albums are decent rock songs. Yeah they aren't Tool or anything, but so what?

Bush's debut is pretty amazing, and I have Puddle of Mudd's 'Coming Clean' album(good stuff).
Last edited by guitarhero_764 at Sep 23, 2009,
Quote by Fiire
I never know.

But I think that here it goes:

That says it all.

Puddle of Mudd's Come Clean album was actually not that bad, I saw them back in 03 which was my first show.

Am I the only one that thinks of Chad Kroger being hunted by Terminators when reading the title of this thread?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I recently found out my AUnt and uncle went to a Nickelback concert, i contemplated suicide that night..... I wouldnt go to one of their shows if the tickets were free and i was paid $50.
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
I can't listen to them. Their songs just seem too forced to me, predictable lyrics, and that same fake raspy voice.
And in an interview Chad Kroeger says hes just plays for money
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
Chad has a good voice. I hate their singles, but listening to a full album they have a lot of good songs that most people havent heard of. I voted I can listen to them
Quote by zakky_s

Maybe there's a skill to writing songs that sound EXACTLY the same and keeping naive people (your fans) from noticing it.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Some songs are awful (Rock Star, Photograph, and that really poppy single from Dark Horse). But they do have songs that I like. Overall, I don't think they're that bad.
Quote by scowley
i used to like them...

then i discovered music.

This, pretty much. I liked them when I was 12.

Also, that youtube video is pretty cool.
I voted "I can listen to them"

I don't mind them, but I really don't care to hear them very much. I have 2 of their albums and I've listened to them a fair amount, but with all the radio play they get, all the singles they release...I just got sick of them.

I do think they have some cool riffs.

Many more worse bands out there IMO.
Used to love them, then i listened to real music. I really regret liking them because i LOVED Nickelback. I despise them now.