Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Sep 23, 2009,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
should of used the searcbar before starting a thread, there`s a identical thread running.

It would help if that thread mentioned Gibson and/or Hendrix in its original post
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by ibanezgod1973
should of used the searcbar before starting a thread, there`s a identical thread running.

provide a link
The thing that worries me most, is now when some punk says they played a Gibson stratocaster... There's a chance they wont be lying -_-

What'll be next, a fender Les Paul?
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
The thing that worries me most, is now when some punk says they played a Gibson stratocaster... There's a chance they wont be lying -_-

What'll be next, a fender Les Paul?

It's funny you say that, as it exists to a certain extent...

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/graphics/articles/reports/2006/id_51xxxx_300x575.jpg
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Wow... just wow. I hope this is a little better then those first act guitar packages, although looking at the price it probably won't.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Quote by Jesstaa

like that one?
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
Ibanez have been making stratocasters for years
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by TomG10-7
That is a Telecaster, how is it like a fender LP to any extent?

i see his point but no.....just no....control wise and pickup setup, obviously yes....sound and feel.....no but i wont bash him
Quote by TomG10-7
That is a Telecaster, how is it like a fender LP to any extent?

HH, same control layout.
But other then that it's different. It was the only thing I could think of that time, so lay off me
But there are mahogany versions too..
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Oh Dear
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
It thought they'd have done the jimi flying v, instead they copy... disappointed...
Wow... so they're finally going after a share of the low-end strat market and trying to angle it by putting Hendrix on the box... an interesting move but I can't honestly say it's one I think much of but hey, if Gibson are willing to copy Fender at last (or again?) they might just break with tradition and make something interesting that I actually like in future...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yes, another long reply from me. Some of the new stuff in these is news to me (The other topic talked solely about the guitar, not a whole package.)

First of all, Jimi would never want this done. He wouldn't want Gibson making Fender and Fender making Gibson, he played each instrument because he liked the sounds of them.

Let's quote some of my favorite lines, shall we?

Quote by Janie Hendrix
"I guess I would have to quote my dad, and my father would say, Well, we own it."

First of all, Jimi and his father had so much tension between them it was incredible. Jimi's father was never proud of Jimi. Hell, after Jimi left his house and the army and went to England, it wasn't till 8-10 years later that he went to visit his family. Everytime he'd call his dad, his dad would always start crap.

Second of all. Jimi's blood brother, Leon, has nothing of Jimi's legacy. They cut him out because he was going through rehab for his drug addiction and they thought they he'd use all the money to support his addiction. In all actuality, Jimi loved his brother more than anyone, and protected his brother from their father. He also remained in contact with Leon before even seeing his father again.

Quote by Janie Hendrix
"I don't see anything wrong with creating a beautiful musical instrument that's also art."

It's not even art. Hendrix made art, especially in his music. His guitars that he painted himself were the things of art. The least they could have done was painted it in a psychadelic way that Jimi would have had it. It's turning out like signature guitars, which I have no problem with because sometimes signature guitars have certain features that standard guitars might not have. Though, this is a signature package. First, Ibanez's, Squire's, Epiphone's starter packs cost like $120~$150, if I recall. It comes with the guitar and amp, I think correct me if I'm wrong, a gig bag of some sort, and a strap. You can get that for extremely less than this package. It's just a standard package with Hendrix's name on it.

We also all know it won't be a very good instrument at the price with Gibson's name, not Epiphone's name on it. It'll most likely be made of Plywood or something.

Also, Jimi is playing a Fender Stratocaster on the package's box. Not to mention with the amps being cheap solid state, the fuzz pedal will have almost no use to people, not to mention it being horribly made. I mean seriously, the "max feedback" amp? That's as bad as "crushing overdrive"

Janie needs a good slap in the face and to get off her high horse. She didn't know Jimi well at all, Jimi only met her a few times. Janie also stated she only saw Jimi play live once. If I recall, Leon saw Jimi play live plenty of times, not to mention he grew up with his brother and watched Jimi strum around on that cheap acoustic.

I'd really like to hear Fender's statement, Leon's, and Billy Cox's (Since Mitch is dead).
Wow.
Nicey done FallsDownStairs. That's one good post right there.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
what bothers me is that just because hes dead big corporations think they should go and make as much use of him and his name as they can. and then his family will let them for the money. same goes for kurt cobain in guitar hero 5 and that whole courtney love thing. people are willing to sell out a good friend/family member's name for a few easy bucks.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Dammit TS! I actually liked Gibson until 20 seconds ago!
WTF is this? I mean really WTF is this!?
Why does a company as well established as gibson with a massive fan base, artists who use their instruments in nearly every genre, feel that in order to make money they must release a direct copy of another companies instrument and slap a famous name on it!?

Do not want!

How long do you think until we some some noobz posting "OMFG luk at my sweet ass Gibson Strat lulz, it's got teh hendricks on it so it are teh awesomes"?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by flanders_91
what bothers me is that just because hes dead big corporations think they should go and make as much use of him and his name as they can. and then his family will let them for the money. same goes for kurt cobain in guitar hero 5 and that whole courtney love thing. people are willing to sell out a good friend/family member's name for a few easy bucks.

Hmm.
Where else have i seen this done?
Dimebag, anyone?
Well,at least Dean didnt make THAT many dime sigs.
But now i wonder,are there more Dimebag based guitars than people at the Vatikan state? Now that's a fun fact.
Its always about money isnt it. The guy who now controls gibson background is wall street not a guitar player. To him everything is about how to make money. So he teams up with a dead famous persons relative to sell another lame poorly made product. To this sister/daughter or whatever relation she is, its just a means to squeeze a little more money out of hendrix's name. Gibson farms out the work to some company in china to basically make a strat with a reverse headstock, pair it up with a cheap amp(think rebadged MG), and a cheaply made fuzz pedal. In these economic times probably not gonna be a big seller. Yea some will be bought for birthday or christmas presents but dont expect a rush to your store to get one.

This is one of those things where you read it roll your eyes click back and go to the next news item. Like on the simpsons episode "attack of the 50ft eyesores" if you ignore then they will go away.
I won't respect anyone who buys these.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Guitar2theface
I won't respect anyone who buys these.

I wont respect anyone that makes these.
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff
First, everything FallsDownStairs said at the end of page 1.

Second, if you're going to copy a strat that outright, go to Fender. The guys who make the strat and who I'm still perplexed never jumped on a Hendrix strat.

Third, it looks awful, Jimi'd be sad, but I work in a shop with plenty of beginner gear, so you can bet I'll be seeing it when it hits the market, I'll give it a shot, you never know.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0