Poll: Which one?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one?
Peavey Classic 30
11 58%
Laney LC 30
8 42%
Voters: 19.
Which one would you choose? Need good cleans and versatile overdrive channel(the highest gain would be maiden, but mostly i dont need that much).
Thanks...
Last edited by PapaSchumpf at Sep 23, 2009,
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
I voted classic 30 but i agree with the man above me.

What is wrong with you?

TS: No experience with the LC, but I know the Classic 30 will do what you want. I saw a great southern rock band once, and the rhythm guitarist used a Classic 30 with a 4x12 extension cab. He had a great Lynyrd Skynyrd tone, and got as heavy as Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden type stuff.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Laney VC30 > Classic 30 > LC30

Just saying.

The VC series is much warmer then the Classic 30.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius

Just saying.

but which has more gain?
I have a C30, and it'll do what you want. Any one of these mentioned will be fine.

However, I recommend investing in a good OD/Dist. box. It'll really bring them to life.
Quote by PapaSchumpf
but which has more gain?

TBH, if you want gain from those amps, you will probably be better off getting an OD to get it to the exact level you want.

The VC has better tone overall IMO. And tone is more important then stock gain levels, as you can always boost the amp.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
lol, right. You are looking at 3 different sounding amps, the ONLY thing they have in common is the 30W.

LC30 and VC30, the LC30 has more contemporary tones if you want to call it that. It has higher gain than the VC30. THe VC30 is more vintage sounding and better for classic rock. Of course this all relative because if you put a pedal in front of it , it doesnt really matter what the gains do. THe later LC30ii comes with an accutronics reverb tank, as does the VC30 (same accutronic unit). The LC30ii has the celestion seventy/80's speaker. Sounds harsh initially but once the speaker is "broken" in, it sounds quite nice. Chuck a vintage 30 in there and WHOA. The VC30 comes with JEnsen speakers, not sure about the models. Same as the LC, after they are broken in they sound warmer. The VC and LC both have the same TAD tubes. I know this because I compared them side by side and looked for myself.
Clean they are voiced similarly. At 150pound cheaper than the VC, I suggest the LC30ii. Even after a speaker swap its still cheaper than the VC30 and they are quite similar performance wise (in my opinion).

The classic 30 I have never played but I have heard someone play through it, albeit only clean. So I wont comment on this

check out this link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0HzjfqbIsI
Last edited by guidothepimmp at Sep 23, 2009,
VC30 for the win, it will do your Maiden happily-unlike the Peavey, but it's brilliant at everything else as well-I go in my local guitar store all the time and pretend I'm buying one just to play with it.
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
I voted for Laney, I just like the way they sound better, I've only played this model once or twice, and I've only heard the peavey in person like once, but I've always liked Laney's for classic rock
how does a Laney L5T compare? Just for classic rock though
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
^ best of the lot, but then it's a lot more expensive, and only 5 watts.

Quote by Simsimius

Just saying.

yeah, pretty much, unless you want fendery cleans.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
LC or VC.

epic.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by tubetime86

What is wrong with you?

TS: No experience with the LC, but I know the Classic 30 will do what you want. I saw a great southern rock band once, and the rhythm guitarist used a Classic 30 with a 4x12 extension cab. He had a great Lynyrd Skynyrd tone, and got as heavy as Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden type stuff.
+1

You can't really go wrong with either of the amps. It's very much up to your preferences.

I tend to think like most people...

VC30 > C30 > LC30 (I haven't played the LC, but heard some solid recordings, and only had a brief time with the VC30.)

Although, the Peavey is very close behind the VC30, simply because I've tried them loads of times, always found good tones. They respond well to pedals and are often found for very cheap on ebay, craigslist and such...

so in fact, I'd probably nad a Classic 30 off ebay and a nice overdrive pedal, over the Laney.