It's not exactly a "which guitar" but I've been thinking of getting an RG to use for my neoclassical shredding that I'm learning to do.
Anyway, instead of shelling out 3 grand for an RG I was wondering, what's a good value RG that's not necessarily state-of-the-art but that has a good tone, realtively good trem system, good neck etc.
I don't want a piece of ****, but I don't want to spend a ****load on it considering I plan on doing it up, changing the paintjob, pickups etc.
But I want a decent trem system, just one that'll hold tuning well, but not too expensive.

So, this is probably all seeming very cluttered. So, basically.
I want a decent RG that's not too much and that has a decent trem system.

Any recommendations?
3 grand for an RG?

you need to go out and try a few to see what works for you

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
yay, youre australian.. i can talk aud

id check out Ormsby in WA. you can see a couple of his builds on his site -- http://www.ormsbyguitars.com to see if anything there that hes built fits the bill

otherwise you could always order a custom build - could be a bit pricey, but if youre not picky, youd be looking at 2700ish?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
um, well i've never seen and RG for 3 grand. if you were gonna spend 3 grand on an ibanez then you should get a prestige series.
Learn to shred on the gear you have, it won't be any easier on an RG or similar.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
In Australia, they have the RG3550Z, RG3570Z, RG1570. Maybe you can find an RG2550Z or an RG2570Z. If you don't need a trem, look into the FR1620, and RGA121.