Hey there, I'm on the verge of buying an ESP horizon NT-II STB. Something that worries me is gigging with an expensive guitar like this. If I'm not going to gig with it, I might as well not buy one.

I'm curious as to what the high-end guitar owners do when it comes to gigs. Do you guys leave the fancy stuff at home? If you have a story about your equipment being damaged or stolen at a gig, please share!
Get a hard case with a lock, put your name all over it, and try not to let it out of sight, and you'll be more then fine.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I'm a firm believer that you shouldn't buy gear if you're not going to play it...if you want to buy a collectors guitar thats another thing...
the most i`ve had stolen was a whammy pedal and a mic stand, i`ve got all my gear insured, so i`m not really that bothered about my high-end guitars other than sentimental value and i have them insured at replacemet cost so even price hikes don`t bother me, paying a high premium though.

nearly forgot had my gibson lp stolen but that was recovered(very quickly without involving the police) as i knew who took it (known criminal in the area - got his door and head kicked in though)
Quote by robert_says
Hey there, I'm on the verge of buying an ESP horizon NT-II STB. Something that worries me is gigging with an expensive guitar like this. If I'm not going to gig with it, I might as well not buy one.

I'm curious as to what the high-end guitar owners do when it comes to gigs. Do you guys leave the fancy stuff at home? If you have a story about your equipment being damaged or stolen at a gig, please share!

Get a hard case and lock it (said above i know).

And if you REALLY love it. You will buy a damn good hard case with a lock that is so good that 10 sticks of dynamite won't break it!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Play your guitar at gigs but just be very careful with it (dont get stoned or drunk and leave it there or something like that). If you are a really professional musician try to have two guitars like one to record or something and the other one to gig with (the second guitar being cheaper but not of lower quality). Jazz guitarrists do this a lot because their main guitar is about 15 grand and its from 1950´s.
Fender Telecaster Thin Line

(For playing fusion as a solo project)
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Vox Wah
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Mxr Phase 90
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Boss DD6 Digital Delay
And if you REALLY love it. You will buy a damn good hard case with a lock that is so good that 10 sticks of dynamite won't break it!

thats good for stopping people messing about with your guitar, but if there gonna nick it they will just take the case.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Personally when I'm gigging I'll be sitting playing my guitar and warming up anytime I'm not on stage anyway, and my backup sits on stage on a stand next to my amp in full view of myself and everyone else.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Don´t leave your guitar anywhere where you can´t always see it, and make sure you always do see it. Don´t drink too much or you won´t notice if it gets stolen.

If you´re gigging in an especially high risk area then bring a different guitar.
I always leave my guitars in my car in the trunk or onstage behind the other bands gear unless I'm doing a sound check or playing. Another good hiding spot is deep under the stage if at all possible.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
+1 to pretty much everyone's answers. I try not to drink too too much, and stay within sight of my gear.
I feel the same way about my guitars. I'm scared somebody is going to steal them. I'm planning on buying a Mexi strat and a $500 PRS to gig with. So I can leave my babies at home where they are safe.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
the most i`ve had stolen was a whammy pedal and a mic stand, i`ve got all my gear insured, so i`m not really that bothered about my high-end guitars other than sentimental value and i have them insured at replacemet cost so even price hikes don`t bother me, paying a high premium though.

So where can you get that kind of insurance?