I am thinking about buying this guitar. My dad has the Ibanez s-series S470dxqm guitar, and its a pretty good guitar but we have some problems doin up the bridge correctly. I find it kind of confusing how you cant simply thread the strings through the body.

Are these 2 guitars similar in terms of how to do the bridge? Anyone have advice on how to string these properly?

Sorry if i sound confusing,I hope someone gets what im trying to say =(
I'm assuming the Ibanez your dad has is equipped with the ZR trem. If so, go to the Ibanez website and look for the 03 Ibanez Prestige Manual. It has some info about setting up the bridge, and other useful tips.
when you buy a ibanez particularly a prestige model the instructions on how to restring are in the accompanying manual.

any double locking trem guitar won`t be string through body as it would inhibit the trem action, unless your refering to passing the string through the trem block like on strats.

the edge pro trem is the easiest double locking trem to restring.
These two guitars are different; S470 has the Wizard 2 neck and the RG1570 has the Wizard Prestige neck. The S470 is an entry level model (made in Korea for 08 and Indoniesia for 09 I think) and the RG1570 is a Prestige (made in Japan).

Check http://www.ibanez.com - they have a nifty tool for comparing guitars.
You have to chop the ball ends off, place them inside the string hole after loosening it, and then tighten it to lock the strings in, pretty standard for a Floyd Rose.

Not sure if it's the same for that trem model, but it's worth a shot.
Quote by SoA_Joseph
You have to chop the ball ends off, place them inside the string hole after loosening it, and then tighten it to lock the strings in, pretty standard for a Floyd Rose.

Not sure if it's the same for that trem model, but it's worth a shot.

You don't need to remove the ball ends for the Edge Pro
the RG1570's trem is much easier to set up than the S series's Zero Resistance trem if you're looking for the most basic answer.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio