Right as per usual with threads like this I need a little input on what amp to buy.

The amp I have atm is a randall RG50TC, I love it to bits but the band situations I was hoping to be using it in just havent popped up and it isnt particularly brilliant as a home practice amp so I'm looking for lower wattage alternatives.

The two amps I've already been looking at are the VOX VT30 and the Roland cube 30x, both seem to be perfect for home use as they apparantly sound good at low volumes and have attenuaters incase I wish to crank them (plus the headphone jacks could be useful) and being modelling amps seem to be extremely versitile in the types of music they can do.
Thus far I'm swaying towards the vox since it has more features for the price range but what do you dudes think and can you suggest alternatives?

My price range is max of £200 which i might consider stretching a little for the right amp, my music style is primarily metal (metallica, dragon force, dream evil etc) but would like something that can handle other genres such as rock and blues (rock being priority, think joe satriani and the like) and has to be something that is ideal for home practice. A headphone jack would be useful but not majorly important. And I aint particularly bothered what type of amp whether its digital,valve or modeling

Thanks guy an gals
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Last edited by sajuuk at Sep 23, 2009,
Take a look at the Peavy Vyper series. The 15 Watt is cheap, but is a great amp. Has all of the settings you're looking for plus some really good effects. I never have to turn mine up past 4 and it still sounds great.
thanks, seen one in town I shallgive it a go i think.

Any other takers?
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC